What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage General Discussion Thread

For SD not enough time to do the things it did in the corner.
For FC there is time to enable the chip buff, the setups are there.

The point is, why remove an option from such a limited variation? b2 being special cancelable was not a threat in FC.
I think Mantis's suspicions are right in that they want to remove the hard to blockables (fingers crossed for Quan's bullshit to go) etc, and they want the hard knock down to be used to set up traits only, or dash in, etc.

If that's the case I'm fine with it.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I think Mantis's suspicions are right in that they want to remove the hard to blockables (fingers crossed for Quan's bullshit to go) etc, and they want the hard knock down to be used to set up traits only.
I agree, SD triggered this of course.
But is it so hard for nrs to treat a normal move a bit different in each variation? I mean, b2 in A-list works in a different way (it can be charged), so...
Why in Fisticuffs the move can't keep being special cancelable?

I wouldn't mind this option removed if FC got something useful in exchange, like a significantly buffed speedbag or fistbump, or the most desired ex fistbump. But at the moment, taking all into account (the change of frames in speedbag and fistbump is very very light), we can say he has been nerfed.

Last edited:
I agree, SD triggered this of course.
But is it so hard for nrs to treat a normal move a bit different in each variation? I mean, b2 in A-list works in a different way (it can be charged), so...
Why in Fisticuffs the move can't remain being special cancelable?
Kano has a 32 that acts differently per variation, so I don't see why not. Even before the last patch, 32 in Commando kept the opponent standing, but in Cyber and CT it knocked down.

But then we've been told before that Fisticuffs is fine. Maybe we're all just playing him wrong....

:DOGE

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I think Mantis's suspicions are right in that they want to remove the hard to blockables (fingers crossed for Quan's bullshit to go) etc, and they want the hard knock down to be used to set up traits only, or dash in, etc.

If that's the case I'm fine with it.
You're thinking too much into it. NRS didn't consider hard to blockables setups AT ALL when making this change...
They made b2 non cancellable just because as a general rule all the moves that cause a hard knockdown are not cancellable. Think about Hollywood f34, it was nerfed just like b2.

You're thinking too much into it. NRS didn't consider hard to blockables setups AT ALL when making this change...
They made b2 non cancellable just because as a general rule all the moves that cause a hard knockdown are not cancellable. Think about Hollywood f34, it was nerfed just like b2.
And if THAT'S the case, then I'm not fine with it.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
B2 is not a hard knockdown

IrishMantis

Does it just have good hit advantage?
Yes... Set AI to tech roll and you will see, the fact you where able to cancel to it made it appear as s HKD now it will just be a move with a long animation

So set the AI to tech roll and do B2 and not cancel it while holding up

Yes... Set AI to tech roll and you will see, the fact you where able to cancel to it made it appear as s HKD now it will just be a move with a long animation

So set the AI to tech roll and do B2 and not cancel it while holding up
Maybe it's been changed to a HKD now, hence the removal of the cancel window?

IrishMantis

I'm not complaining with the decision

But Johnny loses his stigma of every normal has a use as B2 is useless now, because you much better to opt 121 for more dmg and advantage now

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Yeah I know what you meant :D

But why now? Again not complaining just curious
They might change b2 now simply because they forgot about patching it in the last months. Most of the changes they do have no good reasons at all.

They buffed Quan Chi with every patch (the d1 change was hilarious), buffed Tempest, killed fisticuff after the variation placed top 8 just once, never really touched useless variations like Ancestral or High Tech etc....there is no need to look for a particular reason when NRS changes stuff

ismael4790

Okey, finally I found something good and innovative for Fisti in the beta. With Fistbump enabled, Fisticuffs gets the 17% throw :cool:
Nice idea that hope it stays in the final version. Tested many times to check it was not a bug.
Also checked speedbag's gap and it seems to still be there.

IrishMantis

Okey, finally I found something good and innovative for Fisti in the beta. With Fistbump enabled, Fisticuffs gets the 17% throw :cool:
Nice idea that hope it stays in the final version. Tested many times to check it was not a bug.
Also checked speedbag's gap and it's still there.
Is it just fistycuffs that gets the buff?

ismael4790

so are the nerfs confirmed, after all? 114 gap, d4 not low profiling? thanks.
A user told about the 114 gap in a thread but it seems it was not true.
d4 is -6 and from what I have experienced, it has more difficulties to low profile crossups or jumpins, for example. We will see what finally happens, this is just a beta.

IrishMantis

A user told about the 114 gap in a thread but it seems it was not true.
d4 is -6 and from what I have experienced, it has more difficulties to low profile crossups or jumpins, for example. We will see what finally happens, this is just a beta.
16bit confirmed everything in the beta will be official

You try SD much yet?