What's new

Injustice - Boon Teases Martian Manhunter, The Penguin & DLC

4 Females? Definitely not. I think there will be at least 6. Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, Catwoman (Confirmed), Black Canary (Probably Most Wanted Female), Zatanna (Has an INSANELY huge fanbase), Circe (Need a Wonder Woman villain), Hawkgirl (Very Popular Wanted Character for this Game).
Well, she's apparently not popular enough for you to call her by her proper name...

HAWKWOMAN!!!!

As you can see by the list above, there is no room for six females. There are only two spots left.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I know it been successful, but it's just that DC comics has such a large, formidable character roster. And I don't think half of them should be Batman characters. Batman characters that I believe have been announced so far: Batman(duh), Catwoman, Solomon Grundy, Nightwing, Joker, Bane, Harley Quinn and apparently Penguin. Hopefully, they're just announcing the more popular characters first. They still have alot of slots to fill if the roster is going to big as MK9's character list+DLC characters.
Grundy was originally a superman villain, not batman.

n9195v

Noob
Swamp Thing will be in the game
Heroes: 1. Superman
2. Batman
3. Wonder Woman
4. The Flash
5. Cyborg
6. Nightwing
7. Green Lantern
8. Martian Manhunter
9. Shazam
10. Aquaman
11. Green Arrow
12. ???

Villains: 1. Harley Quinn
2. Solomon Grundy
3. Catwoman
4. Joker
5. Deathstroke
6. Bane
7. Lex Luthor
8. Sinestro
9. Penguin
10. Black Adam
11. Captain Cold
12. ???

Four open spots. Who's gonna make the cut? Hawkwoman, Queen Bee, Black Manta, Giganta

EDIT: Make that three. Changing it to Black Canary, Black Manta and Giganta

EDIT AGAIN: I didn't add Captain Cold. Black Canary and Black Manta, are the spots for sure
you forgot Swamp Thing

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
would be so sick if penguins playable.
but lets not get distracted here, there needs to be more talk of swamp thing!!

Reedoms

Noob
Why? Penguin is awesome, I've always liked him.
Well, I know there is some suspension of disbelief when playing these types of games but I honestly cannot see Penguin the fat gangster with a bird fetish fighting people. If you want a jokey type character, I'm cool with that just someone else. It just doesn't seem right with him.

Fangoria19

Groovy
Penguin is a troll, and a pretty funny one at that but I dont think MMH is, I've always believed him to make the cut in some form or another. I also believe penguin really could be scorpion dlc, its the only sense that could make, danny devito was never much of a fighter.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Well, I know there is some suspension of disbelief when playing these types of games but I honestly cannot see Penguin the fat gangster with a bird fetish fighting people. If you want a jokey type character, I'm cool with that just someone else. It just doesn't seem right with him.
B-B-B-Booster Gold!

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
He's based in Gotham city and yes, he's fought alot of superheroes over the years. He was in Batman: Arkham City. If he's not "Batman", then what the fuck is he?
he started as a Green Lantern villian, like old green lantern, pre Hal. If youre gonna try to make claims on a subject at least have the courtesy to do some research to back them other than "herp derp he was in arkham city" I dont know shit about DC comics, but i made sure to check where Grundy was from before i started making ignorant statements like yours. take notes sucka

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
he started as a Green Lantern villian, like old green lantern, pre Hal. If youre gonna try to make claims on a subject at least have the courtesy to do some research to back them other than "herp derp he was in arkham city" I dont know shit about DC comics, but i made sure to check where Grundy was from before i started making ignorant statements like yours. take notes sucka
Damn, I thought he was superman.

Wait no he was GL THEN Superman and batman.

Whatever, he is cool either way.

Justice

Noob
Penguin would be a very fun, "gadget" character; maybe a cross between Sektor and Tron Bonne from MvC.

The Colt 45 folder is the gun resource for the FPS that NRS is working on for after Injustice so they can sink NRS and avoid making MK10....

It makes sense to me why they would load up batman characters. They've said they want to attract people new to the fighter genre and Batman reaches a massive audience of casual fans not necessarily very knowledgeable with the comics. (Like me kind of who grew up with the movies and more so the cartoon which I have a lot of nostalgic love for). They'll probably add more hardcore DC characters with DLC and later releases that way they introduce the casuals they snagged and satisfy the hardcore fans who are going to come originally anyway.

That being said, I could see Penguin being Boon messing with everyone again lol but I REALLY hope he isn't because thats the first character Ive been really stoked on and wanna try to main. He has a lot of comedic potential without being a gimmick character like SF has. Someone mentioned how he would interact with the cars and environment stuff, im pretty sure his umbrella had grappeling hook type gadgets and Im sure there has been comics or what not where penguin fought face to face with batman. If they focused on his umbrella being used as a sword and blunt attack his combos could be really sweet, and some helicopter umbrella tricks would be great. And think how awesome his waddling movement animations will be! LOL