What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage General Discussion Thread

lol. so i mean johnnys pressure is basically all built off of 11, 12, and such when you're upclose. so i was playing a long set against mileena and noticed that she was able to duck the mids in my 11 and 12, which makes johnny's pressure a hell of a lot worse. did a small amount of testing and i11 and 12 are duckable on at least mileena, dvorah, and jaqui. didnt test anyone else but its probably all the small characters. needs to be fixed immediately.

edit: wow just did a bit more testing, even on a big cahrcater like kenshi, b2 (mid) has a chance of whiffing on crouch block too. why are all his stubby little normals messed up?

this honestly makes the character pretty stupid imo..he has like no pressure options against characters that can duck

Last edited:
proposed fixes to stunt double:

clones dont disappear after an xray
clones carry over to next round
decreased cooldown by 1 or 2 seconds
make 12, 121 b2, etc all actually mids on second hit
give armor to wakeup db1 and bf4 when you have clones (i dont understand why his wakeups get limited whe he has buff on, really dumb)
more range on clone db1

probably a bunch more little buffs that would make him make more sense

Last edited:

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
proposed fixes to stunt double:

clones dont disappear after an xray
clones carry over to next round
decreased cooldown by 1 or 2 seconds
make 12, 121 b2, etc all actually mids on second hit
give armor to wakeup db1 and bf4 when you have clones (i dont understand why his wakeups get limited whe he has buff on, really dumb)
more range on clone db1

probably a bunch more little buffs that would make him make more sense
That would make him WAY to OP, I would settle for either 1. a low starting combo or 2. that his 11 string actually fucking hit something gdamn T-rex arms.

P.S. a forward advancing string would be very much appreciated. Remember F3, 2 from MK9?

he does have a forward advancing string.. f3,4

he does have a low starting string, its just telegraphed from a mile away.

pretty sure at least 11, 12 etc not hitting mid properly is not intentional and will be patched. same with the clones disappearing after xray (like bane)..thats probably also just a glitch

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
he does have a forward advancing string.. f3,4

he does have a low starting string, its just telegraphed from a mile away.

pretty sure at least 11, 12 etc not hitting mid properly is not intentional and will be patched. same with the clones disappearing after xray (like bane)..thats probably also just a glitch
F3, 4 isn't a forward advancing string IMO, now Cassies B1,2? Now that's a forward advancing string straight into a nut that has an actually jump in string reset how JC's was in MK9

I'm I missing something? What string does he have that starts out low and can end with a nut?

I feel like I was so close to Revenant Liu. I was at 24 wins when my record reset. :( I was at 24/37, now I'm 12/10.

Anyone else find it easier to combo into nut-punch by using a half-circle forward motion?

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
In fistcuffs midscreen no meter you can jip~speedbag(8 hits)~flipkick for 22% and on block only 6 punches connects and you can cancel in EXforceball that is +4 on block to continue pressure.The nice thing of this is that if you has the fist bump activate, the chip dmg of jip-speedbag(x6)-EXforceball is 16%!!
fist bump is awesome! It makes damage on block huuge!! 4% for each proyectile blocked? Lets start a zone fight!!

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
Johnny has
I feel like I was so close to Revenant Liu. I was at 24 wins when my record reset. :( I was at 24/37, now I'm 12/10.

Anyone else find it easier to combo into nut-punch by using a half-circle forward motion?
Well, a nut punch is half of a half circle, i have no idea why a full half circle would make it easier.

Johnny has

Well, a nut punch is half of a half circle, i have no idea why a full half circle would make it easier.
I'm messing up the input sometimes. My fingers want to go "down, back" instead of "back,down." The half-circle motion is kind of a long cut, but it feels natural to me.

Epy69zSmallBoys

No respect for Kung Jin
I'm messing up the input sometimes. My fingers want to go "down, back" instead of "back,down." The half-circle motion is kind of a long cut, but it feels natural to me.
I'm having some trouble on my stick with the nut, I find pads much more nut-friendly. So are you saying that for example: you input F3, back bd down df forward 3 and it's more reliable? Do you have alternate inputs on?

this character just straight needs to be fixed.

just did testing, stunt double clones have different ranges. after a crossover, if you have 2 clone stocks, 113 db1 will NOT combo. the db1 will whiff. if you have 1 stock, 113 db1 will combo on a crossover.

video shows jump in p, 113 db1 comboing on noncrossover (both clones) and it whiffing on the first clone on crossover, then comboing on the second clone.

also, not sure if its another unintentional thing or is on purpose (but stupid as all hell) if you do a clone shadow kick and your opponent is throwing a projectile, if you get hit first and the clone is in range to hit them, the clone just passes through them.

FIX THIS CHARACTER

Last edited:
yeah i realized after i posted you got the quote off before i deleted the post lol

id be fine with just them fixing the stupid shit i posted