What's new

Kitana General Discussion

Elias6999

Mournful Master
Ugh I hate the krypt rng for not letting me have the kiss brutality, its soooo good. It was in my brother’s first chest lol. I completed the krypt except for the place that requires Shinnok’s amulet, and I STILL DONT HAVE THE BRUTALITY :(

Semiij plays Kitana amazingly. He makes me pulling out Kitana out of the cryo again and again.
I just can't play that good and without that it is rather a frustration lol.

But probably knowing the match ups better will help playing with her in the long run too. She needs to know the match ups pretty well to play the neutral propely. Maybe more than other characters with better mix up tools which is match up independent. :)

John_NX

Noob
I know this has probably been said before but why some special moves like squarewave (ground) and the "further" version of fanlift are not included in her basekit? They limit her soooo much and they also don't allow us to use other abilities. Plus, why the hell did they nerf her combo fans? I just realised she was able to combo off air fans and now she isn't. (I know late to the party :coffee:)

I know this has probably been said before but why some special moves like squarewave (ground) and the "further" version of fanlift are not included in her basekit? They limit her soooo much and they also don't allow us to use other abilities. Plus, why the hell did they nerf her combo fans? I just realised she was able to combo off air fans and now she isn't. (I know late to the party :coffee:)
"Balance change." :)

New York Pizza

Premium
Premium Supporter
Personally, I really hope they "fix" her back walk speed and revert her fan toss frame data the way it was. I say "fix" because it's like they changed the entire casts' walk speeds since the beta but left kitanas walk speed in pre-release speed lol. I think NRS wanted Fan-Fare to be this shimmy/ wiff punishing char (classic kitana) and Fan-Service to be a stagger/ counter zoning (pretty unique) char. I think the abysmal walk back speed makes it unnecessarily harder than it should be. NJP wiff punish is an option but it's often inconsistent even with float.

Plus, if I have to risk committing to a whole string and getting full combo punished (TFW you clip someone out of the air with b2 only to get full combo punished) at least let me be some sort of threat to the poke happy mashers. Because honestly (nobody says this), contesting with baby dick d3, long-ranged-but-oh-wait-it-still-wiffed d1, and long-ranged-but-oh-wait-10frames-oh-wait-it-still-gets-mashed-out-by-every-other-d4-oh-wait-its-not-that-useful d4, just isnt enough.

Last edited:

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
We may as well just use Kabal. He’s basically a better version of Kitana anyway, AND he can do air conversions with his enhanced saw.

It’s an injustice, really.