What's new

General/Other KILLER FROST - General Discussion Thread

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
U make no sense. If you walk back after a d1 to block a f3 you are getting hit by d1 slide. If you respect slide you are blocking low there.

I am going to move this KF discussion stuff into the KF forum in a bit to unclog this thread
Lol the other thread was more relevant. You describe it as if d1 into d1 slide or f3 is an unreactable 50/50 when it isn't

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
Dont know if u guys have talked bout it before but how do u guys feel about KF down+3 if you dash forward and neutral jump it reverses their wake up then u can choose to cross up with a jump 2 or not with a jump 3, characters like aquaman just gotta hold that shit,

f+3,u3,u3,22,slide, d+3 is one way to combo into d+3

you can also scout their wakeup if they have an advancing one and airdash toward them

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Dont know if u guys have talked bout it before but how do u guys feel about KF down+3 if you dash forward and neutral jump it reverses their wake up then u can choose to cross up with a jump 2 or not with a jump 3, characters like aquaman just gotta hold that shit,

f+3,u3,u3,22,slide, d+3 is one way to combo into d+3

you can also scout their wakeup if they have an advancing one and airdash toward them
I like just ending in the meterless vortex better personally. Ending in U3 instead of D3 also creates an untechable knockdown just with more options in my opinion. Plus it does a bit more damage.

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
I think it does like one percent less but yeah I understand u3 is a better option but can't they do a wakeup if you don't do a meterburn f+3?

Last edited:

RiBBz22

I think it does like one percent less but yeah I understand u3 is a better option but can't they do a wakeup if you don't do a meterburn f+3?
They can do a wakeup in either case. I just like the options I have after the U3. You can dash under 50-50/cross-up/jump away air dash cross-up or hit same side...delay dash neutral jump into ambiguous cross-ups, dash in 50-50, dash in bait wake up, armor f3...So many options.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
The game is long past it's early stages where things like wake-up slide and dash in mb f3 were a problem. How does Killer Frost in the current meta consistently open up opposition safely?

Things considered illegitimate responses:
Slide
d1, d1 slide
d1, f3
MB F3
B1
Ice Parry
Air dash
Air Normals

RiBBz22

The game is long past it's early stages where things like wake-up slide and dash in mb f3 were a problem. How does Killer Frost in the current meta consistently open up opposition safely?

Things considered illegitimate responses:
Slide
d1, d1 slide
d1, f3
MB F3
B1
Ice Parry
Air dash
Air Normals
Moved to general discussion forum

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
If this was known I apologize im using my phone and cant flip through all the pages

So Killer Frost can bounce cancel back+1 and standing 3 on BLOCK? And 2

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
So....I heard a while back about some peeps talking about being able to stuff BatGirl's wakeups using d1, so I'm in the lab right now and did you guys know that D2 stuffs her cartwheel....like easily and every time? Her D2 can also interrupt Harley's 112.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
So the b1~bc.f3 or b1~slide mix up will be a bill of goods... it's not yet because virtually nobody can block it consistently. Like, I always knew that rare players who respond based on sound could block it consistently, but it always seemed pretty far-fetched that anyone could 100% block it on sight. I was in the lab today and I realized that you just have to look at Frost's meter and when you see it deplete after a b1, stand block, otherwise remain in crouch block...

Which isn't to say the gimmick doesn't have utility. Lots of players won't look out for it in other strings like 111, 22, or even d1, but if this game is given enough time to develop they might.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Random tech dump:

d1 on hit forces stand. If you ever hit with an un-cancelled d1, 111 is guaranteed on block

111~trait cancel, dash forward on block is at least +4 frames when performed properly

whiff 2~slide just outside of 2's range. the opponent might walk into it or collide with it in some way and activate the cancel. plus 2 recovers hella quick on whiff. shades of 3S Dudley s.RH~ex.MGB

after hard knockdown, rule of thumb to reversal wake-ups: dash forward, j.forward... After 223/command throw, dash, slight pause, j.forward... After u3, dash, immediately j.forward. I abuse this against MMH's psionic push on oki for full combo punish

we shouldn't underestimate the power of meaty command throw on oki. The only escape is reversal... think about that... think about that versus Batman

meaty command throw is possible after u3, it requires specific combos where the last u3 doesn't juggle too low to the ground (f3/b1u3, u3, u3, 2~slide, u3, dash, command throw works; while f3/b1u3, u3, u3, 11b2~slide, u3, dash command throw doesn't). Meaty command throw after u3 is possible against 19 characters and not possible against 11: green arrow, nightwing, flash, and all 8 females. For whatever reason they never reach a standing state after u3's hardknockdown

These are my notes for landing the j1~mb.freeze reset, it makes sense to me, but I need to go back in training mode and revision it:
Nips: aqua, mmh, batm, supes, lantern (mid chest), lobo, scorp, ares, sinestro
Above nips: adam, zod (mid chest), wowo
Throat: frost, raven, zat, hawkg, batg, harle, catwo
Mid chest: deathstroke, flash
End of shoulder ridge: cyborg
Baton tips: nwing
Tip of chest/collarbone: arrow, shazam
Just under bowtie: joker (costume dependent?)
Between chest and wait/upper abs: grundy, lex (below chest bulge), dooms, bane

instant air back dash is awesome and more people should be using it. You recover from it much more quickly than a regular backdash so you can instantly block, throw daggers, iceberg, back dash or forward dash, jump, etc...

Lastly, I'm working on a video that shows why a j1 cross-up mix-up after a mb.freeze is probably better than her j2, 2, high-low mix-up.

EDIT: forgot this one
the b2 oki cross-up that was posted on these forums ages ago works midscreen against most the cast. The timing's a little tight. Anyone who holds straight down to low block will block this since it's not a true cross-up, but one gimmick I've been using sparingly is after a blocked crossup b2, I immediately mb.f3. Catches lots of players because it's so rare

Last edited:
Im sorry KF community I tried and dropped the ball I had Dizzy beat and it was Losers finals for my pool ugh . I beat Hostile (Nw,grundy), 2-0 Lost to Sonic fox 1-2 beat panther 2-1 and another GA Frost player 2-0 then lost to Dizzy 2-1

Last edited:

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Im sorry KF I tried and dropped the ball I had Dizzy beat and it was Losers finals for my pool ugh . I beat Hostile (Nw,grundy), 2-0 Lost to Sonic fox 1-2 beat panther 2-1 and another GA Frost player 2-0 then lost to Dizzy 2-1
Don't worry boo, good job on what you did accomplish. Oddly enough, Killer Frost's time to shine is still on the horizon (Khaotik got the hype going during Summer Jam), it'll be my turn at UFGT (I think Ribzz is going as well) and then of course Evo.

Our time is coming...

Don't worry boo, good job on what you did accomplish. Oddly enough, Killer Frost's time to shine is still on the horizon (Khaotik got the hype going during Summer Jam), it'll be my turn at UFGT (I think Ribzz is going as well) and then of course Evo.

Our time is coming...
I might be going to CEO I got something to prove now new determination.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Im sorry KF community I tried and dropped the ball I had Dizzy beat and it was Losers finals for my pool ugh . I beat Hostile (Nw,grundy), 2-0 Lost to Sonic fox 1-2 beat panther 2-1 and another GA Frost player 2-0 then lost to Dizzy 2-1
You played well man. Your style's closer to how Frost should be played imo, and if your execution had been tighter you would've run a muck on Dizzy. You've got nothing to apologize for - but it's awesome you're so driven.

RiBBz22

No need to apologize, I think it was clear that you should have won the match and just had some execution issues that came back to haunt you. I think you should be resetting Aquaman more. We don't have to fear his trait since we have 1 hit launchers. Just grab MB, charge trait and go into the 50-50. Make him fear your best tool. Not sure if you weren't resetting him on purpose when you landed slides, or if it was just mis-executed. It happens to us all.