What's new

General/Other - Jason Voorhees Jason Voorhees General Discussion Thread

E

Eldriken

Jason's shoulder is...weird. Have any of you noticed that it doesn't go max distance on whiff? I mean, if you use it and the opponent jumps over you, you almost stop right under them, even if you only traveled like 20% of its total distance.

I'm sure most of you have seen how far it travels; it's damn near FULL SCREEN. It seems to have some "tracking" properties of some sort. Someone a bit further up in the thread even showcased this with a gif that showed it auto-correct itself after having already been midway through its animation. This could be a pro, but it could also be a con.

I've been fucked over more than once using EX shoulder to get out of the corner via an armored wakeup, only to find my opponent has jumped over me and I didn't get as far out of the corner as I wanted to because I stopped right under them.

Anyone else have anything similar happen to them?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Jason's shoulder is...weird. Have any of you noticed that it doesn't go max distance on whiff? I mean, if you use it and the opponent jumps over you, you almost stop right under them, even if you only traveled like 20% of its total distance.

I'm sure most of you have seen how far it travels; it's damn near FULL SCREEN. It seems to have some "tracking" properties of some sort. Someone a bit further up in the thread even showcased this with a gif that showed it auto-correct itself after having already been midway through its animation. This could be a pro, but it could also be a con.

I've been fucked over more than once using EX shoulder to get out of the corner via an armored wakeup, only to find my opponent has jumped over me and I didn't get as far out of the corner as I wanted to because I stopped right under them.

Yeah, it happened to me earlier. The animation was almost over, opponent jumped over me, then Jason reverses his momentum as if the screen flipped. Pretty weird honestly, lol.

Immortal Reaver

Team Sub-Zero

Yeah, I've had it happen. It's a decent way to punish someone's teleport if they use Relentless Jason. You'll autocorrect and hit them with your shoulder. I was hoping this would apply to Scorpion's teleport also, but the autocorrect doesn't help with his.

Really wants to like MKX

I don't think anyone saw my post but it's definitely strange: http://www.gfycat.com/ImpoliteUnsungKillerwhale

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
It's actually super easy once you get the hang of it, just do b122 and run immediately for only like a millisecond into b122, 111. I can do it consistently now no problem
Ok you were right.... It's actually super easy lol.

Yeah, I've had it happen. It's a decent way to punish someone's teleport if they use Relentless Jason. You'll autocorrect and hit them with your shoulder. I was hoping this would apply to Scorpion's teleport also, but the autocorrect doesn't help with his.
It does I used it earlier on someone wake up and it was clear on the other side but corrected itself anyways

When playing in unstoppable does the game count the health being regenerated from corpse walk as apart of the resurrection health or is it tacked on as extra?

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
I´ve been playing for hours with my friends using Relentless and Unstoppable but it´s a little bit frustrating how bad are his strings. Most of them are high and you can´t tick throw some of them (for example F2) because of hits high and whiffes with ducking opponents. Also ,the reach is :confused::confused: .
In unstoppable the resurrection i think you should have the posibility of choosing to do it or not, because sometimes when your opp. has huge advantage of life is worthless loosing ALL your meter for the next round.
In relentless the teleport is shit slow ,and the pursuit takes a month to get activated

In the other way, when I pick Slasher ALL become viable: great proyectile,nice strings and if your opp. begins to respect your attacks, you can activate the armor buff. In the other two, if your opponent is aggresive,your buffs are nearly imposible to use.
I mean,I love the variations without the machete, but the more I use them in matches, the more I think slasher is waaay better.
It´s just my opinion/experience :)

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
I mean,I love the variations without the machete, but the more I use them in matches, the more I think slasher is waaay better.
It´s just my opinion/experience
Because technically it is the best variation. Especially if you are more of a rushdown type player. Slasher has bigger range with the matchete, greater combos and most importantly 50/50 mixups. Overall Im sure Slasher is going to be my main variation for Jason.

Vagrant

Noob
Observations from 2 days of playing Jason.

Mainly been using Slasher. Don't have a solid gameplan with the other two yet.

In slasher you lose the grabs and the range of b1 but you gain some huge tools in return.

Mid hitting projectile that does 2% chip.
Retarded range on your jump punches and njp.
An unsafe low/oh string that launches for like 40.
EX machete walk. Which is only -5 with push back. I doubt even cassie can punish with a buffered cartwheel reversal.

So you zone.
Then they either try to bulldog in or they start taking risks. Like teleports or armor or jumping or yelling at you through their microphones. The great thing about it is. If you catch them taking risks. You punish like a fucking freight train whether you have meter or not.

About those air normals. Off of a jump in you can go for his overheads, or his lows ,or throw, or maybe you just want to throw out some mids and hitconfirm if they didn't block. Whatever. You get good stuff off of your jump ins.

Your neutral game isn't that bad even though you lose the ranged b1. Mainly because you can just cancel shit into EX machete and build meter and do chip. And because they have to account for your zoning game and your jump attacks.

I haven't really messed with alot of his stuff that starts with a high.

His armor gimmick is interesting. I feel like it will be most useful towards the end of a round when you need one more chunk to end it. You get the advantage of the armor to land that hit and if you land it you won't be worrying about the debuff because the round/match will be over. But who knows. I'm theory crafting.

Anyways I'll mess with him more this weekend. Happy hunting.

E

Eldriken

Observations from 2 days of playing Jason.

Mainly been using Slasher. Don't have a solid gameplan with the other two yet.

In slasher you lose the grabs and the range of b1 but you gain some huge tools in return.

Mid hitting projectile that does 2% chip.
Retarded range on your jump punches and njp.
An unsafe low/oh string that launches for like 40.
EX machete walk. Which is only -5 with push back. I doubt even cassie can punish with a buffered cartwheel reversal.

So you zone.
Then they either try to bulldog in or they start taking risks. Like teleports or armor or jumping or yelling at you through their microphones. The great thing about it is. If you catch them taking risks. You punish like a fucking freight train whether you have meter or not.

About those air normals. Off of a jump in you can go for his overheads, or his lows ,or throw, or maybe you just want to throw out some mids and hitconfirm if they didn't block. Whatever. You get good stuff off of your jump ins.

Your neutral game isn't that bad even though you lose the ranged b1. Mainly because you can just cancel shit into EX machete and build meter and do chip. And because they have to account for your zoning game and your jump attacks.

I haven't really messed with alot of his stuff that starts with a high.

His armor gimmick is interesting. I feel like it will be most useful towards the end of a round when you need one more chunk to end it. You get the advantage of the armor to land that hit and if you land it you won't be worrying about the debuff because the round/match will be over. But who knows. I'm theory crafting.

Anyways I'll mess with him more this weekend. Happy hunting.
The recovery on Machete Toss pains me on the inside. :( But it being armored when you EX it is lulz. An armored projectile, lolllll.

Vagrant

Noob
The recovery on Machete Toss pains me on the inside. :( But it being armored when you EX it is lulz. An armored projectile, lolllll.
I think the recovery is ok. They have to hold it anyways unless they jump since it's a mid. And if I know you're going to try to jump machetes I should take advantage of it. I bet some fast advancing armor moves will be a bigger threat.

Death By Nines

Catharsis
The more I play, the less I like Slashers bf3 as a reversal. The fact that it hits high means I've had people just duck under it and punish. For some reason the clothesline in Unstoppable/Relentless seems to have a bigger hotbox on it, or maybe that's just me.

Sticking to bf2 for reversals for now.

The more I play, the less I like Slashers bf3 as a reversal. The fact that it hits high means I've had people just duck under it and punish. For some reason the clothesline in Unstoppable/Relentless seems to have a bigger hotbox on it, or maybe that's just me.

Sticking to bf2 for reversals for now.
BF2 is safer anyways and still armors up

E

Eldriken

Jason's auto correct Temple Punch. Also works the same with his Shoulder Charge lol it looks funny in action and even funnier when people rage about it.
That shit's gonna get fixed, LOL.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
here are Relentless teleport setups (safe on block):

Nice find.
I was thinking today in doing this stuff.
The regular teleport doing at long distance is a bad idea,easy punishable, but if you cancel the strings into it,and you find an opponent who likes to touch buttons , his attacks will whiff during teleport animation so its free punish combo for you. More than a teleport is ....a dissapearing move :p