What's new

Injustice General Discussion

Calvin

Ball Hog The Betrayer
Yes. It appears that the WBID isn't tied to a device so theoretically your buddy could log into his WBID on your console and get you the unlocks. Won't know for sure if this works until the 16th, but it is confirmed between iOS devices now.

So anyone without an iPhone buddy up for the unlocks ;)
Bringing justice to each thread one post at a time. Thanks !

redeyes

Button Masher
Stop crying, and no i doubt these skins will be available through another outlet in the future, because why make the damn game if ur just gonna release them anyway sooner or later? If u have an ios device n are willing to grind it out for the skins then u should have no problem, the game takes a week to beat at the most and everything is pretty much free if u have enough gold from battles. I like the idea that some skins for the game will only be able to ve obtained through ios, it makes having certain skins that more special, however i do see the skins from amazon, wal mart, and other retailers being available down the line.
they made the game cause it gets more people hype & it gives apple & them money. i put out 25$ to the ios game to buy coins. free money.

also ur thing about the skins not coming out? uh hello ninja pack DLC? all those skins were pre-order MK from blah or blah or blah. then what did they do? oh hey heres all the skins u could of got for free for 5$

People seem to forget the whole point of iOS games like this one is an attempt to extort money out of you through microtransactions. This "free" game IS making money. If you've even played the game (and I've beaten it), you'd understand how unabashedly blatant this games design is. You quite literally cannot progress without spending money unless you wait hours between 10 minute sessions.

WB could have told NRS, "You have to make this money pit app, and we want it to have exclusives to get more people to look at it."

It IS all about money. We just don't know how anything went down.

Justice

Noob
People seem to forget the whole point of iOS games like this one is an attempt to extort money out of you through microtransactions. This "free" game IS making money. If you've even played the game (and I've beaten it), you'd understand how unabashedly blatant this games design is. You quite literally cannot progress without spending money unless you wait hours between 10 minute sessions.

WB could have told NRS, "You have to make this money pit app, and we want it to have exclusives to get more people to look at it."

But there are ways to play the game and not spend money or "cheat", it'll just take longer to get through. It's called a time/money sink. most games have them; some are more visible than others. I mean, once you get a number of characters, you can take multiple parties through to farm exp/koins.

Besides, out of those of us grinding the crap out of this game, how many of us are so sick of it? That's not fun. Sometimes forced breaks are a good thing so that we don't lose the enjoyment of our games as fast.

redeyes

Button Masher

there is a trick for free enegy refills..

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I really resent the idea of people getting free shit because they have iPhones. This would be wicked cool if it were cross platform but the way it is now, fuck everyone involved. So I hope to god people are paying out the nose for this shit as it stands.

Did someone saaaaaay... Money pit?

Sc5-voldo.jpg

"Money Pit" is so fitting for this because to defend it, you'd have to be blind with your ass hanging out.

But there are ways to play the game and not spend money or "cheat", it'll just take longer to get through. It's called a time/money sink. most games have them; some are more visible than others. I mean, once you get a number of characters, you can take multiple parties through to farm exp/koins.

Besides, out of those of us grinding the crap out of this game, how many of us are so sick of it? That's not fun. Sometimes forced breaks are a good thing so that we don't lose the enjoyment of our games as fast.
The point isn't that you CAN complete the game without spending money, it's that without the unintended exploits, you probably wouldn't care to and it is DESIGNED that way. It is designed to frustrate you and make you lose patience. Why do you think there are 6 separate cost tiers for Recharges and Coins?

I GUARANTEE you this game is making more money for the skins than releasing them as separate DLC.

Come on. This is game design 101.

Justice

Noob
The point isn't that you CAN complete the game without spending money, it's that without the unintended exploits, you probably wouldn't care to and it is DESIGNED that way. It is designed to frustrate you and make you lose patience. Why do you think there are 6 separate cost tiers for Recharges and Coins?

I GUARANTEE you this game is making more money for the skins than releasing them as separate DLC.

Come on. This is game design 101.
So I'm guessing that you've never been to an arcade then :p

The real point is that it is entirely up to you whether or not you spend any monies (or even download the app for that matter). If you don't like the practice, then don't spend any money. I spent $25 on the app and I'm not sorry. I also didn't spend $25 for skin unlocks. I spent it to further my enjoyment of the game that just happens to have unlocks as well. I consider that a bonus. I'f you're spending monies on the app with the mindset of "paying for the unlocks", quit now and wait the 5 weeks until they are available online.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
So I'm guessing that you've never been to an arcade then :p

The real point is that it is entirely up to you whether or not you spend any monies (or even download the app for that matter). If you don't like the practice, then don't spend any money. I spent $25 on the app and I'm not sorry. I also didn't spend $25 for skin unlocks. I spent it to further my enjoyment of the game that just happens to have unlocks as well. I consider that a bonus. I'f you're spending monies on the app with the mindset of "paying for the unlocks", quit now and wait the 5 weeks until they are available online.
The only thing that matters is getting a confirmation that these costumes are in fact going to be available on the consoles in one way or another. Either from the start through grinding or later as paid DLC.

I'm going to go straight ringdingdingalingdingaling BANANA PHONE if the iPhone crowd is the only group that gets Knightfall Bane.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
It's a free app. Tell me where money comes into it? Like I said. I can't imagine Apple paying NRS to make these exclusive. The only place money comes into it is locking out people without an iOS until they are ready to charge them.
If you played the game then you wouldn't ask where the money comes from. The App is free , but if you want to finish the game and unlock all that stuff then you have to spend some money(a lot of money). It is impossible to beat the game just by playing without spending money.

So why have they made these outfits only unlockable by the playing the iOS? It's a free app, what other incentive do people need to play it?! And I can't see Apple paying NRS any money to make these iOS exclusive, so why the hell do it? So they can charge people without an Apple product to download them at a later date? SMH
Yes, the app is free, but the thing you need to get the app isn't.

Yes, exclusives "exclude", that's what they do. It isn't ideal, but we know that all of the content eventually becomes available to pretty much everyone down the road. And stop blaming NRS. NRS is the game developer. WB handles all the promotions and deals with various partners. That's like blaming the cashier because the store's parking lot has no handicapped spaces.

If you played the game then you wouldn't ask where the money comes from. The App is free , but if you want to finish the game and unlock all that stuff then you have to spend some money(a lot of money). It is impossible to beat the game just by playing without spending money.
To be fair I beat it without spending a penny in under a week. Its impossible without the three character and time glitch but they are in the game making it quite beatable

Justice

Noob
The only thing that matters is getting a confirmation that these costumes are in fact going to be available on the consoles in one way or another. Either from the start through grinding or later as paid DLC.

I'm going to go straight ringdingdingalingdingaling BANANA PHONE if the iPhone crowd is the only group that gets Knightfall Bane.
I gots no probs helpin anyone out to get these skins. I do agree that whoever came up with the idea of only making this app iOS-compatible has to be dumb as paint.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I miss p1 advantage because at least it was constant :/ Hit trades feel really awkward just like in MK DC. Hopefully I'll get used to it in the long run though and maybe it will add some depth to the game.

I gots no probs helpin anyone out to get these skins. I do agree that whoever came up with the idea of only making this app iOS-compatible has to be dumb as paint.
I'd ask for your help, but I'm still convinced that these are going to be in the game somehow without the iOS game.