What's new

Question - Summoner It is time for some real Quan talk

Is Lord Quan broken ?

• YAAASSS !

Votes: 108 61.0%
  • He is balanced but top 5

Votes: 46 26.0%
  • He needs more buffs because why the **** not?

Votes: 23 13.0%

• Total voters

gibster13

A fan of fans
I love Quan, i even main him but do you think he is slightly stupid now? Before I get all the hate i just want some opinions other then mine thats why i am making this thread.

I have come across a multitude of Quans and in my whole time i have never thought 'holy shit i got out played, he is the lord' i have always thought 'i guessed wrong 3 times so i lose'. Do you know what i mean? I have seen Quans that drop their combo over and over again but i still have to make a guess between b2 or b3, is that fair. His zoning is perhaps the best in the game so if you not guessing, your full screen, but I feel this is the aim of this variation so doesn't need changeling.But to mention he can run behind puggless projectile and surprise surprise you have to guess again. Why is he getting buffed ? i mean come on nrs think to yourself why you did that.

'his defence is awful' is the only defence Quan players seem to have but yes i do agree, it is bad. BUT all it takes is one touch and its pretty much death with Quans stupid b2 low bat thing, That should be illegal.

I like how nrs have done the game but this summoner Quan is too much. You get high-tech jaqui who has to work hard to get something started, then you get quan who can touch you once then your dead before you know it. Nothing is scarier then being in a trance and having to guess about 800 times before you get out.

I had to let this out tbh. Opinions ??

Last edited:

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
He was already probably top 5 before the patch. Now with these buffs, he could be the best character in the game. Even more damage than before, plus a great D1 to counter poke with.

Nobody seemed to really care about Quan before, the only thing that helped summoner was the 6f d1, and that's where you draw the line for "broken"? Gtf out of here, if you've ever played summoner you know he is meter hungry, has no fast mid hitting normals, and no armor. Yeah he can "touch of death" (which not really, he doesn't have any 100 percent combos) any char with 50/50s or decent pressure can really shut him down too. Despite all that I do truly believe he's top 3 maybe even number 1, but there's always going to be a no. 1 character, but I don't think he's broken by any means. A lot of these bat setups people keep getting hit by are totally escapable, go into the lab and actually try to learn instead of making these whiny threads because some quan beat you online...

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
the only thing that i don't like in this character is the "pseudo-unblockable".... aside from that, he's pretty fair...

P.S. remember him back in MK9 ?!... he was only a threat when he had at least 2 bars of meter(rune trap), now, he's actually good, which is nice, cuz i like him.... :3 (Subz/cyber subz, Sektor and Kenshi, too)

M2Dave

Zoning Master
You get high-tech jaqui who has to work hard to get something started, then you get quan who can touch you once then your dead before you know it.
High Tech Jacqui may have a block infinite combo in the corner against Quan Chi. The same may be true for Dragon's Fire Liu Kang and Ronin Takeda.

You ought not be feeding the already abundant paranoia of the masses by creating this thread.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
So, I've been thinking.

How about these as proposed Quan 'adjustments'

Change his bat to a large potatoe. This is done because hurling potatoes is funnier and also I think throwing bats is probably not fair for the bats. I imagine it hurts them.

Give Quan a hug before each match. Quan strikes me as, essentially, the king of all the edgy little emo kids from high school. He's just missing the JNCO jeans or however it's spelled. The hug is meant to let him know we accept him and understand what he's going through and we too have SO MANY EMOTIONS NO ONE HAS EVER FELT LIKE THIS BEFORE YOU ALL DONT GET ME IM GOING TO MY ROOM ILL NEVER GROW UP LIKE YOU DAD

cough.

His d1 should stay at 6f of whatever it is, but we should duct tape his wrist to.his bicep, reducing the range.

Whenever you are performing his vortex, the YMCA song plays for however long you loop it on your opponent.

That's what I have off.the top.of my head. I don't play Quan, or know how to play Quan or know how to play against him.. But I feel like by proposing these changes, which NRS will 100% see and care deeply for, I will eliminate the need to do all the stuff I don't know how to do and at the same time improve my chances of defeating Quan on my mains Decapre and Yang.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
the only thing quan chi needs a nerf on is his corner damage. you take a way his hard to block 50/50 vortex then he becomes your run of the mill 50/50 character with nothing else special about him. He needs meter for just about everything, even with his 6 frame d1, he's extreemly easy to bully.