What's new

Question - Summoner It is time for some real Quan talk

Is Lord Quan broken ?

• YAAASSS !

Votes: 108 61.0%
  • He is balanced but top 5

Votes: 46 26.0%
  • He needs more buffs because why the **** not?

Votes: 23 13.0%

• Total voters

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I appreciate your opinion , I was just giving my own. What is your opinion on him as an offensive character ? The unblockable loops , rediculous damage output , basically the 1 hit you lose nonsense?
He's certainly a one player character when he lands a trance.

The way summoner has always been is the fact he removes skill from the equation, but when you touch him he has little chance getting you off. Obviously his d1 helps that now, but sometimes a faster poke just won't cut it.

Hard to say really, but he's definitely either one side of the see-saw or the other.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I gave a serious of well thought out and reasonable adjustments to bring him in line with other characters, but they are conveniently being ignored by the Quan community. Coincidence? Certainly not.

#ducttapepotatoe

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I gave a serious of well thought out and reasonable adjustments to bring him in line with other characters, but they are conveniently being ignored by the Quan community. Coincidence? Certainly not.

#ducttapepotatoe
What are those adjustsments? And tbh I don't think that Paulo cares about what the quan community thinks, watch bone shaper.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
he really reallydoesnt need a nerf (aside from damage), and if he does get nerfed, to the point that his game plan changes, im dropping him, i aint loyal to shit! lol

may just drop this game too, its just been one dissappointment after another as far as the patches have been, they always seem to take the nerfs 1 step too far.

mattnin

Noob
A 6 frame down 1 that's pretty damn minus on block does not automatically make a characters defence above average. Not downplaying, but that's a ludicrous statement.

Blood God Kotal Kahn has godlike fast low pokes and is still said to be trash when being rushed down.
I play Blood God and his 6f poke doesn't get me out of rush down as easy as people think it would so I can definitely see Quan mains points here. I'm not seeing people abuse Quan's d1 online either. Are people really getting salty about d1 while playing a Quan or are they just imagining the dominance of d1?

Quan is good however but not sure if he should be nerfed. People should wait awhile before making these panic threads. Can we all at least agree on getting the net code tweaked before we starting whining for more nerfs/buffs

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
All this downplay lol. "He's screwed when you get in!!!!". Ok but how do you get in? His njp anti-airs everything and is hard as fuck to punish. He has the best zoning and he can ex trance you on a read. All combos can send you back full screen. He has huge range on his overhead that can be cancelled into + on block runes making you have to guess. He has a 6f d1 which is decent for poking out of pressure. He has a d3 (or d4) with great range, decent start up and plus frames on hit.

I mean sure you CAN get in on him but it's not like he lacks defensive tools.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
All this downplay lol. "He's screwed when you get in!!!!". Ok but how do you get in? His njp anti-airs everything and is hard as fuck to punish. He has the best zoning and he can ex trance you on a read. All combos can send you back full screen. He has huge range on his overhead that can be cancelled into + on block runes making you have to guess. He has a 6f d1 which is decent for poking out of pressure. He has a d3 (or d4) with great range, decent start up and plus frames on hit.

he lacks plenty of defensive tools, Quan Chi is pretty much all offense. He needs it and needs to hope he can win the match quickly with it because if he doesnt the match quickly drops out of his favor.

also his d1 is only +3 on hit, that guarantees nothing for him, and even if he tries to do something after, you can easily just armor after he hits you with a d1, so quan chi might have to block again anyways after hitting with his d1. Which means you can easily resume pressure.

Last edited:
We're talking about his vortex and hard to blockables NOT his zoning.... I love his zoning
In this game you can't win by zoning, if all you have is zoning you are screwed. So a good zoner in this game must have either good mix ups or good pressure, or at least a supergood armored move to complement his zoning, Quan has crazy mix ups and a vortex. If you take that away he will only have zoning that does nothing in this game.

hayatei

Noob
High Tech Jacqui may have a block infinite combo in the corner against Quan Chi. The same may be true for Dragon's Fire Liu Kang and Ronin Takeda.
You ought not be feeding the already abundant paranoia of the masses by creating this thread.
ronin takeda doesn't block infinite quan chi :p but he can make it really hard for quan to do anything at all (it was the exact same pre-patch)

I feel like summoner quan is badly designed, he will always be either be op or too weak if his bat doesnt get some kind of rework and they change it

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I love how one sided this thread is, with all the usual QC players yelling about how fair he is, but yet the poll shows how overwhelmingly contrary to this people actually feel. Just shows that those who yell the loudest don't always speak for everyone lol

OH NO UNBLOCKABLES WITH LOW BAT FULLSCREEN ZONE LOCKDOWN 6 FRAME DOWN 1 SO BROKE NOW HE GOT DEFENSE WARLOCK S TIER NJP STUPID ALWAYS AT PLUS FRAMES

To which I say, "shut the fuck up, you do not know what you are talking about."
He didn't mention unblockables or even hard to block, didn't mention anything about 6 frames or even the poke, didn't mention anything about Warlock and didn't mention anything about NjP, and didn't say anything about him always being plus or anything about him being safe at all.

Its like you guys just have a pre-written counter defense that you just fallback on everytime lol, screw what people are actually saying lets just accuse them all of whining about what I decide they are saying lol

Nobody seemed to really care about Quan before
I got this far

Last edited:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I was just trying to give an example of a character who has to work. I'm sorry for you constant downplay :D
I am not downplaying. Quan Chi is clearly a very strong character. I would have no problem with the low bat hitting mid or the EX rune being slightly less advantage on block. But by creating this thread, you are contributing to the witch-hunt and indirectly supporting the anti-zoning scrubs and zealots of the community.

I GOT HANDS

There seems to be this huge confusion where people believe all three of his variations have a bat.
Let me debunk this misconception for you all.

Only Quan Chi's Summoner variation can summon a bat.
I know, it's a revelation. If you have any further questions about this, I'm open to PMs.
#soEdgy

I have a question about this statement? Exactly who are you responding to lol? Don't just give me a generalised answer, link me the posts in here that actually make this misconception, because this just reads like a cringeworthy attempt to be edgy dude lol.

Anyway, my favourite exchange in this thread by far has to be this;

he lacks plenty of defensive tools, Quan Chi is pretty much all offense. He needs it and needs to hope he can win the match quickly with it because if he doesnt the match quickly drops out of his favor.
"I see all your logic about Quans defensive options, but I'm just going to say no, I've decided those things don't exist"

Lol these threads always get me rollin

Last edited:

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I love how one sided this thread is, with all the usual QC players yelling about how fair he is, but yet the poll shows how overwhelmingly contrary to this people actually feel. Just shows that those who yell the loudest don't always speak for everyone lol

He didn't mention unblockables or even hard to block, didn't mention anything about 6 frames or even the poke, didn't mention anything about Warlock and didn't mention anything about NjP, and didn't say anything about him always being plus or anything about him being safe at all.

Its like you guys just have a pre-written counter defense that you just fallback on everytime lol, screw what people are actually saying lets just accuse them all of whining about what I decide they are saying lol

I got this far

This is the 3rd or 4th thread like this.

Every one is just saying the same crap over and over again.

Now that you're here, this thread is basically a Quan Chi Nerf Greatest Hits thread.

I GOT HANDS

This is the 3rd or 4th thread like this.

Every one is just saying the same crap over and over again.

Now that you're here, this thread is basically a Quan Chi Nerf Greatest Hits thread.
I'm just having a good time, haven't said a single thing about Quan Chi's balance I'm just commenting on some peoples statements on the topic because this is just hilarious at this point :D

P.S. For someone who had a BIG issue with me quoting his post in another thread and calling it a personal attack and to leave you alone, all just for saying "easy for you to say".... Your post here is pretty amazingly hypocritical lol my post was a LOT less personal lol. If you are so adamant that you don't want to get in arguments with me, why the fuck are you going out of your way to start one haha it was a legit question to the statements being made by someone else, completely irrelevant of yourself and absolutely nothing to do with you.

@I GOT HANDS

Don't you ever, I mean ever in your sinning life, quote me in white text again.
My bad it auto changed that shit back to white when I copy pasted and I didn't notice lol I'll fix it back up

Last edited: