What's new

Match-up Discussion JimmyPotato Arrow Pre "Big Patch" Match Chart

Is Potato Down Playing?

• Total voters

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Im really wondering how Green Arrow is gonna get affected after everyone else gets their change lists. I'm already looking at Lobo's listings for "improved viability on wakeup for Hook Charge" and his"improved range on gun" and his "2 hits armor on mb hook charge" and it leaves me wondering on our midscreen game and wakeup pressure.

Im just curious if the way everyone else gets balanced will inadvertently start forcing us to struggle. Works both ways though...we may finally get a buff. I doubt it, but you never know.

Boon has my attention to say the least.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Im really wondering how Green Arrow is gonna get affected after everyone else gets their change lists. I'm already looking at Lobo's listings for "improved viability on wakeup for Hook Charge" and his"improved range on gun" and his "2 hits armor on mb hook charge" and it leaves me wondering on our midscreen game and wakeup pressure.

Im just curious if the way everyone else gets balanced will inadvertently start forcing us to struggle. Works both ways though...we may finally get a buff. I doubt it, but you never know.

Boon has my attention to say the least.

If Arrow gets nothing, he will fall. Mid tier currently, does well verses half the cast, not bad vs the rest and a couple bad match ups. I patiently await the patch.

ando1184

Noob
My secondary is shazam but I'm praying they will share the love with GA since he's such a fun character. He's strong and can compete yes, but he still needs a nice push in the right direction.

shaowebb

My secondary is shazam but I'm praying they will share the love with GA since he's such a fun character. He's strong and can compete yes, but he still needs a nice push in the right direction.
He has damage issues and needs either corner or resets to get mileage in a match. If they buff other folks it could hurt him...especially if they start giving out armor. Perhaps just a slight increase to damage on strings or normal arrow if they buff others into a scenario of lowering Green Arrow's viability? Make Stinger less unsafe?

I dunno...I can't really even make guesses until the patch list is up.

Speaking of Stinger its like -25 on block. If it suddenly got less unsafe and was only negative by single digits how do you all feel it would change Green Arrow?

ando1184

Noob
He has damage issues and needs either corner or resets to get mileage in a match. If they buff other folks it could hurt him...especially if they start giving out armor. Perhaps just a slight increase to damage on strings or normal arrow if they buff others into a scenario of lowering Green Arrow's viability? Make Stinger less unsafe?

Exactly, it sucks that the only buff we can guess at is the hitbox issue on low arrow. I just hope Arrow's not plastered with that and just another nerf as NRS thinks they've given us a pat on the back and that's all....

shaowebb

Exactly, it sucks that the only buff we can guess at is the hitbox issue on low arrow. I just hope Arrow's not plastered with that and just another nerf as NRS thinks they've given us a pat on the back and that's all....
About how much safer would you put Stinger on block to keep Green Arrow scary if that got touched? -3? -5? If they did tweak that approach option for him to make them guess high low it'd be cool, but if it was neutral or something he'd be a bit much IMO. It'd be easy to get corner infinites accidently off the move if it improved a lot as it juggle states in corners. If they got rid of the juggle state though in the corner they could probably make it safer easily enough.

ando1184

Noob
Speaking of Stinger its like -25 on block. If it suddenly got less unsafe and was only negative by single digits how do you all feel it would change Green Arrow?
If stinger got less unsafe it might be used more outside of combos. I would really like that, especially since I've started incorporating it into my game now. It's mainly an evasive and mobility tool in my game though. I haven't done too much testing with it yet, can stinger go under projectiles? What kind of buff would fit stinger anyway?

shaowebb

If stinger got less unsafe it might be used more outside of combos. I would really like that, especially since I've started incorporating it into my game now. It's mainly an evasive and mobility tool in my game though. I haven't done too much testing with it yet, can stinger go under projectiles? What kind of buff would fit stinger anyway?
It goes under some yes. Its just with Green Arrow's frame data if he gets safe on that move he would gain frame traps easily. In the corner if you point blank it after certain strings in a combo it puts them in a juggle-able state. Generally it's something I use to run, as a midscreen combo ender that I MB to push corner, or as a way to mix it up with F2d13 to add a low in the corner during my pressure.

Getting rid of its juggle if they buffed its frames wouldn't really solve its potential to frame trap infinite but it'd at least keep me from using it in F2d13 block strings as it'd only result in knockdown and me facing wakeups which on certain folks isn't good.

This is why that move is tricky...I'd like it to be good, but I've seen Frost and we got some good frames already. Especially mixing in ice arrow and regular arrow. I'd enjoy having Stinger as a safe-ish approach option but at the same time I could see it becoming really disgustingly abusable.

I dont know how to buff this guy...maybe thats the same issue NRS has with him and why he never got anything.

ando1184

Noob
It goes under some yes. Its just with Green Arrow's frame data if he gets safe on that move he would gain frame traps easily. In the corner if you point blank it after certain strings in a combo it puts them in a juggle-able state. Generally it's something I use to run, as a midscreen combo ender that I MB to push corner, or as a way to mix it up with F2d13 to add a low in the corner during my pressure.

Getting rid of its juggle if they buffed its frames wouldn't really solve its potential to frame trap infinite but it'd at least keep me from using it in F2d13 block strings as it'd only result in knockdown and me facing wakeups which on certain folks isn't good.

This is why that move is tricky...I'd like it to be good, but I've seen Frost and we got some good frames already. Especially mixing in ice arrow and regular arrow. I'd enjoy having Stinger as a safe-ish approach option but at the same time I could see it becoming really disgustingly abusable.

I dont know how to buff this guy...maybe thats the same issue NRS has with him and why he never got anything.
Well I think it being safe on block wouldn't hurt as long as its not +, and we don't get a combo on hit like KF mid screen. I like the combo potential in the corner though and this move really helps avoid air lasers in the SM MU.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
He is 6-4 against Doomsday, his favor.

He is also possibly 6-4 against Ares, his favor.

See, this guys knows lol.

If they keep giving out Armor as buffs then they better make Hurricane Bow safe as fuck so we have a legit Armor break option on read or reaction, otherwise Arrow will be dead in the water. Special if they are giving shit 2 hits of Armor, I know we have to wait and see, just judging on the Lobo buffs and MK patching in general lol.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Jimmypotato Damage huh? You mean like how GA builds a shit ton of meter and does super resets all the time?
He can NOT do 80% with 1 bar.
How does GA build tons of meter? Sure he can build some meter with savage blast spamming, but yea, good job on backing yourself in to the corner! As Jimmy said.. GA get's super once a match, and you don't want to use it in round 1 (Since the opponent most likely has too little life for it to be worth it) in round 2 you loose a lot of damage from your super combo because people can clash post super combos and now GA has no meter for a clash of his own.

shaowebb

Well crisis averted on Shazam getting any kind of decent buff to lower our tier performance. I dont have a clue how that changes his problems. Guess we'll just have to see how everyone else turns out. The Bane guys all pretty well agree though that we dont have a ton of options vs him. Hurricane bow is our best option entirely, but it seems electric arrow may work out better for us to maximize damage during his debuff from what one said. I'll have to lab that out to see if its actually worth not having ice or not. Honestly it sounds about even either way to me.

So far so good...though I am sad about Shazam not really getting much to help his poor normals.

ando1184

Noob
Well crisis averted on Shazam getting any kind of decent buff to lower our tier performance. I dont have a clue how that changes his problems. Guess we'll just have to see how everyone else turns out. The Bane guys all pretty well agree though that we dont have a ton of options vs him. Hurricane bow is our best option entirely, but it seems electric arrow may work out better for us to maximize damage during his debuff from what one said. I'll have to lab that out to see if its actually worth not having ice or not. Honestly it sounds about even either way to me.

So far so good...though I am sad about Shazam not really getting much to help his poor normals.

Don't cut shazam short yet, NRS might be saving his juicy fixes for the real patch notes

HarmTheHomeless

How2GetAnSTD
Coming from a big dick green arrow player i'mma fix this to what i believe is right
Aquaman 4-6
Ares 5-5
Bane 6-4
Batgirl 5-5
Batman 5-5
Black Adam 4-6
Catwoman 6-4
Cyborg 5-5
Deathstroke 5-5
Doomsday 5-5
Flash 6-4
GreenLantern 4-6
HarleyQuinn 5-5
HawkGirl 5-5
Joker 6-4
KillerFrost 6-4
LexLuthor 4-6
Lobo 6-4
MartianMan 4-6
DiscoDick 5-5
Raven 5-5
Scorpion 6-4
Shazam 6-4
Sinestro 4-6
Grundy 5-5
Superman 3-7
WWoman 4-6
Zatanna 6-4
Zod 5-5

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
Pre Big Patch Aug 29th- Follow up post below.

Aquaman 3-7
Ares 5-5
Bane 4-6
Batgirl 4-6
Batman 3-7
Black Adam 3-7
Catwoman 6-4
Cyborg 5-5
Deathstroke 5-5
Doomsday 5-5
Flash 5-5
GreenLantern 4-6
HarleyQuinn 4-6
HawkGirl 5-5
Joker 6-4
KillerFrost 4-6
LexLuthor 3-7
Lobo 6-4
MartianMan 4-6
NightDick 4-6
Raven 4-6
Scorpion 5-5
Shazam 6-4
Sinestro 4-6
Grundy 4-6
Superman 3-7
WWoman 4-6
Zatanna 6-4
Zod 4-6

Shitty Match ups - 5 (3-7)
Kinda Shitty - 12 (4-6)
Even - 7 (5-5)
Advantage - 5 (6-4)

Lex match-up is 6-4 lex. At the least. Proper use of his trait completely destroys GA. Sorry if this has been said in the thread, I did not have time to read it all.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Lantern 5-5. Discuss.
If there were no Intractables or different stages definitely.

I used to think this was 6-4 Arrow to tell you the truth. Then I took an intractable to the knee.

Changing this to 5-5 in honor of your win over DJT.