What's new

General/Other KILLER FROST - General Discussion Thread

I will post for every character I test. Just finished with Lobo.

The charge gets reversed and punished by the grab. The toss as well, but it recovers quickly to not be punished by the grab. His super gets him out. It's weird tho, the physically hitting supers get auto corrected even if we reverse them ( Same happened with Zod's super). It worked on a ranged supers, like Batman's.

Hm, Joker's super gets auto corrected as well, I guess my theory was wrong. Anyways works vs the flower, but it recovers really fast, cant grab him again.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
My little brother said batman was waking up everytime he knocked him down with command grab. What is he doing wrong? I told him what you guys are saying and he still can't get it.

Man I cant wait to test this

If I come back from Jamaica next week to a nerf I am holding you guys personally responsible lol
They won't nerf it probably. It's too hard to pull of consistently and we need to do it like 8 times for the unclashable. Also it doesn't work on all characters and most supers work against it.

Harley gets out with silly slide. If it's reversed it recovers way too quickly, we can't even punish with 111. But if we don't reverse it, the grab catches her. Also she can get out with super.

Sinestro's sting hits from behind, vs BA's cage it won't work and Bane's command grab recovers fast enough so we can't punish.

Overall on the Villains side it works best for:

Zod : both phantom strike and zod charge can be punished by the grab for unclashable infinite. His only option is super.
Joker and Lobo : The flower and the toss can't be punished by the grab, but can for a combo. Also their supers work.

For now Batman has is the worst, not even his super saves him.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
So I was working on blowing up bane tick throw set-ups. I always knew b2 would blow up d2~command throw and d1~command throw, but I didn't realize til last night that f3 worked as well. There was another string, his low, low one (b22?) that I couldn't b2 between b2(?) and command throw, but I could f3.

Hmm... I was messing with mb freeze links and it's probably known, but do you guys use the mb freeze into mb freeze in the corner? I've tested with the opponent ducking, neutral jumping, jumping back and backdashing and it seems to work. The link is pretty tight tho (1 or 2 frames), but it's a guaranteed reset for 2 bars. Mid screen I can't get the backdash one to connect, but I'm sure it works in the corner.

Last edited:

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Hmm... I was messing with mb freeze links and it's probably known, but do you guys use the mb freeze into mb freeze in the corner? I've tested with the opponent ducking, neutral jumping, jumping back and backdashing and it seems to work. The link is pretty tight tho (1 or 2 frames), but it's a guaranteed reset for 2 bars. Mid screen I can't get the backdash one to connect, but I'm sure it works in the corner.
The back dash one, it's timed to basically "catch" the backdash, right?

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
I though about it as well, but no. If you delay it you simply catch the backdash every time, but it works with the same timing as ducking/jumping. Maybe it's just me, can anyone else test too?
This is twice now I've heard of a timing that catches backdashes and everything else, jumps/ducks/etc. But I've never been able to catch backdashes/jumps/ducks all at once.

Here is a video of the of the command grab vs backdashing in the corner. As you can see, it's not catching the backdash, it's just before the invulnerable frames ( same timing as ducking and jumping).

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Here is a video of the of the command grab vs backdashing in the corner. As you can see, it's not catching the backdash, it's just before the invulnerable frames ( same timing as ducking and jumping).

Hmmm...

Not sure. I thought this was a just frame link, and wasn't dependent upon where you did it on the screen as long as you did it on the proper frames. I remember a list someone put together a month or 2 ago (maybe Rickyraws?) that helped to find exactly where to hit each opponent to get the framing just right. I think this was tested against dashes, crouching, blocking, etc. and confirmed that they could not even back dash if done correctly. Perhaps that is not actually the case??

But yes, I have had some success with this tactic online - but I often just chalk it up to the fact that my opponent was expecting a F3 instead of B1 and therefore wasnt crouching, making the timing more lenient

Hmmm...

Not sure. I thought this was a just frame link, and wasn't dependent upon where you did it on the screen as long as you did it on the proper frames. I remember a list someone put together a month or 2 ago (maybe Rickyraws?) that helped to find exactly where to hit each opponent to get the framing just right. I think this was tested against dashes, crouching, blocking, etc. and confirmed that they could not even back dash if done correctly. Perhaps that is not actually the case??

But yes, I have had some success with this tactic online - but I often just chalk it up to the fact that my opponent was expecting a F3 instead of B1 and therefore wasnt crouching, making the timing more lenient
You mean the one that you do j1 into mb freeze after mb freeze? Yeah someone put a list, but those were backdashable. Someone mentioned something about a j1 really low to the ground would link with mb freeze and they can't backdash, but I don't think anyone confirmed this. I will try a few minutes mid screen with mb freeze into mb freeze vs backdashing, but it will probably not work. No idea what it does in the corner, this game's corners are super weird.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
You mean the one that you do j1 into mb freeze after mb freeze? Yeah someone put a list, but those were backdashable. Someone mentioned something about a j1 really low to the ground would link with mb freeze and they can't backdash, but I don't think anyone confirmed this. I will try a few minutes mid screen with mb freeze into mb freeze vs backdashing, but it will probably not work. No idea what it does in the corner, this game's corners are super weird.
Yes. I'm sorry, I assumed you were doing MB Grab into NJ1 MB Grab again. If it was confirmed that you could backdash out of it, my bad. I must have missed that post. I'm still operating under the impression that if done perfectly, there is no escape. The only time I've ever had anyone get out of it is by them crouching, and me miss-timing. But perhaps a back dash also works? Seems risky (from the perspective of KF's opponent) to do ANYTHING but block low or high after she locks you into vortex. If they're backdashing, they're either VERY aware of her traps and can read a J1 vs J2 (I also recall reading that it was possible off a J2, but much harder to time. If you learned that, it would eliminate the J1 as a sign) or they're mashing buttons and will get blown up by F3 or B1

But yes! Please let us know what you find. I'm not able to test anything out until much later. Definitely a strategy worth pocketing for your corner game, at least