What's new

General/Other - Jason Voorhees Jason Voorhees General Discussion Thread

Nice find.
I was thinking today in doing this stuff.
The regular teleport doing at long distance is a bad idea,easy punishable, but if you cancel the strings into it,and you find an opponent who likes to touch buttons , his attacks will whiff during teleport animation so its free punish combo for you. More than a teleport is ....a dissapearing move :p
The problem is that if you face someone who just waits you're going to find yourself getting hit a lot. You have to train their mind to think about tick throws with it so that they don't just sit and wait it out.

Also after F3, teleport and F44~teleport on hit will put you right in their face with the advantage.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Talking about setups and enders, I see that in SLASHER you can choose 3 options:
-THE DAMAGE: DF1 ender, but it gives you a mid distance, not good for toss zoning and not good for 50/50 setups and also bad if you think in activate armor
-THE ZONING/THE ARMOR SETUP: If you are against someone with bad zoning/antizoning options or you want to activate armor safe from wake-ups,its better to keep him at max. distance possible from you.Do the BF3 ender or even the DB2 ender(it´s my favorite couse its 1% extra damage and easy to do)In this case the final string wouldn´t be the 111 cause it would be whiff.
-THE 50/50: If you want to rushdown heavy you need this. Your combo will do less damage but you will be at the right position to choose from a meaty F42-...(low) or F2(overhead). For this you need to use this 2 enders: 112 or BF2 . The 112 its easier but your opp . keeps just a little far from a meaty F42, need to walk before, but F2 connects. For the BF2 ender you need to do 11(NOT 111) before and at middle height because if not, some of the hits will whiff. If do this ender correcly you have a hard knokdown and your opp. in front of you.
My BnB for the 50/50 setup afterwards is JiP-F42-F42-11-BF2 31% .You cant do NJP between F42 and also only two F42´s cause last hit of BF2 will whiff in this cases

Hope it helps

That shit's gonna get fixed, LOL.
Not until Kitana's infinite hopefully lol though I don't want that nerfed.

Nice find.
I was thinking today in doing this stuff.
The regular teleport doing at long distance is a bad idea,easy punishable, but if you cancel the strings into it,and you find an opponent who likes to touch buttons , his attacks will whiff during teleport animation so its free punish combo for you. More than a teleport is ....a dissapearing move :p
That's very unsafe.

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
It's unsafe if you use it very often, but it's good to surprise your opponent. Also, these setups are very useful while "Pursuit" is activated

Agilaz

It has begun
I'm really liking Jason so far, he's very fun to play.

But the absolutely abysmal normals kill the fun a little bit. It's so frustrating that I can't even get a jab or poke out without it being stuffed.

I would like to note that meaty b12 in slasher will beat out slower armored reversals like Mileena, Takeda, Dvorah. really hard to time vs Kung jin but it'll beat his overhead flip and trade with bow swing.

In his other two variants it is a better meat (safe) AND worse against some character because of low profiling reversals and dumb hitboxes.
b12 is faster between the hits so it actually beats out Kung Jin's reversals if timed right. Just another useful tool and it lets you do setups in Unstoppable.
Ex. Around midscreen b122 run b122, b122, 11~dd3 (Meaty B12) ir b1~ex Command grab to beat out reversals safely and tick throw.

Premonitionist

Call Me Premo - Mileena, D'Vorah, Cassie, Kitana.
I don't know if any of you have discussed this before in here but my brother was using the unstoppable variation and he was playing against a friend. My brother and him both traded hits on the final round and needless to say it's pretty interesting what happened. (Don't yell at me if u know what happens lol)

I don't know if any of you have discussed this before in here but my brother was using the unstoppable variation and he was playing against a friend. My brother and him both traded hits on the final round and needless to say it's pretty interesting what happened. (Don't yell at me if u know what happens lol)

It's like you're playing a horror movie

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
My god, I'm not one that would ever suggest buffs but I feel like Relentless has some issues:
His DB1 (the anti-air grab) gets beat out by jump in kicks and the EX version doesn't have armour so you can blow them up. Useless move, you've got a better chance beating a jump-in with EX DF1. Also, his command grabs whiffs way to much and has like no vertical hitbox and to use them you pretty much have to be tick-throwing or armouring through a move (and some moves just don't get hit by the EX version!!). His regular teleport has way too many startup frames and recovery frames imo that means Jason just gets full combo punished but I suppose you shouldn't use it just raw anyway.

Am I just not playing Relentless correctly? All of what I said above combined with very slow normals makes this variation just suck. Advice as to how I should be approaching this variation please? :)

... I ain't salty :p

Death By Nines

Catharsis
My god, I'm not one that would ever suggest buffs but I feel like Relentless has some issues:
His DB1 (the anti-air grab) gets beat out by jump in kicks and the EX version doesn't have armour so you can blow them up. Useless move, you've got a better chance beating a jump-in with EX DF1. Also, his command grabs whiffs way to much and has like no vertical hitbox and to use them you pretty much have to be tick-throwing or armouring through a move (and some moves just don't get hit by the EX version!!). His regular teleport has way too many startup frames and recovery frames imo that means Jason just gets full combo punished but I suppose you shouldn't use it just raw anyway.

Am I just not playing Relentless correctly? All of what I said above combined with very slow normals makes this variation just suck. Advice as to how I should be approaching this variation please? :)

... I ain't salty :p
First off, forget DB1. As far as I'm concerned, that move does not exist.

Secondly, I find Relentless to be better when you play a reactionary game. There are gimmicks that you can use (like teleport in DBF2 command grab) but they will only get you so far. I treat the command grab as a way to open them up when they've been checked enough times by B122 and they start blocking. After every throw and command grab I activate Pursuit unless it's against a character with a fast long range reversal like Sub, Reptile, Raiden etc.

Scott The Scot

First off, forget DB1. As far as I'm concerned, that move does not exist.

Secondly, I find Relentless to be better when you play a reactionary game. There are gimmicks that you can use (like teleport in DBF2 command grab) but they will only get you so far. I treat the command grab as a way to open them up when they've been checked enough times by B122 and they start blocking. After every throw and command grab I activate Pursuit unless it's against a character with a fast long range reversal like Sub, Reptile, Raiden etc.
Solid advice, I will work on that. What's your BnB with B122 in this variation because there's not much you can do after it since it isn't a pop-up like Slasher. I thought his variation was all about the command grabs since there's two of them. So pursuit is pretty important in this variation then I assume?

Agree, that's why I play unstoppable
I haven't even touched Unstoppable yet! How good is it?

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I haven't even touched Unstoppable yet! How good is it?
I'm not really sure, but it's hella fun. It's early, but I personally think it's stronger than relentless. The healing and damage buffs are both really good. Jason has a lot of safe strings with major hit advantage that allow you to constantly get both of them out. And remember, you keep all of the command grab shenanigans from relentless.

Death By Nines

Catharsis
Solid advice, I will work on that. What's your BnB with B122 in this variation because there's not much you can do after it since it isn't a pop-up like Slasher. I thought his variation was all about the command grabs since there's two of them. So pursuit is pretty important in this variation then I assume?
BnB with Relentless: B122, run, B122, 111, DF1 (Does roughly 27%, not next to the game at the moment to confirm). For the run after the first B122 you need to run for essentially what amounts to less than a second, so that the last hit of the second B122 hits when they're above Jason's head. A few minutes in Training mode and it becomes pretty easy.

The commands grabs are all well and good, but you need to make sure your opponent is trained to block before they become truly terrifying. B12 is fast enough at midscreen to catch people unaware and when they start to respect that option you can start grabbing. I personally only go for DBF2 cos the other one whiffs so much it became frustrating.

As for Pursuit, yes I believe it is important. How often you activate it depends on your opponent, however. Like I said earlier, against characters that can zip across the screen with a long reaching special like a slide or Electric Fly, you'll have to respect their option to quickly get across the screen to stop your activation.

Scott The Scot

I'm not really sure, but it's hella fun. It's early, but I personally think it's stronger than relentless. The healing and damage buffs are both really good. Jason has a lot of safe strings with major hit advantage that allow you to constantly get both of them out. And remember, you keep all of the command grab shenanigans from relentless.
I don't know man, with unstoppable you lose all your meter at the end of each round, you lose the counter-zoning teleport. The heal isn't that good you only get 5% back each use (I suppose it could be good if you end all of your combos with heal). In Relentless you get the teleport and the pusuit which is a very handy tool to mess with your opponent.