What's new

"I'm a Real Pain in the @%# huh?" - Batgirl General Discussion Thread

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Here's a good safe jump setup for batgirl, basically you end any bola combo in F2 xx Bat Evade 3 and then do instant Jump 3

works on most wakeups
I tried this in some friendlies and then almost immediately realised why this is a bad idea. They just push block the ji3 and get a free out of the vortex :(

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I tried this in some friendlies and then almost immediately realised why this is a bad idea. They just push block the ji3 and get a free out of the vortex :(
Ha, that is funny I was just going to respond that it allows for push blocking. I was going to say it is similar to Killer Frost's corner vortex where you can do a standing 3 on block to be +15 and go into another 50-50, but you have to be careful and mix it in since it can be push blocked.

RiBBz22

Off a jump setup in the corner what do you guys think about doing a jump in b1 MB f3 (bounce cancel) sometimes just as a wrinkle to the corner game? Too slow, or do you guys think it may be good to mix in from time to time? Obviously the point is that if they block low they might get hit by the overhead and if they block high they obviously get combo'd and still take high damage even though we use a lot of meter.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Off a jump setup in the corner what do you guys think about doing a jump in b1 MB f3 (bounce cancel) sometimes just as a wrinkle to the corner game? Too slow, or do you guys think it may be good to mix in from time to time? Obviously the point is that if they block low they might get hit by the overhead and if they block high they obviously get combo'd and still take high damage even though we use a lot of meter.
Yeah, I sometimes do that. Also b2d3~dfMB. It catches quite a few people off guard if they haven't seen it before and it's 58% damage (although it costs 3 bars).

With the damage boost on MB B/F 3's... Using bounce cancels after B1 or B2D3 is kinda worth it. It still all combos, It's an added layer of mixup (although easy to block once they know to look, you kinda glow), and get's the damage way up there.

But the best part? That on block you're at +5 which gives you room to continue your offense/pressure without having to be D1 checked.

Although it's been a little bit since I've had this blocked in the corner... are you in D1 range?

B1/B2 is if you're opponent isn't exactly jab happy.

RiBBz22

With the damage boost on MB B/F 3's... Using bounce cancels after B1 or B2D3 is kinda worth it. It still all combos, It's an added layer of mixup (although easy to block once they know to look, you kinda glow), and get's the damage way up there.

But the best part? That on block you're at +5 which gives you room to continue your offense/pressure without having to be D1 checked.

Although it's been a little bit since I've had this blocked in the corner... are you in D1 range?

B1/B2 is if you're opponent isn't exactly jab happy.
No you are just outside of d1 range unfortunately. Would be sweet if you could combo into another d1 cartwheel and hit confirm into more corner damage! I have been mixing it in more often now since Batgirl tends to have meter available. It is a mega mind-f*** in corner pressure. I pretty much will just do it off b2d3 now since almost no one blocks it even though the startup is pretty large. IMO it is an excellent match ender if you are in the corner and your opponent has used their wager.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I notice that there's not a whole lot of discussion going on in these forums.

I know that most people believe that all you have to do is LOL vortex and win, but...

I think Babs can have some problems opening some characters up and defending herself from some characters.

For example, against Nightwing Staff Stance pressure, I feel like Babs has no real good answer. Once NW switches to staff, he can play very defensively and shut Babs down before she can get started.

So...ummmm...yeah. I'm not a great Batgirl by any means, but let's talk about this stuff, yeah?

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I notice that there's not a whole lot of discussion going on in these forums.

I know that most people believe that all you have to do is LOL vortex and win, but...

I think Babs can have some problems opening some characters up and defending herself from some characters.

For example, against Nightwing Staff Stance pressure, I feel like Babs has no real good answer. Once NW switches to staff, he can play very defensively and shut Babs down before she can get started.

So...ummmm...yeah. I'm not a great Batgirl by any means, but let's talk about this stuff, yeah?
Up close with staff or full screen? I'm trying to visualize where in particular she would struggle against him in staff stance. Idk...pushblock one of his 500 d1's and then either jump in or spam the bolas/batarangs and see what you get. Staff pound happy? Teleport. If he blocks a lot? just keep doing the special over and over until he stops blocking. XD Also her vortex is kind bull, I mean once she starts it it's a guessing game whether the person is playing defensively or not. Pushblock is great and all until you guess wrong.

Last edited:
DF2 is a great answer for Flying Grayson. You can hit them coming at you or you throw it out once it's blocked. We all know NW players like to press buttons.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
If nightwibg is in staff stance fullscreen, keep bola-ing him. He HAS to switch stancesto avoid getting hit by these or he will trade with pound, waste meter, and you get a full combo. When he gets in. Be ready to mash reversal flying bat when hes poking. Other than that, mu is 6-4 BG.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
If nightwibg is in staff stance fullscreen, keep bola-ing him. He HAS to switch stancesto avoid getting hit by these or he will trade with pound, waste meter, and you get a full combo. When he gets in. Be ready to mash reversal flying bat when hes poking. Other than that, mu is 6-4 BG.

SonicFox5000

The Best.

Rude

If I'm not mistaken, isn't NW at advantage from staff d1? Could be stuff flying bat?

And is flying bat her best defensive option?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
If I'm not mistaken, isn't NW at advantage from staff d1? Could be stuff flying bat?

And is flying bat her best defensive option?
Flying bat is her fastest 'poke'. I dunno about throwing it out against d1 pressure since d1 is +. Look for the gap or wait till he puts you out of d1 range then df2.

Sonicfox is right about the bolas though. Keep chucking them out. I wouldn't go so far as to say 6-4 batgirl, it seems more seems fair to me than that. This used to be one of the MUs people (me included) said was advantage NW but I've grown to appreciate all babs has to offer in this MU.

Rude

I'm not talking about Flying Grayson. I'm talking about Staff pressure, in general. His d1 in staff leaves him at +1 or so.

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
Thanks. I wasn't sure.
Im a NW and Batgirl main

its Like fox says just bola him

if you trade its in your favor cause you get a bola

I main NW and babs is my 2nd, the key to beating staff up close (if you let it happen) is to be patience.

DO NOT FEAR GP WITH BABS lol, if a nw dose s1,f1 he has 2 options. staf spin or GP. GP IS NOT garented after s1,f1 you can jab him easily on reaction to gp. staff spin however is.

staff spin is -5 on block. no Punish but you can back dash, walk back, bat evade or nj.

after staff spin MB, just walk back or back dash and he will wiff midscreene(if its a smart NW they can read the back dash and FG, smart NW players HATE random FG and wont risk it)

Do not be afraid of flying grayson, it can be d2'ed he has no armor and can be poked out of it.

NW is my Mane if anyone has questions on how to beat his gimix don't be afraid to ask :D lol I always beat nw as babs

Last edited: