What's new

Question - Summoner It is time for some real Quan talk

Is Lord Quan broken ?

• YAAASSS !

Votes: 108 61.0%
  • He is balanced but top 5

Votes: 46 26.0%
  • He needs more buffs because why the **** not?

Votes: 23 13.0%

• Total voters

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Saying he is harder to block than Quan is crazy talk.

His main thing is he gets great corner carry and insane corner damage. He does have way better defense then Quan but his offense is nowhere near Quan's level, at least IMO.

I think hes proably top 5 now but I still see Quan as a better character. Then again you probably play against Tyrant so I'll defer to your judgement lol.
Tyrant's matches are so hype. His matches against Chef that I've seen were all effing epic.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
If you do everything right you can only be beat by armor and maybe backdashes. Only thing I can think of that can be poked out of is the first rekka used as a frametrap but even then the blockstun is super deceiving and most of the people I play cant poke out of it consistently. Plus if you try to poke out she can just EX rekka to blow you up. Poking has never been a good option against her pressure.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
If you do everything right you can only be beat by armor and maybe backdashes. Only thing I can think of that can be poked out of is the first rekka used as a frametrap but even then the blockstun is super deceiving and most of the people I play cant poke out of it consistently. Plus if you try to poke out she can just EX rekka to blow you up. Poking has never been a good option against her pressure.
so the fact that she's negative on telecancel pressure doesnt play a factor in this then?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Saying he is harder to block than Quan is crazy talk.
No way, not crazy talk at all. Especially if it's Wrestler. He has overheads, lows, tick throws, plus frames, and staggers in tons of different placed throughout his strings. Quan is always going to be a 50/50 (albeit a strong one) at a time where you know that it's coming.

I conveniently made a flowchart yesterday of all of his mixup options off of a blocked 6 frame standing 1:

And that's just one of his many strings that has options like this.

His mixup game after he's plus on block is nuts too, especially considering he has safe hitconfirmable overhead and low launchers, plus one of if not the best command grab in the game that can be tick thrown from a bunch of his strings.

He also does like 45% meterless in the corner and the same midscreen for a bar.

Also he has the best armor options in the game. Safe High Armor / Overhead Launcher (for 35%!!!) / 19% Command Grab so he can practically mix you up on HIS wakeup, etc. So even if you manage to catch him in a - situation, he's got the upper hand.

Also this isn't just from losing to Tyrant, I also play a lot of Jax (Wrestler mostly) and he honestly might be my best character right now, just because he's strong, not because I've practiced him more than others. I was at casuals tonight and Jax is the only character in my roster that I can go even or better vs our best Shinnok with.