What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage General Discussion Thread

rafaw

#YouSuck
Today i will be testing one thing only, after a np, i will allways mix d4~f3[4]rc into string of choice/throw, and like 1 in 10 np i will do a raw f24, vs a good player they will allways block high after np, so your +22 after the d4 hits, so all they can do is block the f3 cancel or get comboed of it if they dont, after a lot of d4 they might start defending low, either way is a win/win for JC!!

Just some thoughts =)
Just a feedback:
Ive done it and its the way to go imo! Either you get a d4 into same situation of np but with an extra damage of the d4, and after lets say, 4 of those d4 they start to block low, and you mix with f24... got great success yesterday!
I was doing a lot of this after np: walk a bit foward while they are stunned, d4~f3[4]rc f24/113xxbf[4]back dash on block or np on hit, some throws here and there too, mainly ive done d4~f3[4]rc~f24, in this case they will just defend high, then you start mixing 113/11~f24. if i have meter to spend ive done d4~f3[4]rc~f24xxexforceball~d4!
And you will be surprise on the amount of times people tryed to jump/press button after your d4 just to be hited by f3[4] into full combo.

Just a breakdown of my session yesterday =D

Imo JC dont have that much of a 50/50 game, but hes almost a constant pressure upclose like he was in mk9, if not better.

still see no reason to use this character with bad normals and bad mixup when there are characters like quan chi, cassie cage, kung jin, etc

your entire mixup is nullified by mashing down 1 since notjhing actually hits mid and you dont have a low starting string that combos lol. uselessw character

Last edited:

rafaw

#YouSuck
still see no reason to use this character with bad normals and bad mixup when there are characters like quan chi, cassie cage, kung jin, etc

your entire mixup is nullified by mashing down 1 since notjhing actually hits mid and you dont have a low starting string that combos lol. uselessw character
Dont think his normals are bad, and try to d1 this strategy i posted earlier, you will get combo after combo!

rafaw

#YouSuck
Im so salty that my match vs chrisg wasnt streamed! I feel that the way I play him is exactly how cage should be played, I link the match when its up on youtube
Somebody told me to watch your games at the major! i tryed but didnt find then, i will apreciate if you link the matchs here :D

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
do kenshi's mids hit mid? then theyre not worse than johnny cages
He had zero over heads. And one low. Everything else is mid. His only two over heads come from one combo that is long and predictable and unsafe, and the other comes from a short string that is predictable and ends with a hard nock down to continue kenshis noon existant mix ups.

No, his incredibly stubby normals, some of which are bugged so that you can duck them, combines with f3 being so bad on block combined with not having a low starter makes it very hard to get in and open people who know how to block/mash d1 up

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
I'm dead serious, when someone who knows johnny puts all his tools to work you feel pretty helpless, his tools beat out like 95% of the cast, so far the only characters that make me think "this is a booty match up" is cyber kano, gm sub(but that's only because clone is broke) and maybe raiden(Thunder God)