What's new

General/Other - Jason Voorhees Jason Voorhees General Discussion Thread

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
BnB with Relentless: B122, run, B122, 111, DF1 (Does roughly 27%, not next to the game at the moment to confirm). For the run after the first B122 you need to run for essentially what amounts to less than a second, so that the last hit of the second B122 hits when they're above Jason's head. A few minutes in Training mode and it becomes pretty easy.

The commands grabs are all well and good, but you need to make sure your opponent is trained to block before they become truly terrifying. B12 is fast enough at midscreen to catch people unaware and when they start to respect that option you can start grabbing. I personally only go for DBF2 cos the other one whiffs so much it became frustrating.

As for Pursuit, yes I believe it is important. How often you activate it depends on your opponent, however. Like I said earlier, against characters that can zip across the screen with a long reaching special like a slide or Electric Fly, you'll have to respect their option to quickly get across the screen to stop your activation.
Thanks for the BnB, I knew I could connect a 1 after b122 but I didn't know I could get a b1. I'l ltry it, thanks!

So you need to understand how to condition your opponent to really abuse the command grabs. Unless you use it as tick-throw punisher, if you get what I mean.

There's got to be a safe way to activate pursuit. What about f2? it's like +36 on hit; slow on statup but it's something. The game doesn't tell us what pursuit is on statup - it says 1 but that's BS lol. I'll test in a minute and edit with an update.

Edit: Jason has NO safe ways of activating pursuit and the enhanced version doesn't make a difference. It's because he does the pointing gesture at the end and you can't do anything.

Last edited:

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I don't know man, with unstoppable you lose all your meter at the end of each round, you lose the counter-zoning teleport. The heal isn't that good you only get 5% back each use (I suppose it could be good if you end all of your combos with heal). In Relentless you get the teleport and the pusuit which is a very handy tool to mess with your opponent.
Relentless is likely the most useful for opening up folks. Unstoppable to me is more about trying to keep Jason in his buffed state for the damage more than just fishing for heals. One conversion equates to most of the match if you got the buff in that form. I still mainly use relentless though. Just too good.

Scott The Scot

Relentless is likely the most useful for opening up folks. Unstoppable to me is more about trying to keep Jason in his buffed state for the damage more than just fishing for heals. One conversion equates to most of the match if you got the buff in that form. I still mainly use relentless though. Just too good.
How good is the damage buff? Does it apply to chip damage as well?

How good is the damage buff? Does it apply to chip damage as well?
Your bnb goes up from 27% to 35% off of b1. Granted thats if you get a hit soon after activating but you get the idea.
Say you land a b122 bring them to the corner and end with 111~dd3 (21ish%)
a) they roll and try to punish you can block and go for a huge combo depending on punish
b) they stay down and you can bait reversals,11.97% overhead, f44~df1 (31%), throw (20%), command grab (17-19%), or on certain chars meaty b12.

You really get to play mind games when you put them in the corner with damage buff on, but there is a risk to it. To add to this because of the damage buff you'll probably find yourself using meter a lot less, either because you'd buff instead or because buff makes meter not add much. That said you still have to be very patient in unstoppable.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Relentless is so good for staying on top of people, there's no such thing as personal space with Relentless rofl.

zoofs

bless
There's got to be a safe way to activate pursuit. What about f2? it's like +36 on hit; slow on statup but it's something. The game doesn't tell us what pursuit is on statup - it says 1 but that's BS lol. I'll test in a minute and edit with an update.

Edit: Jason has NO safe ways of activating pursuit and the enhanced version doesn't make a difference. It's because he does the pointing gesture at the end and you can't do anything.
you could technically activate it after a hkd with armor up, correct? not necessarily practical but would also benefit due to the player having reversed controls during cool down

Scott The Scot

you could technically activate it after a hkd with armor up, correct? not necessarily practical but would also benefit due to the player having reversed controls during cool down
Well, I guess it's sort of kinda safe, depending on how much health you have and how you look at it. The person will be hitting you and you will be taking damage but you're armourer so you can just hit them. This has left me a little confused, I'm not sure if this technically defines as safe or not because you can take damage and do nothing about it lol

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I don't know man, with unstoppable you lose all your meter at the end of each round, you lose the counter-zoning teleport. The heal isn't that good you only get 5% back each use (I suppose it could be good if you end all of your combos with heal). In Relentless you get the teleport and the pusuit which is a very handy tool to mess with your opponent.
It's certainly very debatable. I admit that Relentless is, by far, the variation that I have played the least. But, the heal in unstoppable is fantastic IMO. Yeah, you only get 5%, but Jason has a plethora of ways to get it out safely throughout the course of a match. If you are doing it right, you should be landing anywhere from 3-6 per round, minimum. I posted this in the unstoppable thread, but the following are safe ways to get either the regular or ex-versions of both buffs:

B2 (hit advantage: 53, both regular and ex-versions are safe)
F3 (hit advantage: 48, both regular and ex-versions are safe)
F2 (hit advantage: 34, ex-versions are safe)

24 (hit advantage: 54, both regular and ex-versions are safe)
23 (hit advantage: 53, both regular and ex-versions are safe)
B122 (hit advantage: 46, both regular and ex-versions are safe)
F44 (hit advantage: 42, both regular and ex-versions are safe)
32D1 (hit advantage: 37, ex-versions are safe)
32U1 (hit advantage: 35, ex-versions are safe)

J2,J3,and J4 (hit advantage: 46, both regular and ex-versions are safe)

NJ 1,2 ( (hit advantage: 51, both regular and ex-versions are safe)

NJ 3,4 (hit advantage: 35, ex-versions are safe)

This doesn't include several other moves that, while not technically safe, have a lot of push-back and are therefore practically safe against certain opponents. (Opponents who don't have fast, far advancing wakeups such as Sub's Slide)

If Rise (Jason's healing buff) gave you much more than 5%, it would be broken.

Scott The Scot

It's certainly very debatable. I admit that Relentless is, by far, the variation that I have played the least. But, the heal in unstoppable is fantastic IMO. Yeah, you only get 5%, but Jason has a plethora of ways to get it out safely throughout the course of a match. If you are doing it right, you should be landing anywhere from 3-6 per round, minimum. I posted this in the unstoppable thread, but the following are safe ways to get either the regular or ex-versions of both buffs:

B2 (hit advantage: 53, both regular and ex-versions are safe)
F3 (hit advantage: 48, both regular and ex-versions are safe)
F2 (hit advantage: 34, ex-versions are safe)

24 (hit advantage: 54, both regular and ex-versions are safe)
23 (hit advantage: 53, both regular and ex-versions are safe)
B122 (hit advantage: 46, both regular and ex-versions are safe)
F44 (hit advantage: 42, both regular and ex-versions are safe)
32D1 (hit advantage: 37, ex-versions are safe)
32U1 (hit advantage: 35, ex-versions are safe)

J2,J3,and J4 (hit advantage: 46, both regular and ex-versions are safe)

NJ 1,2 ( (hit advantage: 51, both regular and ex-versions are safe)

NJ 3,4 (hit advantage: 35, ex-versions are safe)

This doesn't include several other moves that, while not technically safe, have a lot of push-back and are therefore practically safe against certain opponents. (Opponents who don't have fast, far advancing wakeups such as Sub's Slide)

If Rise (Jason's healing buff) gave you much more than 5%, it would be broken.
Can't argue with that, good write-up!

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
OK I need this confirmed. I was playing a relentless variation of Jason and Beat him round 1. During round 2 my opponent was only using 111xx DF1 and it was doing 28% NO METER. Does this mean Jason's damage buff in relentless stacks per round!? Is this an online glitch?

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
OK I need this confirmed. I was playing a relentless variation of Jason and Beat him round 1. During round 2 my opponent was only using 111xx DF1 and it was doing 28% NO METER. Does this mean Jason's damage buff in relentless stacks per round!? Is this an online glitch?
It stacks and carries on in each round.

DarksydeDash

Hopefully this was intentional as it actually gives Relentless respectable damage/comeback potential. I hope it doesn't get patched out as it kinda makes up for Pursuit being hot garbage.
His X-ray can get up to 45%. I lots of people online ending my corner bnb with 3,2xx Killing Machine, Pursuit, X-ray. Most people try to jump upon seeing killing machine so pursuit is pretty much guaranteed. It gets more hilarious when they are jumping back because pursuit reverses their controls so they jump forward back to you. X-ray says hello. ;) Also if they do stand there and block you get the command grab which can go up to 35% with the Brutality at the end.

DarksydeDash

That's kinda busted. I went and checked as well. I wanted to see how far the increase would go. at one point I was able to do 40% off 111 DF1. Obviously the only catch is you have to lose first.
Yeah I was getting trolled last night by 30% D2's on ranked. The fact the guy has armored command grabs is worse.

Eh I wouldn't mind it being reset in between matches but the general increase needs to be greater. I got to 40% setting the matches to 3/5 rounds and had to lose twice just to get normal damage output.

DarksydeDash

Eh I wouldn't mind it being reset in between matches but the general increase needs to be greater. I got to 40% setting the matches to 3/5 rounds and had to lose twice just to get normal damage output.
I got 52% 1 bar...