What's new

"I'm a Real Pain in the @%# huh?" - Batgirl General Discussion Thread

Ok that's true bit since I'm plus2 shouldn't we trade at least? And the bf1 I haven't tested much idk why either cuz it's a great hit confirm I mostly use it after a backdash to get back in it has uncanny range on it, but if I hit combo I its blocked sometimes I do flyin bat because it beats everything but I lose d1 battles against another 8 frame mid or less

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Ok that's true bit since I'm plus2 shouldn't we trade at least? And the bf1 I haven't tested much idk why either cuz it's a great hit confirm I mostly use it after a backdash to get back in it has uncanny range on it, but if I hit combo I its blocked sometimes I do flyin bat because it beats everything but I lose d1 battles against another 8 frame mid or less
I've tested it against 7frame reversals it is definitely +2.

Also, bf1 is bola and it's hella negative. I think you mean bf3 which is +1

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Hey guys I wanted to kno do you guys have a list of all the moves that can be punished on reaction with smokebomb?
Most moves when whiffed can be punished on reaction. On block, there are very few things that can be punished with smokebomb. I know killer Frost's spike (-30ish) cannot be punished :(.

ji2, 21~bf3 (MB) is great. It's all safe an uninterruptable on block and the MB doesn't come out unless bf3 connects. If it does connect, b3, ji3, d3~bf1, ji2, 111 is a great follow up into vortex.
J2 only jails to Standing 1. At 11 frames, 21 is hella slow. You can easily backdash after a J2, 21.

d1~bf3 is also great. 8 frames, and +1 on block. If it hits you can use the same follow up.
Yeah, if you like getting D1 punished for free. That's all day. You have to mix this up with bat evade and cartwheel to stop D1's. BG's D1 is also REALLY mediocre.

Similarly, b2d3 is an overhead to low and b2d3~bf3 is +1 on block (although there is a 9 frame gap between the d3 and the bf3 on block).

ji2, 111~bf3 also works although there is an 11 frame gap.
These are so big of gaps that they're unusable against good players. I would just work in J3 into vortex more instead of J2.

As a quick punisher, 111~bf3 can be useful as it's 6 frames however the first hit is high so if ducked you can be punished for it.
Stand 1 is 7 frames, not 6.

d1~bf3 is +1 and jails and leads to a full combo if bf3 hits and you MB.
This does not jail. There's at least a 6 frame gap, which is D1 or MB F3 or backdash.

Her j2 has really great range and can be jailed into 21~bf3 on block which again eats to combos.
J2 only jails to Stand 1. 21 doesn't jail to BF3, either. You can backdash or armor through it. Start using the reversal option in training mode.

The only move that's a block string to BF3 is B1.

If the opponent starts fast d1-ing you, it's time to push block. Babs can't deal with that. Also learn when you can backdash certain strings to avoid their pressure.
Dealing with D1's is hard. Mixing up your block strings between ending BF3, DB33, Cartwheel, Bola, and Dash Canceled Bolas can really mess with a masher. Not to mention MB F3.

I've tested it against 7frame reversals it is definitely +2.

Also, bf1 is bola and it's hella negative. I think you mean bf3 which is +1
Bola is actually +3 on block, it just takes 35 frames to come out. You can dash cancel much sooner.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I'll just leave this thought here: Babs' df2 is six frames. That seems like, while it IS unsafe, would be quite the whiff punisher. If not that, then consider this:

What if you used it in the middle of string gaps? On hit you can MB into a Bola follow up, giving you another vortex option.

Has anyone considered this?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I'll just leave this thought here: Babs' df2 is six frames. That seems like, while it IS unsafe, would be quite the whiff punisher. If not that, then consider this:

What if you used it in the middle of string gaps? On hit you can MB into a Bola follow up, giving you another vortex option.

Has anyone considered this?
Yes.

But -15 means you're gonna be hit hard if they block you.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
can someone tell me her max 1 meter mid screen and corner combos?
They've been posted multiple times but here are the ones that I use (some not max but pretty close to and much easier execution)

Midscreen reset
(overhead) b2u3, b2u3, d2~bf1, ji2, 111 (28%)
(low) b12, b2u3, d2~bf1, ji2, 111 (26%)
(overhead) b2u3, b2u3, ji2, df2 (MB), d2~bf1, ji2, 111 (35% 1 bar)
(low) b12, f23~df2 (MB), d2~bf1, ji2, 111 (34% 1 bar)

Midscreen Damage
(Overhead) b2u3, ji2, f23~df2 (MB), 212~db2u (42% 1 bar)
(Low) b12, f23~df2 (MB), 212~db2u (38% 1 bar)
(Overhead) b2u3, b2u3, ji2, f212~db2u (36% meterless)
(Low) b12, b2u3, d2~bf1, b3, ji3, f2~db2u (32% meterless)

Corner damage
(Overhead) b2u3, f23, f23, f23~df2 (MB) f23~db2u (54% 1 bar)
(low) b1~db2u, f21, f21, f23~df2 (MB), f23~db2u (53% 1 bar)

If you want absolute max damage in corner;
ji2, 111~db2u, f23, f23~db2u, df2 (MB), f23~db2u (62%) but good luck with that as it's hella hard to link.

The midscreen ones are max damage.

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
They've been posted multiple times but here are the ones that I use (some not max but pretty close to and much easier execution)

Midscreen reset
(overhead) b2u3, b2u3, d2~bf1, ji2, 111 (28%)
(low) b12, b2u3, d2~bf1, ji2, 111 (26%)
(overhead) b2u3, b2u3, ji2, df2 (MB), d2~bf1, ji2, 111 (35% 1 bar)
(low) b12, f23~df2 (MB), d2~bf1, ji2, 111 (34% 1 bar)

Midscreen Damage
(Overhead) b2u3, ji2, f23~df2 (MB), 212~db2u (42% 1 bar)
(Low) b12, f23~df2 (MB), 212~db2u (38% 1 bar)
(Overhead) b2u3, b2u3, ji2, f212~db2u (36% meterless)
(Low) b12, b2u3, d2~bf1, b3, ji3, f2~db2u (32% meterless)

Corner damage
(Overhead) b2u3, f23, f23, f23~df2 (MB) f23~db2u (54% 1 bar)
(low) b1~db2u, f21, f21, f23~df2 (MB), f23~db2u (53% 1 bar)

If you want absolute max damage in corner;
ji2, 111~db2u, f23, f23~db2u, df2 (MB), f23~db2u (62%) but good luck with that as it's hella hard to link.

The midscreen ones are max damage.
<3

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
So what're Batgirl's worst match-ups (I get very little MU experience except for Aquaman, Batman and GA so I wouldn't know)? I still need a secondary, not sure who to go with.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So what're Batgirl's worst match-ups (I get very little MU experience except for Aquaman, Batman and GA so I wouldn't know)? I still need a secondary, not sure who to go with.
(IMO) Aquaman, Nightwing and Doomsday.

Aquaman is by far her hardest MU. I say it's 7-3 but others argue it's a 6-4.

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
is it just me or is this character so dumb that she can take 100% just because you guess wrong? no meter remember

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
is it just me or is this character so dumb that she can take 100% just because you guess wrong? no meter remember
Yeah, there's a match in SS grandfinals where I took a Superman's entire lifebar from the get go. I did pop in meter though.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Hey guys, I play Batgirl a lot but I don't really lurk in the BG forums that often. Is it known that BG can d3 Martian Manhunters wake-up push at close range to make it whiff and punish with standing 1 or d1? People were talking about how Wonder Woman could do it so I checked it out with Batgirl since her hitbox lowers a lot as well.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Hey guys, I play Batgirl a lot but I don't really lurk in the BG forums that often. Is it known that BG can d3 Martian Manhunters wake-up push at close range to make it whiff and punish with standing 1 or d1? People were talking about how Wonder Woman could do it so I checked it out with Batgirl since her hitbox lowers a lot as well.

I usually just MB f3 through it if I think they're gonna wakeup, but this is nice! Cheers :)

RiBBz22

How are you guys playing the Aquaman MU? Any tricks for getting past the trait and getting him into vortex? I feel like you have to hit AM like 50 times in this MU compared to his 5...

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
How are you guys playing the Aquaman MU? Any tricks for getting past the trait and getting him into vortex? I feel like you have to hit AM like 50 times in this MU compared to his 5...
When he's in bola and traits up, dash up and do one of 3 options;

iaj3
d3
grab

All lead to a knockdown and allow you to exert oki pressure while AM wastes his trait. The fact that it takes forever now to come back does help this MU quite a bit actually. Everything AM does is unsafe. It's just trait that makes it safe. Use your 1 hit launchers. They are f3, b3, j3 and df2. I think you can actually punish scoop with df2 (MB) into vortex (assuming he wastes trait after scoop). Go for max damage combos all the time. The reset rarely works. You have to be very mindful of his trait, its regen time and when he last used it. Try and push him to the corner and cartwheel into combo. Be super careful of your spacing. His b1 has annoying range but if you bait it you can punish him yourself with your own b1. Make him afraid to anti-air you. Bait it out and teleport. When you get free jump ins that's when the fun starts. ji3 is a free 50/50 every time it connects.

RiBBz22

When he's in bola and traits up, dash up and do one of 3 options;

iaj3
d3
grab

All lead to a knockdown and allow you to exert oki pressure while AM wastes his trait. The fact that it takes forever now to come back does help this MU quite a bit actually. Everything AM does is unsafe. It's just trait that makes it safe. Use your 1 hit launchers. They are f3, b3, j3 and df2. I think you can actually punish scoop with df2 (MB) into vortex (assuming he wastes trait after scoop). Go for max damage combos all the time. The reset rarely works. You have to be very mindful of his trait, its regen time and when he last used it. Try and push him to the corner and cartwheel into combo. Be super careful of your spacing. His b1 has annoying range but if you bait it you can punish him yourself with your own b1. Make him afraid to anti-air you. Bait it out and teleport. When you get free jump ins that's when the fun starts. ji3 is a free 50/50 every time it connects.
Yeah I usually grab, d3, or sometimes 111 db2U in chip stance to try to get some block advantage. I haven't really thought about doing instant J3, I don't know why. I normally play the AM match with Frost, but I played a set last night with BG and I think after a bola my opponent would just trait and hold down to back while hitting throw to tech so it would cover all options. J3 will be good to mix in since there would be no way to cover everything. Thanks for the help.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Here's a good safe jump setup for batgirl, basically you end any bola combo in F2 xx Bat Evade 3 and then do instant Jump 3

works on most wakeups

Reactions: rpg

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Here's a good safe jump setup for batgirl, basically you end any bola combo in F2 xx Bat Evade 3 and then do instant Jump 3

works on most wakeups
I see what you mean by the advantages at the end, but you still risk giving them a free out of the vortex. This won't work against any char with a safe wakeup. It's often easier and just better to go for the straight vortex setup.

The only time I go for db33 is in the corner because a simple dash forward reverses their wake ups.

Also, I think 111, db33 is the more damaging ender (or does it stuff up positioning for the ji?)

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I see what you mean by the advantages at the end, but you still risk giving them a free out of the vortex. This won't work against any char with a safe wakeup. It's often easier and just better to go for the straight vortex setup.

The only time I go for db33 is in the corner because a simple dash forward reverses their wake ups.

Also, I think 111, db33 is the more damaging ender (or does it stuff up positioning for the ji?)
messes up the timing for the jump in 3