What's new

Injustice General Discussion

trufenix

bye felicia
Can we please cut this shit out. Exclusives happen because of money. Without money, things don't happen. IE: The BB costume wouldn't even exist without this exclusive.

tazzmission

Banned
So why have they made these outfits only unlockable by the playing the iOS? It's a free app, what other incentive do people need to play it?! And I can't see Apple paying NRS any money to make these iOS exclusive, so why the hell do it? So they can charge people without an Apple product to download them at a later date? SMH
bioware did the same with mass effect 3 and mass effect galaxy wich is a little easter egg for the story

also ubisoft did the same for assassins creed 3

i just hate how the gaming buisness is trying to make one thing exclusive and people have to pay another 60 bucks for a vita or phone game

Psychotropic

Semi-Casual
Can we please cut this shit out. Exclusives happen because of money. Without money, things don't happen. IE: The BB costume wouldn't even exist without this exclusive.
It's a free app. Tell me where money comes into it? Like I said. I can't imagine Apple paying NRS to make these exclusive. The only place money comes into it is locking out people without an iOS until they are ready to charge them.

tazzmission

Banned
actually what they could do is a costume pack bundle for 240 points ......

bioware did it with alternate armors for mass effect 2 and they made a killing off it because one. it was affordable and not over priced

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
actually what they could do is a costume pack bundle for 240 points ......

bioware did it with alternate armors for mass effect 2 and they made a killing off it because one. it was affordable and not over priced

That's what they WILL do, IoS people just got it early. If it wasn't already available through another outlet and was just announced for a later release then people wouldn't be saying anything.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I hope his cyber bats glow red instead of blue.

For the announcement, it has to be DLC something since everything on the disc has been leaked.

My top 3 hopes:
1. Tag mode like MK9, because a Black Adam/Shazam team would be fucking awesome.
2. Classic skin pack for all characters. Or maybe even a golden age skin pack for some(green lantern and flash specifically).
3. DLC character.

Psychotropic

Semi-Casual
You do know that just because it doesn't cost YOU anything doesn't mean it just fell from the sky, right?
Hmmm, you said exclusives happen because of money. I assume you meant they happen because of "making" money and not the cost involved with creating them.

"THIS IS EXACTLY HOW IT WORKS"
Sure, I'll believe that Apple paid NRS when I see their income statement.

trufenix

bye felicia
Hmmm, you said exclusives happen because of money. I assume you meant they happen because of "making" money and not the cost involved with creating them.

"THIS IS EXACTLY HOW IT WORKS"
Sure, I'll believe that Apple paid NRS when I see their income statement.
You're right, it's far more likely WB/NRS made a mobile companion app for their current biggest game of the year, released it for free, tied a bunch of content to it, then just ignored half the mobile market because. . .

I'm sorry, what was your point again?

Psychotropic

Semi-Casual
You're right, it's far more likely WB/NRS made a mobile companion app for their current biggest game of the year, released it for free, tied a bunch of content to it, then just ignored half the mobile market because. . .

I'm sorry, what was your point again?
The way "freemium" apps make profit is through digital currency in their games. Anyone who talks like they know all the facts should know this. So the point is, these skins cost nothing to unlock. I don't see why they didn't just ditch the exclusive nonsense and release them for everybody at a reasonable price. That was my original gripe.

Calvin

Ball Hog The Betrayer
So, I don't own an ios device. There's no way to play the app on my friends Ipad and redeem the costumes for myself after he's got them? Anyone have a clue?

trufenix

bye felicia
The way "freemium" apps make profit is through digital currency in their games. Anyone who talks like they know all the facts should know this. So the point is, these skins cost nothing to unlock. I don't see why they didn't just ditch the exclusive nonsense and release them for everybody at a reasonable price. That was my original gripe.
F2P games don't get MADE for free. Before the first person even sees it on the app store, WB had to green light the project and pay for its construction. And you know how they paid for it? Apple wrote them a big fat check in exchange for it staying iOS only. The fact that its totally free is the deadest giveaway there is. Publishers order (or chop out, in less scrupulous examples) game content all the time and then shop it out to facilitators for favor. Highest bidder wins. Just look at the Red Son / Blackest Night / Arkham packs, this is no different.

Maybe Apple came to WB and said hey, we'd like you to make something for us cause Lockdown was beast. Maybe WB went to Apple and said, hey we have this cool idea for your platform but we need a couple dollars to make it happen. Either way, those 5-6 costumes people seem to think are being unfairly held hostage would in reality not exist if not for said ransom.

Bottom line; You will wait until Apple has its day in the sun before they turn up anywhere else, and if the pot was sweet enough, they never will.

Gryfen Z

Game store guy
I can kind of see the point of the OP. The tendency of current games to nickel and dime you and/or tie game content to outside software is a far cry from having all content on the disc and being unlocked through either normal play or feats of skill. That said, the app itself is free to consumers and isn't a terrible tactic on NRS's part to keep fan interest high. They seem to be great at that, actually.

From a personal standpoint, I'm not a fan of Apple or Apple products. I have an old 8GB ipod, but it's old enough that the Injustice app barely runs and is not playable. I'd like to download it for my droid. If there isn't an alternate way to unlock content on the disc I buy without shelling out money for a device I don't want, that would annoy me to no end. Even if it's just shelling out a few bucks to get those costumes, I'd rather do that than spend many more bucks for a crApple product just to run a free game.

Bottom line, I wouldn't get terribly worked up about it until we know for sure that there will never be another way to get that stuff besides the mobile app.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
They'd exist, just woulda had to pay for them.

You probably still do. If this wasn't on IoS and just as a paid costume pack later on then there'd be a lot less griping. But because it's free buy playing that game and because there's no word on being able to obtain it through other means then people wanna complain.

Psychotropic

Semi-Casual
F2P games don't get MADE for free. Before the first person even sees it on the app store, WB had to green light the project and pay for its construction. And you know how they paid for it? Apple wrote them a big fat check in exchange for it staying iOS only. The fact that its totally free is the deadest giveaway there is. Publishers order (or chop out, in less scrupulous examples) game content all the time and then shop it out to facilitators for favor. Highest bidder wins. Just look at the Red Son / Blackest Night / Arkham packs, this is no different.

Maybe Apple came to WB and said hey, we'd like you to make something for us cause Lockdown was beast. Maybe WB went to Apple and said, hey we have this cool idea for your platform but we need a couple dollars to make it happen. Either way, those 5-6 costumes people seem to think are being unfairly held hostage would in reality not exist if not for said ransom.

Bottom line; You will wait until Apple has its day in the sun before they turn up anywhere else, and if the pot was sweet enough, they never will.
I don't see where "profit" comes into that. I have no problem with companies paying for exclusives. I just don't see how this benefits NRS in the long run, and therefore the whole thing seems unnecessary.

Stop crying, and no i doubt these skins will be available through another outlet in the future, because why make the damn game if ur just gonna release them anyway sooner or later? If u have an ios device n are willing to grind it out for the skins then u should have no problem, the game takes a week to beat at the most and everything is pretty much free if u have enough gold from battles. I like the idea that some skins for the game will only be able to ve obtained through ios, it makes having certain skins that more special, however i do see the skins from amazon, wal mart, and other retailers being available down the line.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
1) Apple didn't come to WB and pay them for this.

The logic of releasing on iOS here is that this game really pushes the capabilities of the underlying system (it's not even available for all the iPhones/iPads; just the newer ones). With Android you have to develop and account for 100 diff. types of phones; it's a much more expensive, bug-filled, and time-consuming process than coding for iOS, where you know exactly what it'll be running on.

2) These skins will likely end up released at a later date anyway for everyone; there's too much money to be made in DLC for them not to.

3) Don't preach about the economics of app development unless you actually have an idea how it works; because some of the things stated in this thread are borderline ridiculous ;)

Justice

Noob
So, I don't own an ios device. There's no way to play the app on my friends Ipad and redeem the costumes for myself after he's got them? Anyone have a clue?
Yes. It appears that the WBID isn't tied to a device so theoretically your buddy could log into his WBID on your console and get you the unlocks. Won't know for sure if this works until the 16th, but it is confirmed between iOS devices now.

So anyone without an iPhone buddy up for the unlocks ;)