What's new

KP2 Balance Patch Wishlist

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
I think if a Jade downplayer and a Johnny Cage downplayer had a baby together it would be the antichrist. Your characters are top ten and top five respectively. Continue ignoring allllllllllll tournament top 8's... I'm sure everytime your character is in one its a total fluke. Tons and tons of flukes, endless flukes.

When did a Baraka main make a top 8? Or even make it out of pools? 2019??
Jade is not top 10. Never has been and never will be probably. There is no downplaying.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
if this was true pros wouldnt be missing punishes on them regularly. Yeah they’re very minus but they come out mad quick out of nowhere, then have huge pushback.
“Mad quick” tf I think the fastest FB is like 13f. A lot of them are slow start up. People miss punishes all the time. Pros aren’t perfect. People make mistakes. Whenever I mistime a punish, I never once thought “man NRS needs to make this more punishable”.
Every single one is punishable. All of the issues this game has, FBs on block are not one of them. Even with the pushback, you can still punish.
If people are having trouble punishing them then that’s their problem, not the game’s

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Are you team Truth and Light Raiden as S+++ Tier 2020?
There's some simple stuff they could do to make T&L at least viable or interesting, but odds are they'll simply buff his damage and be done, at best. This variation belongs on the garbage heap.

I think if a Jade downplayer and a Johnny Cage downplayer had a baby together it would be the antichrist. Your characters are top ten and top five respectively. Continue ignoring allllllllllll tournament top 8's... I'm sure everytime your character is in one its a total fluke. Tons and tons of flukes, endless flukes.

You obviously are really bad at the game or just delusional. Jade isn't even bottom 10......All the tournament top 8's with Jade...... hmmmm pull them ALL up please. I recall one with sonic fox playing Jade as a counter pick. He has her listed as the 5th worst character on his tier list as I already mentioned and other notable players have her as the 4th worst.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
if this was true pros wouldnt be missing punishes on them regularly. Yeah they’re very minus but they come out mad quick out of nowhere, then have huge pushback.
Then that's something they need to work on, what to do when they're caught off guard. I get that there's tournament nerves and what not, but there's really no excuse for them.

Like I've said before, as Kano I know that if I'm not really prepared for the FB that I blocked, I can do a kanoball for all non-ranged ones (and b3, easy KB) and ranged one's that I started blocking at near starting screen distance (would have to check that again). And always duck immediately after blocking Erron's FB because it'll whiff and not push you back anymore. That's just something I know, I practiced it. Kanoball is not the best punish, but it doesn't let them get away with it for free.

If I'm ready, b2 combo starters work for pretty much all non ranged FBs. 2,4 does work, but since you can block the non ranged ones a different distances, I just do b2 so I don't have to really think about it. I also keep a google doc to help me if I'm ever unsure.

I know every character is different, not every character has an advancing special like Kanoball, but you'll figure it out with your character. You'll be surprised that maybe you can dash in and still punish. I know I was. Just fucking practice, practice different situations to figure out the best course of action.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium

Honest question. What reality are you from where Jade is top 10? I wanna go there.

As for Baraka tournament placings, that's a little bit of a biased perception with tournaments as they've kinda all been canceled due to the global pandemic. Online tournaments, however, have had Biohazard regularly placing top 8s using Kano and Baraka.

Wigy

There it is...
“Mad quick” tf I think the fastest FB is like 13f. A lot of them are slow start up. People miss punishes all the time. Pros aren’t perfect. People make mistakes. Whenever I mistime a punish, I never once thought “man NRS needs to make this more punishable”.
Every single one is punishable. All of the issues this game has, FBs on block are not one of them. Even with the pushback, you can still punish.
If people are having trouble punishing them then that’s their problem, not the game’s
punishing max range fatal blows with certain characters is a nightmare man.

i cannot think of one legitimate case for having pushback on block on fatal blows.

never got this, pros miss the punishes, many casuals have the same complaints, like whats your argument they shouldnt be easier to punish. They’re a resourceless, armoured, unbreakable 34% move. You could make them all -50 and magnet you next to the person and id be okay with it.

i just dont see a case for it other than people wanting to say ‘git gud liek me’

if you’re punishing it every time what does it matter.

I agree, pokes don't really make a lot of sense right now. I went from Raiden to Spawn and the difference in simply attempting d1 into s1 is night and day.
It's great for me that all of my other characters have +15 d1s but I don't really understand why they get to have it over other characters.
And I'm pretty sure everybody has also noticed almost every DLC character rolling in with a +13 minimum d1 or d3.
Yesss. It's really frustrating when I land a D3 and try to jail and I get d2'd due to a lack of plus frames on hit.

Honestly I would prefer if Johnny got useable Krushing Blows.
Maybe speed up his f3 a bit so it can actually compete with some of the other mids since his plus frames are gone.
And fix his inconsistencies. Like nrs please. This needs to be done with everyone.
Overall tho, nothing crazy for him. Just bring him in line with other characters.
Also, Kabal needs some flawless block gaps or something

xKhaoTik

punishing max range fatal blows with certain characters is a nightmare man.

i cannot think of one legitimate case for having pushback on block on fatal blows.

never got this, pros miss the punishes, many casuals have the same complaints, like whats your argument they shouldnt be easier to punish. They’re a resourceless, armoured, unbreakable 34% move. You could make them all -50 and magnet you next to the person and id be okay with it.

i just dont see a case for it other than people wanting to say ‘git gud liek me’

if you’re punishing it every time what does it matter.
I just don’t understand all the crying behind it
Tekken 7 gives you THREE comeback mechanics and there’s barely any crying around them. MK11 gives us one, the same way you get it in Tekken, and it’s a bitch fest because it’s “hard to punish something that’s extremely punishable. Make the extremely punishable move even more punishable”.
I can understand the case of the full screen FBs since there’s hardly any characters who can punish it from that range, but the point blank ones or even the ones at sweep range can be punished by nearly anyone.
This game already holds your hand, tightly at that. What more do you want lol

Last edited:

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Overall tho, nothing crazy for him. Just bring him in line with other characters.
Isn't he already pretty high up there on the tier lists? I mean, I'd love to see his hitbox issues resolved, but otherwise he seems like he's already in line, if not above the line, with other characters.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I just don’t understand all the crying behind it
Tekken 7 gives you THREE comeback mechanics and there’s barely any crying around them. MK11 gives us one, the same way you get it in Tekken, and it’s a bitch fest because it’s “hard to punish something that’s extremely punishable. Make the extremely punishable move even more punishable”.
This is a terrible comparison because Fatal Blows don't have Super Flashes. They're armored, 2 button attacks that deal 35-40% and they come out insanely quick.

If someone throws a Rage Art out in neutral you have more than enough time to react to it

xKhaoTik

This is a terrible comparison because Fatal Blows don't have Super Flashes. They're armored, 2 button attacks that deal 35-40% and they come out insanely quick.

If someone throws a Rage Art out in neutral you have more than enough time to react to it

Ok and rage arts are armored (on startup btw) and are 2 button attacks also. They do just about the same damage too. What’s your point?
Also only noobs throw out rage arts in the neutral freely. Anyone with a brain knows you’re supposed to use it on reaction to something and it’ll catch them

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Ok and rage arts are armored (on startup btw) and are 2 button attacks also. What’s your point?
Also only noobs throw out rage arts in the neutral freely. Anyone with a brain knows you’re supposed to use it on reaction to something and it’ll catch them
Did you not even see the post or are you legit that dumb? The point was the super flash. Random Fatal Blow is a legitimate strategy in MK11 because you can't react to or punish half of them. Tekken and other fighters have a full second of Cinematic before the super comes out, even Injustice has it.

xKhaoTik

Did you not even see the post or are you legit that dumb? The point was the super flash. Random Fatal Blow is a legitimate strategy in MK11 because you can't react to or punish half of them. Tekken and other fighters have a full second of Cinematic before the super comes out, even Injustice has it.
What does the super flash have anything to do with it on block? Is there a super flash when it’s blocked or something? Oh I didn’t think so.
Just because YOU can’t punish half of them doesn’t mean they aren’t punishable lol. I’m all for increasing the startup on them, sure, but I can’t get behind making them even more punishable. Every single one is full combo punishable on block. So again, if you have a problem punishing them, then that’s YOUR problem.

My main is Kitana. If I can punish them with my 17f mid, then there is no issue when this game has even faster advancing mids (some single frame) and/or attacks. Lab and quit crying

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Let Soul Eater Shang have his soul stealing move. I want the ultimate shapeshifter. No, I do not care about the balance with the ninja's all having KBs and him shifting would give him access to even more KBs. I don't care, bring on the shifting.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I could ask for Kano buffs, but I mean I think he's fine where he's at being mid-tier. Not all characters will be really good. It sucks that we don't see him very often in tourneys but it is what it is.

I definitely think they need to make armor breakers universal and not variation dependent that is so freaking dumb. Just adjust the damage based on if the character is combo heavy or not.

Fatal blows also need to be one and done.

Change existing strings so they pop up for more combo routes.

I think this would change the meta and make the game a bit more fun. And this is coming from someone who already still enjoys the game almost 2 years later.