What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage General Discussion Thread

Dja_Homies

Kaz...... I'm already a Fiddle.
Whoa F2 skrc is godlike.

Why don't Cage players use that all the time?
Its just a stunt double habit for Me not using that cancel f24 is more godlike if you got the jailing down which is tough online pretty doable offline

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
plus if you're ready for it(f24) to hit, you can rc into d1, f3 nutpunch.
Its just a stunt double habit for Me not using that cancel f24 is more godlike if you got the jailing down which is tough online pretty doable offline
If your working on your execution or and struggle then yes f24 cancel d1 f3 nutpunch will suffice. But if your doing the cancel's right and want maximum damage but also don't want to pick up bad habbits then you should be doing f24 sk cancel into 12 f3 sk cancel 12 f3 nutpunch.

Last edited:

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
If your working on your execution or and struggle then yes f24 cancel d1 nutpunch will suffice. But if your doing the cancel's right and want maximum damage but also don't want to pick up bad habbits then you should be doing f24 sk cancel into 12 f3 sk cancel 12 f3 nutpunch.
No offense my man but the idea of using your stamina mid combo unless it's for the kill is pretty off... Use the juggle to regenerate so you have all cancels back on deck once the nut hits.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
No offense my man but the idea of using your stamina mid combo unless it's for the kill is pretty off... Use the juggle to regenerate so you have all cancels back on deck once the nut hits.
You get your stamina back by the time you've done 333 or 114 so i hear you but your concern is void.

Even if you wanted to use that argument then you can still do f24 cancel 12 f3 nut punch which does more damage or from a normal f24 (no cancel) just do 12 f3 cancel 12 f3 nut punch. You also want to be doing maximum damage every time you can - (i don't mean spend your bar unnecessarily) I mean maximum damage on BnB's and most importantly on punishes.

Last edited:

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Not making a buff thread since people seem to hate them lately...:rolleyes:

Our worst variation is in obvious need of help, help that he might receive in the next patch. Guys, discuss what changes you think he needs. Imo the following would be enough to make him competent.

1) New ex Fistbump (more chip, increases damage, and allows to combo after some strings on hit). He would have, for example, 113~exfistbump f3 nutpunch as a combo, or other variations. 113~exfistbump should be safe (besides the gap). He would finally have a way to make his low option safe as the other variations, besides exforceball, and be more threatening than it is now.

2) Speedbag: less pushback, works as a true mid, solved random whiffing issues and 9 startup, -2 on block.

3) New string f321, -6 on block, only available when fistbump is active, that allows to hitconfirm into nutpunch off f3, as A-list can do with stamina and SD with clones.

I think he doesn't need anything else. What's your opinion, Cage family?
Special mention to @Mikemetroid who also keeps fisticuffing.

kelevra

You get your stamina back by the time you've done 333 or 114 so i hear you but your concern is void.

Even if you wanted to use that argument then you can still do f24 cancel 12 f3 nut punch which does more damage or from a normal f24 (no cancel) just do 12 f3 cancel 12 f3 nut punch. You also want to be doing maximum damage every time you can - (i don't mean spend your bar unnecessarily) I mean maximum damage on BnB's and most importantly on punishes.
just took that to the lab again, and for the record you cant even cancel once after this combo post nutpunch.
like i said before, better regenerate the stamina otherwise the opponent has no reason to respect you after the restand. post np pressure is worth far more than a very tiny bit of dmg unless its for the kill.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
just took that to the lab again, and for the record you cant even cancel once after this combo post nutpunch.
like i said before, better regenerate the stamina otherwise the opponent has no reason to respect you after the restand. post np pressure is worth far more than a very tiny bit of dmg unless its for the kill.
Dragon is right.

Cage community has terrible conversion damage numbers.

No need for 21% when you can get 26% plus.

We waste so much meter as-well, absolutely no reason to use a bar to launch for 34% or whatever. It can be done meterless most the time.

Dja_Homies

Kaz...... I'm already a Fiddle.
Dragon is right.

Cage community has terrible conversion damage numbers.

No need for 21% when you can get 26% plus.

We waste so much meter as-well, absolutely no reason to use a bar to launch for 34% or whatever. It can be done meterless most the time.
Its done meterless through the chip after NP. The optimal realistic chip I was practicing.(not atm due to some priorities I haven't played) is s4 rc 333 rc 114. And yeah f24 rc 12 etc. Is the way I do my combo if the run cancel hits. For stunt double I do f24 12 12 11 f3 NP. That does 28 or f24 d1 f24 d1 f3 NP which is hard online but consistent offline to me

kelevra

The damage difference isn't worth anything if you're no threat to your opponent after the nutpunch. I'm not talking about jailing chip strings, I'm talking about making 113 safe to bait armor, 12rcf2 e.t.c. You get the point. I was never talking about maximizing damage.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
I just did it and I could cancel once after it. Your right about full stamina tho I thought it came back faster than that maybe I was thinking after 114 ex projectile. But still every little helps it's 20% vs 26% or if you don't do f24 cancel just f24 12 then do the rest it's 28% and 114 after the nutpunch is plus 2 so you can play footsies
And bait. Max chip is 6.6 114 x3

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Its done meterless through the chip after NP. The optimal realistic chip I was practicing.(not atm due to some priorities I haven't played) is s4 rc 333 rc 114. And yeah f24 rc 12 etc. Is the way I do my combo if the run cancel hits. For stunt double I do f24 12 12 11 f3 NP. That does 28 or f24 d1 f24 d1 f3 NP which is hard online but consistent offline to me
I don't count stunt double mains who play a-list now :p You lot are gods.

My point still holds true.

If we are talking the instance where cage has a full stamina bar and lands a f24 whats best damage to land after and make sure we get full chip.

Then you should be doing F2 SKRC F3 SKRC Jp2 F4 F24 12 F3xxNp.

This is 31% and full stamina before the nutpunch even hits. Then add you chip after.

A-list has so much room for more damage and we settle for day 1 shit still.

We gotta level up bros!

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
I don't count stunt double mains who play a-list now :p You lot are gods.

My point still holds true.

If we are talking the instance where cage has a full stamina bar and lands a f24 whats best damage to land after and make sure we get full chip.

Then you should be doing F2 SKRC F3 SKRC Jp2 F4 F24 12 F3xxNp.

This is 31% and full stamina before the nutpunch even hits. Then add you chip after.

A-list has so much room for more damage and we settle for day 1 shit still.

We gotta level up bros!
Couldn't have said it better myself.