What's new

Match-up Discussion JimmyPotato Arrow Pre "Big Patch" Match Chart

Is Potato Down Playing?

• Total voters
And won't let me edit, but not sure I can exactly put myself in that talk. Grr has played against alot more top players, as well as the other two I mentioned.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Got put into Losers by a Joker, but got my run back against him in Losers Finals, then got Bopped by the Bane player of the Century, just changed that match up to a 3-7, fuck Bane lol. Congrats to my Buddy Bi-Polar though lol

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
You've never played a real Bane player then. That or your not an Arrow main and have no idea what your talking about or thinking.......imo
... Have you been under a rock? lol.

I'm the guy who finds all the Bane tech, Polarbear can probably tell you a bit about me. I'm not the greatest, probably not top 5 (I can go even with Max in some sets but I feel Grr, Max, and Mustard are top 3 with Polarbear and Chief right behind), but I'm decent enough. All I'll say is loading ice arrows is a fool's errand against Bane and you should always be going for either electric or fire. Electric can stop a decent bit of pressure options out of Bane thanks to its speed, and it leads to short sweet BnBs that hit around 40-50% when Bane is on cooldown 3. Fire has its general uses.

Pretty much everyone has the "no wake-up" problem against Bane, but arrow has some decent tools in his arsenal with Savage Blast dipping him away from everything barring charge.

Why so Hollywood? I played Maxintensity25's Bane, and I main Arrow as well. It literally feels like you can't do anything against him because of armour. When he gets the cool off, he turtles, and leaves you in the corner. Then you're stuck.

Get knocked down? GGs, he's basically a walking 50/50

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
... Have you been under a rock? lol.

I'm the guy who finds all the Bane tech, Polarbear can probably tell you a bit about me. I'm not the greatest, probably not top 5 (I can go even with Max in some sets but I feel Grr, Max, and Mustard are top 3 with Polarbear and Chief right behind), but I'm decent enough. All I'll say is loading ice arrows is a fool's errand against Bane and you should always be going for either electric or fire. Electric can stop a decent bit of pressure options out of Bane thanks to its speed, and it leads to short sweet BnBs that hit around 40-50% when Bane is on cooldown 3. Fire has its general uses.

Pretty much everyone has the "no wake-up" problem against Bane, but arrow has some decent tools in his arsenal with Savage Blast dipping him away from everything barring charge.

Yes Arrow can play some keep away, the problem is after they buffed his dash you can't keep him out, and he just needs one knockdown man, it's just the way it is, ..... just like that song. and yes I know who you are man, and I do respect your opinion, and I like your posts aswell

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yes Arrow can play some keep away, the problem is after they buffed his dash you can't keep him out, and he just needs one knockdown man, it's just the way it is, ..... just like that song. and yes I know who you are man, and I do respect your opinion, and I like your posts aswell
That's how it usually goes. Even still, I find arrow to be an even fight personally. Even when we can dash our way into your face, you still have the ability to pop a few shots in and back your way out. Once you hit the corner, yeah its toasty, but your (MB) b.3 has pretty decent reach and its something the Bane player has to usually respect (barring level 3).

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
That's how it usually goes. Even still, I find arrow to be an even fight personally. Even when we can dash our way into your face, you still have the ability to pop a few shots in and back your way out. Once you hit the corner, yeah its toasty, but your (MB) b.3 has pretty decent reach and its something the Bane player has to usually respect (barring level 3).

it's really hard to back out and actually get space though, because of the Reach Bane has on some of shit shit. Honestly, I don't mind being wrong, but fuck. that match up it insane and I studied it, and worked on it before today. and Bane seems to just eat Arrow up, cause I can make reads and react to shit but I just get bopped, could just be me though. but fuck lol. Running away is not easy against him, and even doing it with a life lead is hard, because Bane gets hella damage to catch up. Arrow cant catch up, ever. either way,

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
it's really hard to back out and actually get space though, because of the Reach Bane has on some of shit shit. Honestly, I don't mind being wrong, but fuck. that match up it insane and I studied it, and worked on it before today. and Bane seems to just eat Arrow up, cause I can make reads and react to shit but I just get bopped, could just be me though. but fuck lol. Running away is not easy against him, and even doing it with a life lead is hard, because Bane gets hella damage to catch up. Arrow cant catch up, ever. either way,
It may seem that way, yeah if you don't know exactly how to fight him you'll get tossed like a salad. However, that's the game you have to play. You have to make more correct guesses than he does, which means you have to mix up your answers pretty often. I know that the mix between Savage Blast and Mb b.3 on wake-up is pretty dang effective because against Savage blast, our only real option is charge, and Mb b.3 prevents that idea and many others. You can't fight against him like any other character, but all the same he only has increments of pressure and you can usually shut it out using some good plays and a bit of prediction.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
It may seem that way, yeah if you don't know exactly how to fight him you'll get tossed like a salad. However, that's the game you have to play. You have to make more correct guesses than he does, which means you have to mix up your answers pretty often. I know that the mix between Savage Blast and Mb b.3 on wake-up is pretty dang effective because against Savage blast, our only real option is charge, and Mb b.3 prevents that idea and many others. You can't fight against him like any other character, but all the same he only has increments of pressure and you can usually shut it out using some good plays and a bit of prediction.

Having to make more correct guesses then the other guy makes it a disadvantage match up, because match up numbers arent based on guesses

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Having to make more correct guesses then the other guy makes it a disadvantage match up, because match up numbers arent based on guesses
To be fair, Bane has to make more correct guesses too. Its all about who is the most wrong when you are fighting him.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
To be fair, Bane has to make more correct guesses too. Its all about who is the most wrong when you are fighting him.
to be fair no he doesn't cause when i guess right, I get less then 30%, and that if I have an ice arrow loaded, and when he guess right he hits me for 45+ hard knockdown. so, yah