What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage General Discussion Thread

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
They can keep you like-6 or something so your turn is clearly over to balance it

With is buff now start up right now

And what would you want Ex buff to be?
I think now it's 40. I'm not sure about which frames would suit well, but I always think about ff liu dd1, that's the idea. That move is even 2in1 cancelable...

Fisticuffs should be able to, at least, do some blockstrings into regular fistbump and be safe, like 114 into bump, or f3 into bump.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I think now it's 40. I'm not sure about which frames would suit well, but I always think about ff liu. Fisticuffs should be able to, at least, do some blockstrings into regular fistbump and be safe, like 114 into bump, or f3 into bump.
Hmmm okay

To make where you can block any armour then Ex buff would need to be insanely fast

Because if MSK is 11 frame start up and 14 frame armour attacks best it then Ex Buff would need to be like 4 frames start up lol

Unless they do some trickery and make you cancel the block stun like cancel chars do it could work but I doubt they will

Edit:
Well actually it's also depending on what the hit recovery is before you can block and SD MSK got a hefty amount of hit recovery So start up may not be an issue if you recover quickly

I say hit recovery because if opponent armours the game registers it as a hit

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Hmmm okay

To make where you can block any armour then Ex buff would need to be insanely fast

Because if MSK is 11 frame start up and 14 frame armour attacks best it then Ex Buff would need to be like 4 frames start up lol

Unless they do some trickery and make you cancel the block stun like cancel chars do it could work but I doubt they will

Edit:
Well actually it's also depending on what the hit recovery is before you can block and SD MSK got a hefty amount of hit recovery So start up may not be an issue if you recover quickly

I say hit recovery because if opponent armours the game registers it as a hit

If they really want to fix the variation, I'm sure they can do it. Flame fist is there to prove it, and he is not op at all.

He can do some of his string into jazz hands and be safe, and also can do strings into exjazzhands and be PLUS. When I tried it some time ago I remembered things like b12~exjazzhands made a throw followup almost unavoidable.

I don't want fisti to be overbuffed, but there is a long road between FF and him.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
A-List max execution stuff is not practical. I don't think any player will be able to land all of his truly hard links everytime he tries in tournament.

Raising the execution to TAS levels of perfection is just not human, you are bound to miss some links once in a while. I can understand going for starter into skrc,j2 etc...vs big characters, but why risk it vs female hitboxes? Who is the player capable of doing 333SKRC, f24 (jail on block, combo on hit) 100% of the time in match? Who can jail f24skrc into f3 without missing the combo on hit once in a while?

We are not machines
Dude it's like you can't even read between the lines and extrapolate a summary of what I'm trying to get across.
No one is saying you will hit it 100% of the time but what I am saying is practice makes perfect- so the more your do the higher damaging combos the more consistent you will be at hitting it - NoT 100% but you raise your chances

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Dude it's like you can't even read between the lines and extrapolate a summary of what I'm trying to get across.
No one is saying you will hit it 100% of the time but what I am saying is practice makes perfect- so the more your do the higher damaging combos the more consistent you will be at hitting it - NoT 100% but you raise your chances
Maybe I was not clear. I'm just stating that there is a limit you don't want to cross when trying hard execution stuff, and that you should always find the balance between damage and consistence. Going for the hardest stuff everytime with cage is not a good idea, hope you understand my point now

What do you guys think the best button layout on a fight stick is for a-list cage? Is there a good place to put the block button since you will be doing lots of RCs?

IrishMantis

I haven't properly tested but F3SDC is -7

And 12(1) dash cancel is -8

So they can work when conditioned but still relatively punishable

But in anyway since the block timing got changed I have now found we have an OS

Really easy to do and it's gapless and leaves 0 in perfect F3 range as opposed to -8
Just dash as early as possible

Oh and about Trying to remove SDs HTBs

Nice try Pualo
Better luck next time

Last edited:

Killer Xinok

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015
I already left the cage family :(
Nice find btw. That OS will be really useful.
And is SD still alive? I've heard that msk are not +12 anymore :(

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
The OS is definetely interesting, I'll try to use it myself.

About the HTB...why does that work? Didn't NRS make sure there was a gap between the 1st and 2nd hit of ex db1?

Great findings, thanks for sharing

IrishMantis

I already left the cage family :(
Nice find btw. That OS will be really useful.
And is SD still alive? I've heard that msk are not +12 anymore :(
Nah man one does not leave the Cage family :p

Btw how you feeling on the new Metallic buzz? I think it could potentially be his best variation but be interesting to get your opinion.
The OS is definetely interesting, I'll try to use it myself.

About the HTB...why does that work? Didn't NRS make sure there was a gap between the 1st and 2nd hit of ex db1?

Great findings, thanks for sharing
its good to do after F3skrc

Yeah so did I be but Ex MRS is still like +12?

So he can still get his sweep

Good news is it for it to jail it doesn't feel 1 frame, if you want that one frame you gotta slightly delay where the opponent can armour but when you get to jail it's still fucking nightmare to block haha

Killer Xinok

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015
Nah man one does not leave the Cage family :p

Btw how you feeling on the new Metallic buzz? I think it could potentially be his best variation but be interesting to get your opinion.
I use only crystalline :p but yeah, metallic is no joke now, 14f mid and double armor gave this variation a new horizon
And I think his best variation is crystalline

Lol damn people are going to be dropping like flies soon!

I see dat tremor avatar lmao!
lol
I didn't drop cage due to the patch.
I play only tremor since I lost at EVO

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Was against a crystaline tremor in the corner. I miss ex ballpunch.
Meanwhile kitana has an armored launcher for 2 bars and an insane -3 on block on low poke.

Who would you rather be playing while in the corner?

When she had armor on throat slash I was baffled as to why. Seeing it removed was a moment of hope.

Wigy

There it is...
Meanwhile kitana has an armored launcher for 2 bars and an insane -3 on block on low poke.

Who would you rather be playing while in the corner?

When she had armor on throat slash I was baffled as to why. Seeing it removed was a moment of hope.
Wait what, she had the armour on throat slash removed? When?

Cage making me pull out my hair right now. all the double armoured safe specials make his ghetto pressure even more ghetto.

Last edited: