What's new

"I'm a Real Pain in the @%# huh?" - Batgirl General Discussion Thread

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
@SonicFox5000 what was the cross up stuff you were doing with Bab's DP? Some people were telling me about it but I didn't get a chance to see it.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
I have the most broken tech in the entire game with BG. Only those at off stream tourny saw it. I will reveal when I hit it consistently

RiBBz22

After bola, whiff a normal, dash up and df2.

He also did this dive kick stuff with db33 in the corner against Brady.

@SonicFox5000 tech dump please?
Dive kick doesn't cross up in the corner though, if you do it early after one you just whiff it on the other side I am almost positive. Thanks for the info on the bola though I didn't know that.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
Dive kick doesn't cross up in the corner though, if you do it early after one you just whiff it on the other side I am almost positive. Thanks for the info on the bola though I didn't know that.
No the divekick crossed up. I can choose to make it crossup or mot

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I have the most broken tech in the entire game with BG. Only those at off stream tourny saw it. I will reveal when I hit it consistently
Please please please release it ._. Argh, I'm so hype lol and just wanna hit training mode lol.

Also, been messing with that cross up df2 setup and although it hits the other side, it is a mid so can still be blocked by holding down :(. It's not really an extra mixup (still only have to guess to block low or overhead) but still super cool nonetheless lol. =D

RiBBz22

Please please please release it ._. Argh, I'm so hype lol and just wanna hit training mode lol.

Also, been messing with that cross up df2 setup and although it hits the other side, it is a mid so can still be blocked by holding down :(. It's not really an extra mixup (still only have to guess to block low or overhead) but still super cool nonetheless lol. =D
Yeah I was messing with it last night, I don't get it to come out every time yet...but I do get it quite a bit now by whiffing standing 2 dash in close and cancel the forward dash into df2 while the bola animation is ending. I honestly wasn't even thinking about holding down to cover that option because I was just focused on doing it. Yeah I probably won't use it now, but it is swag as all hell.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Yeah I was messing with it last night, I don't get it to come out every time yet...but I do get it quite a bit now by whiffing standing 2 dash in close and cancel the forward dash into df2 while the bola animation is ending. I honestly wasn't even thinking about holding down to cover that option because I was just focused on doing it. Yeah I probably won't use it now, but it is swag as all hell.
It also doesn't work against small hitbox characters (Zatanna, KF, BG, CW) as consistently as with larger ones.

RiBBz22

It also doesn't work against small hitbox characters (Zatanna, KF, BG, CW) as consistently as with larger ones.
OK, I was using BG as the dummy so I will mess with it the other way just for the luls I guess.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Hey guys, after watching SonicFox's awesome performance in Winter Brawl I have been inspired to try out Batgirl as a potential secondary character (behind main WW). I have just started reading through the forums and there is some great information so learning a lot about her play. Keep up the good work and I hope to gain some success with this character :)

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Hey guys started playing Batgirl recently and have been labbing with her recently. Has anyone tried ending the vortex with 12b2 instead of 111? I found out after a 12b2 midscreen you can dash up twice and then either go for a cross up df2, b2 if you think they are going to block down to block the df2, or mb b3 of f3 if you think they are going to wakeup. What's your guy's take on this? Interesting or am I slow as fuck lol.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Hey guys started playing Batgirl recently and have been labbing with her recently. Has anyone tried ending the vortex with 12b2 instead of 111? I found out after a 12b2 midscreen you can dash up twice and then either go for a cross up df2, b2 if you think they are going to block down to block the df2, or mb b3 of f3 if you think they are going to wakeup. What's your guy's take on this? Interesting or am I slow as fuck lol.
111 is just better. You take away their option to wakeup and you dont waste meter to do it. Not to mention several wakeups beat out MB b/f3. This isn't really the same situation as KF's hard knockdown mixup after u3, because BG already h a proper meterless vortex and this doesn't provide any new options (although you can dash o twice nj and I think j2 hits crossup)

The only time I use 12b2 is against traited AM and then I mix it up with 12b2 and 12b3.

Cross up df2 isn't really a thing anyways. You either block low and avoid the low and df2 or you block overhead and avoid the overhead. Both the low and overhead lead to more damage than df2 and don't require meter. It's also not safe on block (like the other two options are). There is literally no reason to use it.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
Maybe every once in a while but why wouldnt you just take the standing reset and not give the opportunity to wake up? Another thing I recently started doing is I go for full combo more often instead of vortex now and I noticed I do way better. Plus most of her combos take you to the corner which is what I like :)

RiBBz22

Don't over complicate things IMO. Just use 111 or b2d3 for the advantage. Sometimes I will use the 12b2 and 12b3 strings for cross up stuff but mostly off some interactable/corner setups or against Aquaman

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Quick question guys, whats the point in ending with b2d3 over 111? doesn't it net less overall damage albeit slightly?
Ambiguous crossup ji2's after it. It's the one I use all the time. 1% less damage but 8 more frames of hit advantage

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Ambiguous crossup ji2's after it. It's the one I use all the time. 1% less damage but 8 more frames of hit advantage
It's not ambiguous. It always hits front on and can be pushblocked (= free out of vortex). Also, j2, b1 and j2, b2 are not frame traps. They can be poked out of. People just aren't accustmed to doing it yet.