What's new

Match-up Discussion JimmyPotato Arrow Pre "Big Patch" Match Chart

Is Potato Down Playing?

• Total voters
Honestly I'd go 6-4 Bane. . Just feel like he can shut him down insanely, and even on venom debuff you're only doing what most other characters combo damage without debuff does. Wake up game is basically eliminated, and you're the one character who has much more t-rex normals then we do. Of course he can get his dirt, but he's gotta work hard. It isn't enough for a 3-7 like that, but there's an obvious advantage in the MU.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Honestly I'd go 6-4 Bane. . Just feel like he can shut him down insanely, and even on venom debuff you're only doing what most other characters combo damage without debuff does. Wake up game is basically eliminated, and you're the one character who has much more t-rex normals then we do. Of course he can get his dirt, but he's gotta work hard. It isn't enough for a 3-7 like that, but there's an obvious advantage in the MU.
The not being able to wake up at all was a real eye opener for me, I put it as 5-5 until we could run it again this weekend.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
why would i just do a b1? i would do b1 mb dark energy or b1 d4 or just do b13. why would i teleport to get in if i want to zone you? are you going to stand block that on reaction?
lol you said that you would space me with b1, but yah once I got in that range I'm either gonna jump you with my helly good J3 or expect you to do B1 because you obviously won't have any other viable options unless you decide to teleport which I will blow up.

Ares Zoning is not that good, its really good against people online who stand block all the fire balls you throw at them, but I'm not that guy. 5-5 is a solid number for this match up, might even be generous on my part, but I know Ares has some nasty unblockable shiz, but I also don't need Meter for anything else but Super in this match, so Ares is gonna eat it at some point. and you need it to burn on MB fireballs if you plan to try catch me duck blocking a fire ball. And once Arrow gets the Low Arrow buff, this will go in his favor, I would prepare now.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Dude, you can't spam arrows at him in either stance your gonna eat wingdings in Escrima as well. It might work for a hit or 2 but you are not gonna keep him out or do enough damage to change the tide.

Maybe if they are like 5-10% from death, but like with a 20% life lead mid match with the damage and options NW had, I would be looking for other options.

I want to play these night wings that you play that just walk into your arrows or sit there and block.
Dude, you said yourself that in Escrima stance you think the MU is 5-5. You're not listening to what I'm saying, you're not trying to keep him locked down with 2% arrows, you're getting him out of SS. He can't trade arrow for ground pound, the next arrow catches him before he can get it off so he had to go in Escrima stance which is fair game, that's what you want.

ando1184

Noob
Sry guys earlier, I put out some wrong info, I stated that DDs trait disappears if he MBs a move but the guy I was playing explained to me that's incorrect. Turns out his trait just kept running out as he did MB venom every time. Just wanted to give ya a heads up and sorry again guys.

any reason why green arrow is 4-6 to zod? his dash gets him in easily from others and causes trait attacks to whiff on him while hes dashing

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
YES! My quest to be the only GA on TYM is getting closer. But in all seriousness, I agree with this list except for three. I think Deathstroke is 4-6, Batgirl is 5-5, and Bane is 6-4. Any thoughts?

After playing the Bane match-up more extensively, I change my mind. I actually think that could be 4-6.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Dude, you said yourself that in Escrima stance you think the MU is 5-5. You're not listening to what I'm saying, you're not trying to keep him locked down with 2% arrows, you're getting him out of SS. He can't trade arrow for ground pound, the next arrow catches him before he can get it off so he had to go in Escrima stance which is fair game, that's what you want.

Yes I agree with the strategy, but look at what you are saying, you are basically admitting that it is 4-6 as well. It is a disatvantage match up for Arrow because of the Staff stance. You will never keep him out of it forever, there for by just having the Staff stance and all the tools in it, the advantage goes to NW. If he didn't have Staff at all it would be 5-5. you can not eliminate staff in that match up. thats what I'm saying.

After playing the Bane match-up more extensively, I change my mind. I actually think that could be 4-6.

Like I said before and in private with some people, I think it is 4-6, but I didn't wanna get blown up about this one until one more offline sesh with BiPolar. Honeslty man, you can't even wake up, lol. it's a tough one. but 4-6 aint horrible.

any reason why green arrow is 4-6 to zod? his dash gets him in easily from others and causes trait attacks to whiff on him while hes dashing

Yes, reasons include. Damage, ZodBalls controlling the screen better then arrows, Air control. Even though you can dash to get away from trait you are going right into Zod, and you are doing it fast, Zod wants this and has set ups for it, shit he can even just side are that ass. Trait Grab can grab you outta Jump 3 mid air, that shit is fucked up lol. Honeslty with the Zod Air dash thing, the more I think about it, it might be worse then 4-6, I'll have to play Jailhouse some more and maybe get some games in with Pig. But I def stand by 4-6 at present time. DLC characters are still being explored as well, these numbers may change.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier

I watched those matches, I'm glad you see what I was talking about now, you literally cannot go on the offensive until he is in Debuff, and if they know how to block your shit, well debuff doesnt last that long anymore and then your eating armored venom bullshit all day again. Tough match for sure. Banes a beast.

ando1184

Noob
I watched your matches VS. Jeremiah and his Bane and DD. One thing I noticed is you really didn't try zoning at all. You only used ice arrow for the most part and could have been using fire or elect arrows full screen for some breathing room. Yes Bane can bf1 you must bait it. That way you can counter it by "neutral" jumping and pressing a well timed 3 or in air useless arrow. When you went in for pressure you didn't mix up queens gambit enough, you always finished the string and then drew arrow. Use b2 and queens gambit as a mix up tool for pressure, try f2, 4u,d4 or f2d1, 4u, dash cancel throw, etc... In the corner, if your opponent is constantly jumping the don't be afraid to Wakeup dash, MB b/f3, or slide. You savaged blasts in the corner a couple of times and that just about always gets stuffed by jump ins. If bane is trying to footsy you to hell, be patient and block, when he's in range do d1, savage blasts instead of d1, arrow. That gives you some breathing room at least. For DD, when he goes into trait savage blast, savage blast, savage blast, it stops his advancing perfectly. I hope this stuff helps you man because yes the DD MU is a bit tougher but I think bane is a 5-5 at the worst.

RM Truth

I watched your matches VS. Jeremiah and his Bane and DD. One thing I noticed is you really didn't try zoning at all. You only used ice arrow for the most part and could have been using fire or elect arrows full screen for some breathing room. Yes Bane can bf1 you must bait it. That way you can counter it by "neutral" jumping and pressing a well timed 3 or in air useless arrow. When you went in for pressure you didn't mix up queens gambit enough, you always finished the string and then drew arrow. Use b2 and queens gambit as a mix up tool for pressure, try f2, 4u,d4 or f2d1, 4u, dash cancel throw, etc... In the corner, if your opponent is constantly jumping the don't be afraid to Wakeup dash, MB b/f3, or slide. You savaged blasts in the corner a couple of times and that just about always gets stuffed by jump ins. If bane is trying to footsy you to hell, be patient and block, when he's in range do d1, savage blasts instead of d1, arrow. That gives you some breathing room at least. For DD, when he goes into trait savage blast, savage blast, savage blast, it stops his advancing perfectly. I hope this stuff helps you man because yes the DD MU is a bit tougher but I think bane is a 5-5 at the worst.

Yeah. I was doing well against hi Bane off stream, and took several games, but then he started adapting to me, and blowing me up on the knockdown game, so it got me scared to be near him. I was trying fire arrow off stream, but it wasn't deterring him that much. I then played a bunch of sets against @Maxintensity25's Bane, and got blown up in that match-up too. At that point, I just decided to use Batman for the match-up, which if you saw it, yielded me much more results. One thing I noticed is that I wasn't taking advantage of debuff time against him, so I'll have to remember that for next time.

RM Truth

Also, I was trying to do overhead arrows, but for some reason it wasn't coming out for me, which is why you saw a few random jumping straight arrow.

ando1184

Noob
Ye
Also, I was trying to do overhead arrows, but for some reason it wasn't coming out for me, which is why you saw a few random jumping straight arrow.
Yeh, I saw that a couple of times. You also did f2 and it would hit but you didn't follow through. Patience is key for this matchup man. Fire arrows really help but if u do freeze n do his bnb, after b3, do b1,3 load fire arrows instead. It knocks em full screen and does the same DMG as 2,2,3

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Yeah. I was doing well against hi Bane off stream, and took several games, but then he started adapting to me, and blowing me up on the knockdown game, so it got me scared to be near him. I was trying fire arrow off stream, but it wasn't deterring him that much. I then played a bunch of sets against @Maxintensity25's Bane, and got blown up in that match-up too. At that point, I just decided to use Batman for the match-up, which if you saw it, yielded me much more results. One thing I noticed is that I wasn't taking advantage of debuff time against him, so I'll have to remember that for next time.

thats what it is, you can keep him out for a bit, but if you get knocked down, you are fucked. and what I saw on stream was not even all the nasty Bane can be, Play BiPolarExpress on XBL if you can, I plaed him offline the other week, unbelievable bane, Venom control like I've never seen, very fun matches, but showed me alot.

ando1184

Noob
thats what it is, you can keep him out for a bit, but if you get knocked down, you are fucked. and what I saw on stream was not even all the nasty Bane can be, Play BiPolarExpress on XBL if you can, I plaed him offline the other week, unbelievable bane, Venom control like I've never seen, very fun matches, but showed me alot.
Can you get some footage of your GA vs this guys Bane?

We're playing in a tournament tomorrow, but we'll try and get some. It's not even close to some of our lopsided matchups, but I do feel it's advantage us. Jw have any footage of your arrow against one either? curious to see how others play the matchup.

RM Truth

No Xbox so that's a no go.

BiPolarExxpress
Who do you think is better between you and Maxintensity, because a lot of ppl are saying he is top 3 with Bane.

No Xbox so that's a no go.

BiPolarExxpress
Who do you think is better between you and Maxintensity, because a lot of ppl are saying he is top 3 with Bane.
Lol i've had sets with good players, but I can't exactly put myself into top 3 until I've actually shown something, ideally at Canada Cup. Max has a amazing bane though, and mustard is still the top one in my eyes. No offense to max whatsoever.

RM Truth

Ye

Yeh, I saw that a couple of times. You also did f2 and it would hit but you didn't follow through. Patience is key for this matchup man. Fire arrows really help but if u do freeze n do his bnb, after b3, do b1,3 load fire arrows instead. It knocks em full screen and does the same DMG as 2,2,3

That was probably just input error. I'll remember b1,3 for next time.