What's new

ded

Elder God
I can do Kabal's IAF with WASD, man. I've been playing like this since 1997.

on a side note, i am not Reptlie player - i play with everyone. back in 2005 no one was doing big combos and infinites with him, so i guess that's why most people "labeled" me.

i was tagged by @MRIGOTBASS, therefore i just gave my opinion.

Last edited:

A l i

[TAS]
I can do Kabal's IAF with WASD, man. I've been playing like this since 1997
Oh great please send me a video of you doing 20 consecutive IAFs with WASD. I will be waiting. Jumping and then holding Up then starting after your first landing while timing fireballs is not what i am talking about. Maybe you can do 1-2 time but consistently is not possible

ded

Elder God
not sure why attacking me lol

1. i gave my 2 cents, because i was asked to;
  2. i have finished dealing with video proofs years ago;
  3. some people DO indeed consider keyboard as cheating for classic MK Games, but that's maybe for another thread;

A l i

[TAS]
not sure why attacking me lol

1. i gave my 2 cents, because i was asked to;
  2. i have finished dealing with video proofs years ago;
  3. some people DO indeed consider keyboard as cheating for classic MK Games, but that's maybe for another thread;
You are not attacked my friend, this is just a conversation we are having. Thanks for having an opinion and sharing. Video proof or not, any one that reads this can try to make 20 IAF video with WASD and send it to here for all of us to see if they disagree. I have been playing online for 2 years and it is not as long as you of course but i have encountered over 100-200 How to do IAF it doesnt work in my layout questions from different people. moment they changed placement of UP, easily doable. so it is an unfair advantage if we are talking about sticking with ORIGINAL WAY I am just stating that doubles are as fair as changing layouts. For some people it is comfortable to use UP in right hand, for some people in Left, for some they use both in situations they are comfortable. But that does not decide the winner and loser. I know a guy playing with D-Pad that kicks ass in tournaments. Its just however is comfortable. that way people should play.

mkholic

Noob
I am not saying you should ban it, just that it won't be allowed in an offline event (like EVO, Summer Jam, ECT and etc).
it's literally in the evo rules, i'm on the "not fair" side BUT one has to accept that it's 2022 and a lot has changed since umk was released including how games are played and thought of
you either adapt or stagnate

Last edited:

A l i

[TAS]
it's literally in the evo rules, i'm on the "not fair" side BUT one has to accept that it's 2022 and a lot has changed since umk was released including how the games are played and thought of
Hello, just wanted to make sure because i don't have information about this but doubles are also allowed on EVO? or i misunderstood?

mkholic

Noob
Hello, just wanted to make sure because i don't have information about this but doubles are also allowed on EVO? or i misunderstood?
yep, that's what Z's based their ruleset on, silly geese didn't know they don't get to apply it to umk18838

MRIGOTBASS

yep, that's what Z's based their ruleset on, silly geese didn't know they don't get to apply it to umkView attachment 18838
Exactly, UMK3 doesnt offer “In Game” assignment to multiple buttons, mame is an “Emulator” and is a third party piece of software and not the game itself. And even if they did you forgot to underline the next sentance, which is critical as directionals are specifically excluded from that ruling.

Also see the rules from Capcom pro tour below. These type of things are clearly spelled out.

mkholic

Noob
Exactly, UMK3 doesnt offer “In Game” assignment to multiple buttons, mame is an “Emulator” and is a third party piece of software and not the game itself. And even if they did you forgot to underline the next sentance, which is critical as directionals are specifically excluded from that ruling.
mame is what we have, it can be considered the standard more so since official ports allow binding multiple actions to a single button anyway
and no, i did not forget anything, the next sentence reads "no limitations for directions except for SOCD (outlined in Rule 3)"
Also see the rules from Capcom pro tour below. These type of things are clearly spelled out.
use CPT rules if you prefer, the land of the free, remember?

MRIGOTBASS

mame is what we have, it can be considered the standard more so since official ports allow binding multiple actions to a single button anyway
and no, i did not forget anything, the next sentence reads "no limitations for directions except for SOCD (outlined in Rule 3)"

use CPT rules if you prefer, the land of the free, remember?
The config does not occur in “Game” it occurs in Emulator. Also the verbiage of the rules does not read “no limitations for directionals” you added that interpretation yourself.

And the Official Ports do not allow multiple buttons to be bound to shit. 06 didnt even have button configuration at all, and mkak clearly didnt allow it either. My suggestion if your going to start quoting things please quote them verbatim and not via your own interpretation of the rules. Quam

MRIGOTBASS

Also maybe if Kohr makes it back in 1 piece from Ukraine he can hack a new Z version that has multiple inputs available in the game itself, that way in 2023 when UMK3Z is at evo it will be compliant.

ded

Elder God
it's literally in the evo rules, i'm on the "not fair" side BUT one has to accept that it's 2022 and a lot has changed since umk was released including how games are played and thought of
Yeah, I was not referring to in-game assignments. Interesting discussion can be checked below:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fighters/comments/o8hbwn
As mentioned, I am not saying they should stop using it, just that in the offline events that were held, it most probably not be allowed. Maybe @Shock can say more about it, as he participated and organized literally dozen of those before.

mkholic

Noob
The config does not occur in “Game” it occurs in Emulator. Also the verbiage of the rules does not read “no limitations for directionals” you added that interpretation yourself.
excuse me? it basically says that not only multiple inputs for an action is allowed but for non-SOCD 1 input = 2 actions is allowed also
And the Official Ports do not allow multiple buttons to be bound to shit. 06 didnt even have button configuration at all, and mkak clearly didnt allow it either. My suggestion if your going to start quoting things please quote them verbatim and not via your own interpretation of the rules. Quam
works on mkak pc port iirc, haven't played any other

MRIGOTBASS

excuse me? it basically says
Brother no disrespect ok, but its written in plain english, i don’t need a third party interpretation or what it “basically” says lol. There is no grey area here its written in plain english more than likely by an attorney, its not open to interpretation .

You are more than welcome to make your points but if you are quoting the EVO rules it must be quoted verbatim from the rules not with any single word changed or added or omitted, as it changes the legal definition of such a clause.

mkholic

Noob
Brother no disrespect ok, but its written in plain english, i don’t need a third party interpretation or what it “basically” says lol. There is no grey area here its written in plain english more than likely by an attorney, its not open to interpretation .

You are more than welcome to make your points but if you are quoting the EVO rules it must be quoted verbatim from the rules not with any single word changed or added or omitted, as it changes the legal definition of such a clause.
"In-game assignment of multiple inputs to a single button is, of course, allowed." is clear as day, i see why you're confused though, teh lawyers could've done a better job with the rest of the text

MRIGOTBASS

"In-game assignment of multiple inputs to a single button is, of course, allowed." is clear as day, i see why you're confused though, teh lawyers could've done a better job with the rest of the text
We were discussing another subject totally and then you ping ponged to another subject to dirvert the fact you was wrong about the first shit.

Also MKAK on steam I know u tried to pull that one out cause oh Bass dont got steam and you are right, but Cousin @SANS POWER does lol

And @mkholic lol you are wrong again not only is there not in-game config for multiples there also is no in-game config for directionals lol. You literly made me drag cousin Sans out of retirement for this lol.

MRIGOTBASS

This subject has been discussed years ago, both Shock and Drew said the same shit, and whats funny is that 7 years ago whos in the argument @mkholic lol I didnt realize that we been down this path before but ur officially cut off like i said in 2015 from debating lol.

Reactions: ded

mkholic

Noob
We were discussing another subject totally and then you ping ponged to another subject to dirvert the fact you was wrong about the first shit.
it's you who went "there's next sentence that points to a different rule", so? it doesn't contradict anything i said
Also MKAK on steam I know u tried to pull that one out cause oh Bass dont got steam and you are right, but Cousin @SANS POWER does lol
dam, can't fool you, you can't remap directions but you can use both d-pad and sticks for directions on the ports, right? sorry, my memory is hazy on that too
would it make it reasonable to allow the same on mame 3rd party or not?
This subject has been discussed years ago, both Shock and Drew said the same shit, and whats funny is that 7 years ago whos in the argument @mkholic lol I didnt realize that we been down this path before but ur officially cut off like i said in 2015 from debating lol.
this i'm having trouble to make sense of so no debating will ensue, don't worry

A l i

[TAS]
Alright @MRIGOTBASS @ded @mkholic , just to end this discussion of what tournaments in USA allow or doesn't allow. Can't say anything about other games, but specifically Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 had more tournaments in Russian Community than in any other places in the world in recent years. I don't recall seeing EVO UMK3 tournament in past 2 years for example while we had more than 10 tournaments, every tournament almost having prize money of almost 1000$ and some even surpassing it 2x. Just 3 days ago our last tournament had about 780$ of total prize. Maybe its not a lot but for a game that doesn't have official worldwide tournaments and is 27 years old it is definitely very good. The region is definitely more active region for UMK than any other place in the world when it comes to competitive showmatches and tournaments.And we as a community have decided to play this way and these rules are comfortable for us. Of course fairness is still the main thing to keep intact in tournaments but theories aside, this community has experiences of what is what in tournament and all participants in tournaments of UMK here can say that no one constantly wins a tournament just because he has 1+ or 2+ more multiple inputs for single action. What matters in the end of level of skill and how one can demonstrate his maximum skill. You will not get total fairness 100% simply due to players having different connection delays, some players having better devices, some playing on Pad, some playing with Hitbox, some having shitty monitor with delay while some having good monitor with more ping. There are just so many more factors that matters more than multiple inputs in game but it is what it is. Each player uses layout comfortable for them. Question comes down to if my opponent also has the will to learn how to maximise his game purely with skill, train fingers to use more moves at the same time? Just a quick example, there is a player on fighcade from Brasil named Weeknd( Alarik) he plays at a quite high level and is using Joystick or Playstation controller basically. Now surely anyone can agree that UMK has physical advantages played on Keyboard than Joystick simply due to having better and faster access to some complex combos and inputs. But Alarik plays good enough with his joystick that he can even with some high level players with Keyboards and etc. So really what matters in this game mainly is mindgame, reflexes, mixups, combos and matchups. You can have 10+ UP button but you wont win a high level Kabal player that has1 Up button with Sheeva. So these are what matters the most and not the amount of doubles player uses to comfortably show what he is capable of. Rest of it is what kind of layout is the most comfortable for you to put out there your maximum capacity. Cheers everyone

Last edited:
Reactions: ded

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Alright @MRIGOTBASS @ded @mkholic , just to end this discussion of what tournaments in USA allow or doesn't allow. Can't say anything about other games, but specifically Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 had more tournaments in Russian Community than in any other places in the world in recent years. I don't recall seeing EVO UMK3 tournament in past 2 years for example while we had more than 10 tournaments, every tournament almost having prize money of almost 1000$ and some even surpassing it 2x. Just 3 days ago our last tournament had about 780$ of total prize. Maybe its not a lot but for a game that doesn't have official worldwide tournaments and is 27 years old it is definitely very good. The region is definitely more active region for UMK than any other place in the world when it comes to competitive showmatches and tournaments.And we as a community have decided to play this way and these rules are comfortable for us. Of course fairness is still the main thing to keep intact in tournaments but theories aside, this community has experiences of what is what in tournament and all participants in tournaments of UMK here can say that no one constantly wins a tournament just because he has 1+ or 2+ more multiple inputs for single action. What matters in the end of level of skill and how one can demonstrate his maximum skill. You will not get total fairness 100% simply due to players having different connection delays, some players having better devices, some playing on Pad, some playing with Hitbox, some having shitty monitor with delay while some having good monitor with more ping. There are just so many more factors that matters more than multiple inputs in game but it is what it is. Each player uses layout comfortable for them. Question comes down to if my opponent also has the will to learn how to maximise his game purely with skill, train fingers to use more moves at the same time? Just a quick example, there is a player on fighcade from Brasil named Weeknd( Alarik) he plays at a quite high level and is using Joystick or Playstation controller basically. Now surely anyone can agree that UMK has physical advantages played on Keyboard than Joystick simply due to having better and faster access to some complex combos and inputs. But Alarik plays good enough with his joystick that he can even with some high level players with Keyboards and etc. So really what matters in this game mainly is mindgame, reflexes, mixups, combos and matchups. You can have 10+ UP button but you wont win a high level Kabal player that has1 Up button with Sheeva. So these are what matters the most and not the amount of doubles player uses to comfortably show what he is capable of. Rest of it is what kind of layout is the most comfortable for you to put out there your maximum capacity. Cheers everyone
Whatever rules y’all want to use is entirely up to y’all. We are just throwing our opinions out there about it. Since we all love this old ass game and the community overall is small, it’s nice to hear/read the opinions of others within the community.