What's new

General/Other KILLER FROST - General Discussion Thread

Im sorry KF community I tried and dropped the ball I had Dizzy beat and it was Losers finals for my pool ugh . I beat Hostile (Nw,grundy), 2-0 Lost to Sonic fox 1-2 beat panther 2-1 and another GA Frost player 2-0 then lost to Dizzy 2-1
Dude don't... Do you have nay idea how awesome it was for us to see KF on stream? It put a smile on my face and an even bigger one when I saw how good you are. Grats for beating all those guys and against Dizzy, it was your victory. I've always said KF has a tight execution, but no one is perfect. Lots of luck to all KF tourney players and I can't wait for the major that she dominates!

yea execution was the issue cause since I dont own a xbox I had to buy a new controller For it and it was stiff so missed alot of commands especially mb grabs up 3s turned to jumps which I improvised into cross ups but thanks for the support next time I got this :)

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
yea execution was the issue cause since I dont own a xbox I had to buy a new controller For it and it was stiff so missed alot of commands especially mb grabs up 3s turned to jumps which I improvised into cross ups but thanks for the support next time I got this :)
Dude, trust me I know the pains of trying to get used to xbox timing. The game definitely runs a bit smoother on xbox, but it is so annoying when I will mis-time things and they end up not registering because my character hasn't recovered yet...and 1 of 2 things happen... 1) nothing comes out and I am standing there like yeah that is definitely what I wanted to do and 2) I will get an instant U3 because I entered b1u3 after a standing reset and the b1 was entered before I recovered and just the U3 registered.

Everything else timing-wise on xbox is fine, it is basically doing the move at the first few available frames off of a jump/dash/advantage string

Sadly at our AK weekly I play on xbox on stream I dont have those problems some ppl said not just me there was delay in the monitorss but I didnt wanna blame it on that but I played my friend in casuals every all setups and things I do came out easy smh

gabesena

PSN: uB-Sena
Dude, trust me I know the pains of trying to get used to xbox timing. The game definitely runs a bit smoother on xbox, but it is so annoying when I will mis-time things and they end up not registering because my character hasn't recovered yet...and 1 of 2 things happen... 1) nothing comes out and I am standing there like yeah that is definitely what I wanted to do and 2) I will get an instant U3 because I entered b1u3 after a standing reset and the b1 was entered before I recovered and just the U3 registered.

Everything else timing-wise on xbox is fine, it is basically doing the move at the first few available frames off of a jump/dash/advantage string
Play on different systems with killer frost is really hard indeed, do two up3 it's hard when you keep switching timing

RiBBz22

Sadly at our AK weekly I play on xbox on stream I dont have those problems some ppl said not just me there was delay in the monitorss but I didnt wanna blame it on that but I played my friend in casuals every all setups and things I do came out easy smh
Yeah, all monitors and xbox combos could have sliiiightly different timing and it does make a difference for sure when you have tight windows to pull stuff off. I really notice it going to casuals as well man so you are not alone. This actually makes me feel a lot better believe it or not lol.

RiBBz22

Man, I am using trait so much more now in matches. Ending some combos in 11b2 trait charge (instead of finishing with a meterless vortex setup) alone is a mind F and seems to make people do some pretty stupid things. I guess psychologically no one wants to let you do anything for free and try to do something to stop it.

Man, I am using trait so much more now in matches. Ending some combos in 11b2 trait charge (instead of finishing with a meterless vortex setup) alone is a mind F and seems to make people do some pretty stupid things. I guess psychologically no one wants to let you do anything for free and try to do something to stop it.
I like that if we have trait charged up, they are afraid to clash, it's like they are saving it for the trait combo, exactly like vs Flash. I usually just save it for that, getting them to 40-50% life and then just do unclashable, not even activating the trait for the second life bar.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
We have a corner "infinite," it's character specific - tested it on two characters so far, works on one of them.

At work until 4 EST, I'll post a video tonight at the earliest, tomorrow night at the latest.

If/when NRS hotfixes or patches this out I hope it doesn't unintentionally screw Frost over or something.

We have a corner "infinite," it's character specific - tested it on two characters so far, works on one of them.

At work until 4 EST, I'll post a video tonight at the earliest, tomorrow night at the latest.

If/when NRS hotfixes or patches this out I hope it doesn't unintentionally screw Frost over or something.
Damn! Yeah lets hope NRS doesn't screw us over. I'm curious what this might be, trait canceling strings?

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Damn! Yeah lets hope NRS doesn't screw us over. I'm curious what this might be, trait canceling strings?
No, it's an infinite reset. I was exploring different ways to reversal wake-up attack in the corner. I literally discovered it over breakfast before work this morning. I'll just tell you guys how to do it since I prolly won't have time to post a video tonight:

How to perform it
Choose Batman, set his wake-up attack to slide kick. When Batman's cornered, perform the regular version of command throw, immediately dash forward and immediately input another command throw at the end of your dash animation. If you performed this correctly, Batman's wake-up slide kick will come out in the opposite direction.

This meaty command throw set-up is unduckable, unbackdashable, and unjumpable. Batman's only valid reversal is slide kick, which comes out in the other direction in the corner. Killer Frost recover's from a whiffed command throw quickly enough to guarantee a combo - a combo that can end with the same command throw that started the reset.

Rinse and repeat. An inescapable reset.

Things I haven't tested
+This does not work against Frost, her reversal recovers quickly enough that you can't punish it after the meaty command throw whiffs: meaning, some characters (Batman so far) cannot escape, while some others (Frost) can. I figure Aquaman can't, but maybe water-shield will escape... I figure Raven can't either....

+I have not tested to see if Batman's reversal super gets him out of this, my guess is it does

+I have not tested if delayed wake-ups allow slide kick to counter the meaty command throw. If so, then this reset isn't too broken.

+How many hardknockdown's lead to this set-up? I know 223 does. I don't know if f3, f3 does. u3 might work... etc.

+THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING I HAVEN'T TESTED: can I punish Batman's whiffed slide kick with a raw command throw OR can I punish it with f3, f3, and is it possible to time this reset with f3, f3's hard knock down??? If either of these options are possible, then we're looking at an unclashable infinite reset.

No, it's an infinite reset. I was exploring different ways to reversal wake-up attack in the corner. I literally discovered it over breakfast before work this morning. I'll just tell you guys how to do it since I prolly won't have time to post a video tonight:

How to perform it
Choose Batman, set his wake-up attack to slide kick. When Batman's cornered, perform the regular version of command throw, immediately dash forward and immediately input another command throw at the end of your dash animation. If you performed this correctly, Batman's wake-up slide kick will come out in the opposite direction.

This meaty command throw set-up is unduckable, unbackdashable, and unjumpable. Batman's only valid reversal is slide kick, which comes out in the other direction in the corner. Killer Frost recover's from a whiffed command throw quickly enough to guarantee a combo - a combo that can end with the same command throw that started the reset.

Rinse and repeat. An inescapable reset.

Things I haven't tested
+This does not work against Frost, her reversal recovers quickly enough that you can't punish it after the meaty command throw whiffs: meaning, some characters (Batman so far) cannot escape, while some others (Frost) can. I figure Aquaman can't, but maybe water-shield will escape... I figure Raven can't either....

+I have not tested to see if Batman's reversal super gets him out of this, my guess is it does

+I have not tested if delayed wake-ups allow slide kick to counter the meaty command throw. If so, then this reset isn't too broken.

+How many hardknockdown's lead to this set-up? I know 223 does. I don't know if f3, f3 does. u3 might work... etc.

+THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING I HAVEN'T TESTED: can I punish Batman's whiffed slide kick with a raw command throw OR can I punish it with f3, f3, and is it possible to time this reset with f3, f3's hard knock down??? If either of these options are possible, then we're looking at an unclashable infinite reset.
That's awesome! I've just tested it on Batman and to answer some of your doubts:

He can't escape even with reversal super, it comes on the other side as well. KF can punish the whiffed slide with raw command throw.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
That's awesome! I've just tested it on Batman and to answer some of your doubts:

He can't escape even with reversal super, it comes on the other side as well. KF can punish the whiffed slide with raw command throw.
Then, barring the possibility that delayed wake-ups escape this, Batman's dead if we touch him in the corner... no clash, no super, no reversal can save him... I almost feel sorry for the guy.

I really hope NRS does something smart if they address this. I could see a poorly implemented hotfix being detrimental to Frost, or possibly other characters (if they go the route to nerf meaty throws by making them jumpable or something than I'd feel sorry for Shazam, for example). The only elegant fix that comes to mind hurts Frost a lil, but not too much, would be to either shorten the hardknockdown duration of command throw or to make it a techable knockdown. Neither would fix this option outright, and both would hurt our corner game, but it's the only agreeable option off the top of my head.

The other thing on my mind is can Shazam, Grundy or Bane use this in some way? Shazam's the only other character that can maybe do this, I think. I don't know how Cyborg's command throw works either...

Then, barring the possibility that delayed wake-ups escape this, Batman's dead if we touch him in the corner... no clash, no super, no reversal can save him... I almost feel sorry for the guy.

I really hope NRS does something smart if they address this. I could see a poorly implemented hotfix being detrimental to Frost, or possibly other characters (if they go the route to nerf meaty throws by making them jumpable or something than I'd feel sorry for Shazam, for example). The only elegant fix that comes to mind hurts Frost a lil, but not too much, would be to either shorten the hardknockdown duration of command throw or to make it a techable knockdown. Neither would fix this option outright, and both would hurt our corner game, but it's the only agreeable option off the top of my head.

The other thing on my mind is can Shazam, Grundy or Bane use this in some way? Shazam's the only other character that can maybe do this, I think. I don't know how Cyborg's command throw works either...
If they nerf this is in a way that hurts us, they better give us something in return, like a faster trait for example. I've testes this on Zod, it works for both the palm and zod's charge. Both can be punished by the grab on whiff as well. His super saves him tho, but still he is screwed.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Ok, so what EXACTLY do I have to do to test this? Are you doing this after a HKD? The AI set on wake up? Give me the formula.

Oh and don't worry, if they didn't "hot fix" DD's corner reversal tech, they wont touch this.

Ok, so what EXACTLY do I have to do to test this? Are you doing this after a HKD? The AI set on wake up? Give me the formula.

Oh and don't worry, if they didn't "hot fix" DD's corner reversal tech, they wont touch this.
Just do the freeze grab in the corner, doesn't mater if it's a combo. Next dash in right after you knock them down and do it again. It will reverse their WU. It's also possible to not dash and wait a moment, then do the grab, but dashing is easier.

RunwayMafia

Just do the freeze grab in the corner, doesn't mater if it's a combo. Next dash in right after you knock them down and do it again. It will reverse their WU. It's also possible to not dash and wait a moment, then do the grab, but dashing is easier.
LOL...oh wow. Does this work on a multiple characters? If you guys are testing right now let's divy up a list and start testing. Do you guys want me to start recording?

LOL...oh wow. Does this work on a multiple characters? If you guys are testing right now let's divy up a list and start testing. Do you guys want me to start recording?
Recording would be nice. I tested it on Batman and Zod, both work great. Zod can only escape with the super. I can help you test, you can take the heroes, I'll take the villains if you agree?

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
I'm happy you guys are taking on the project. I had 5 minutes to leave for work when I realized what I'd stumbled upon, and today's a busy day for me so I've been salty at work theory crafting it's usefulness. And @RunwayMafia, if you can record this that would be awesome, earliest I'd be able to is later tonight, and that's not even likely.

RunwayMafia

Recording would be nice. I tested it on Batman and Zod, both work great. Zod can only escape with the super. I can help you test, you can take the heroes, I'll take the villains if you agree?
Sounds great, I have my notebook and I'm ready to go!

I'm happy you guys are taking on the project. I had 5 minutes to leave for work when I realized what I'd stumbled upon, and today's a busy day for me so I've been salty at work theory crafting it's usefulness. And @RunwayMafia, if you can record this that would be awesome, earliest I'd be able to is later tonight, and that's not even likely.
We are on it! You guys do so much for the tech finding and what not, it's the least I can do. Plus, I have a ton of time on my hands currently.