What's new

Question - Summoner It is time for some real Quan talk

Is Lord Quan broken ?

• YAAASSS !

Votes: 108 61.0%
  • He is balanced but top 5

Votes: 46 26.0%
  • He needs more buffs because why the **** not?

Votes: 23 13.0%

• Total voters

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Is there a general strategy to blocking Quan's vortex? Is it simply just watching for the bat to go low?
The B2 vortex? If he wants to convert the low bat always has to hit first, then it'll either be B2 or B3 after the low bat, which is where the 50/50 actually is. He could also just throw out a raw B2 to catch you off, so you have to keep an eye on the bat. For his NJP vortex if you learn the timings of the bat you can figure out whther the NJP or Bat is coming first then block accordingly.

A lot of people really have NO CLUE how to block these vortex's and I've not really saw anyone ask for help in the Quan MU anywhere, people just create these nerf Quan threads cause they can't be arsed to learn how to block a couple of easily read mixups. There's much worse in this game than Quan, like EB and his 21122 string, where you have to guess between 3 tick throws, then he ends it at plus frames after building a silly amount of meter and can make a read to go back into the same shit all over again.

Rant over. Get gud TYM.

Edit: Just to clarify if anything does happen to him just change the unblockable protection to around 5-6 frames, anymore and Shinnok's JiP, F4 wouldn't work lul. It wouldn't ruin the character at all imo.

Last edited:

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Its like Shujinkydink created a canned response manual for the rest of the TYM quan players, and now whenever someone says something about quan, people reply with one of the randomly chosen canned responses, whether it relates to what was originally said or otherwise.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I'm loving it, please make this never stop, the Quan Chi community just making themselves look worse and worse everyday :D

Much respect to the few who don't downplay hard and actually call it how it is - PND Ketchup, snort, a few others, we see you :cool: the rest are doing bad out here tho lol

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Yes, Quan Chi is very strong.

He might be the best in the game, but I don't think he's broken.

Broken would imply that he's doing something the designers didn't intend for him to do.

Anyway, if you want Quan experience and help in the MU, add me.

My PSN is jshipp39.

Otherwise, I really don't know what this thread hopes to accomplish that others didn't.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I have come across a multitude of Quans and in my whole time i have never thought 'holy shit i got out played, he is the lord' i have always thought 'i guessed wrong 3 times so i lose'.
How can you be losing yet not being outplayed? People need to get over this mentality. Everyone is crying about Quan yet I don't see anyone just picking him up and making Top 8s and Forever King doesn't count because he was making Top 8s anyway

Rude

That'll never happen. These threads are everywhere. Not just for quan chi either. Best bet is to troll until it gets closed

I haven't looked everywhere, but do your character's forums have 4 different, "Nerf" demand threads?

I'm really asking.

I really don't understand what these threads accomplish. It'd be one thing if there was some MU talk in there, but no.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
I haven't looked everywhere, but do your character's forums have 4 different, "Nerf" demand threads?

I'm really asking.

I really don't understand what these threads accomplish. It'd be one thing if there was some MU talk in there, but no.
Since the game started I started with takeda, his where buff threads everywhere. Then I went to kung jin and the threads were nerf his damage/reach. Then to quan chi and that still hasn't stopped and won't. I only use quan and predator now and everyone freaks out about those two characters. Not 4+ threads for each character though. Quan chi takes the cake in that category by far. Everyone hates this character.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Your poll should cover more bases. I think Quan is #1, with both summoner, sorcerer and warlock as a backup.
But, that doesn't man he's entirely broken.
I think low bat doing some heavy damage scaling in combos would be okay for summoner, like cut low bat combo damage in almost half so that Quans are discouraged from using that tactic early in a health bar, bu it still remains as a near guaranteed way of closing out a round... (shudders.)
Yo Quan mains, "this ordeal will end soon." I hope your Qua lives aren't wrecked by the future patch.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Just one Quan among the Top 8 of "The Fall Classic". And this Quan was used only once to counterpick another Quan. Can we let tournament results speak before demanding nerfs? Where has the "let's at least wait for a month and see"-mentality gone?

My opinion on Quan: Dumb - yes. Overpowered - no.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Well now that I keep getting alerts for this thread I'll throw my input in. Now I main quan chi. And this is what I think should happen to quan to not completely fuck his character design and still be good. Everyone's complaining about summoner, and for good reason for the most part. From my experience from playing other quan chis, there are two types of quan chi players. There's the online quans who abuse overhead, NJP and low bat, njp like crazy, etc. Then there are the other quans who actually know what they are doing with quan chi and don't flow chart with OH Low/low OHs with the bat out. Lets not fkrget about how good of a zoner he is and his extremely good unbreakable damage. Low bat into OH, vice versa, is a bit overpowered whether other quan players wanna back that up or down play some more. In my opinion, dL2/dLT should be a mid. Now I'm gonna be out on blast for this, but seriously. He already has the best 50/50 in the game. If someone quotes this and only the part about low bat should be a mid, explain to me why he NEEDS it. I would like a rational explanation to anyone who says otherwise. If you're playing summoner quan and rely on the ambiguous OH low/ low OH setups to win, you're doing it wrong. There could be a few other changes to make him more fair, but making low bat a mid would fix most of the problems people have with summoner quan.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Two things are getting mixed up: Are people complaining about Quan Chi being designed in a stupid way or are people complaining about him being too strong? - In fact the hard-to-blockables were there before the patch and still Quan Chi hardly won any majors...

Then again, I guess, this is how TYM will always work...

Last edited:

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Well now that I keep getting alerts for this thread I'll throw my input in. Now I main quan chi. And this is what I think should happen to quan to not completely fuck his character design and still be good. Everyone's complaining about summoner, and for good reason for the most part. From my experience from playing other quan chis, there are two types of quan chi players. There's the online quans who abuse overhead, NJP and low bat, njp like crazy, etc. Then there are the other quans who actually know what they are doing with quan chi and don't flow chart with OH Low/low OHs with the bat out. Lets not fkrget about how good of a zoner he is and his extremely good unbreakable damage. Low bat into OH, vice versa, is a bit overpowered whether other quan players wanna back that up or down play some more. In my opinion, dL2/dLT should be a mid. Now I'm gonna be out on blast for this, but seriously. He already has the best 50/50 in the game. If someone quotes this and only the part about low bat should be a mid, explain to me why he NEEDS it. I would like a rational explanation to anyone who says otherwise. If you're playing summoner quan and rely on the ambiguous OH low/ low OH setups to win, you're doing it wrong. There could be a few other changes to make him more fair, but making low bat a mid would fix most of the problems people have with summoner quan.
Then low bat would be a redundant move. B+Lt and Lt would serve the same purpose. Making the in game unblockable protection 6 frames would stop his and other character's hard to blockables without nuking Quan. Either that or, like someone else suggested, more damage scaling on his bat attacks as his damage is pretty ridiculous right now.

SEV

Noob
Quan is broke.

He is just as broke as zod was in injustice but worse since nobody has anything close to this in MKX.

He has everything you could possibly need to succeed.

Myth:
You need armor to succeed in MKX
Lol at the people who liked this post, that also...
OH NO UNBLOCKABLES WITH LOW BAT FULLSCREEN ZONE LOCKDOWN 6 FRAME DOWN 1 SO BROKE NOW HE GOT DEFENSE WARLOCK S TIER NJP STUPID ALWAYS AT PLUS FRAMES

To which I say, "shut the fuck up, you do not know what you are talking about."
liked this post.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Then low bat would be a redundant move.
No, it would not. Because you cannot release the bat while blocking, you can punish some high projectiles by neutral crouching and releasing the low bat and following up with EX trance.

Rude

No, it would not. Because you cannot release the bat while blocking, you can punish some high projectiles by neutral crouching and releasing the low bat and following up with EX trance.

I feel like there could be a whole segment of KTP dedicated to the Quan Chi forums.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Stop, your going to be put on blast for not using one of the Quan community's canned responses.