What's new

"I'm a Real Pain in the @%# huh?" - Batgirl General Discussion Thread

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
It's not ambiguous. It always hits front on and can be pushblocked (= free out of vortex). Also, j2, b1 and j2, b2 are not frame traps. They can be poked out of. People just aren't accustmed to doing it yet.
If you time the j2 late enough and they don't move it crosses up, I wouldn't just say it if I didn't use it myself. Sometimes people assume it'll cross up and they block the other way

Why bring up frame traps? No one mentioned them either lol. Obviously none of them are and you can backdash most things after a j2, PL made a video on it.

Also, congrats on 3rd in your competiton btw!

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
I don't agree with going for crossups and giving my opponent a chance to get out. Hold this vortex, overhead or low.
Also, we need to use j3 more instead of j2 so we can't get poked out. If they block a j3 they have to guess overhead or low and can't poke out. The frame advantage is ridiculous. I also like to go for throws here too. If the j3 hits you can hit confirm to MB uppercut.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
If you time the j2 late enough and they don't move it crosses up, I wouldn't just say it if I didn't use it myself. Sometimes people assume it'll cross up and they block the other way

Why bring up frame traps? No one mentioned them either lol. Obviously none of them are and you can backdash most things after a j2, PL made a video on it.

Also, congrats on 3rd in your competiton btw!
If they block back it won't crossup. Which is what they'll do as soon as they see you jump.

No, what I'm saying is you block the j2 and then you punish. j2, b2 and j2, b1 don't jail. Once you block a j2 you can poke out; BG doesn't get a vortex attempt off j2.

Also, thanks but I played really badly. Gotta work on sharpening my execution.

I don't agree with going for crossups and giving my opponent a chance to get out. Hold this vortex, overhead or low.
Also, we need to use j3 more instead of j2 so we can't get poked out. If they block a j3 they have to guess overhead or low and can't poke out. The frame advantage is ridiculous. I also like to go for throws here too. If the j3 hits you can hit confirm to MB uppercut.
I don't really use j2 at all. j3 is far superior. Also, j3 on hit is confirmable into df2(MB) for vortex. The problem with j3, throw is that her grab range is so shit it sometimes whiffs after the pushback.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
If they block back it won't crossup. Which is what they'll do as soon as they see you jump.

No, what I'm saying is you block the j2 and then you punish. j2, b2 and j2, b1 don't jail. Once you block a j2 you can poke out; BG doesn't get a vortex attempt off j2.

Also, thanks but I played really badly. Gotta work on sharpening my execution.

I don't really use j2 at all. j3 is far superior. Also, j3 on hit is confirmable into df2(MB) for vortex. The problem with j3, throw is that her grab range is so shit it sometimes whiffs after the pushback.
Yeah j3 is good, but I use j2 until someone makes me stop

MrSoloLobo

Also another thing we can do is if we see that they poke out after j2 - b1 or j2- b2 we can do j2 - f21 bf3 combo. The f2 is faster than any d1 poke and will blow them up.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Also another thing we can do is if we see that they poke out after j2 - b1 or j2- b2 we can do j2 - f21 bf3 combo. The f2 is faster than any d1 poke and will blow them up.
True. My comment was mainly about using j2 in vortex after b2d3. If I play a BG who does that, I'm just gonna pushblock and say thank you for my free out.

MrSoloLobo

True. My comment was mainly about using j2 in vortex after b2d3. If I play a BG who does that, I'm just gonna pushblock and say thank you for my free out.
Oh I know you were talking about that but I was talking just in general. Pretty much every batgirl I run into online does j2 b1 or j2 b2 all day. So just trying to help others

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
(overhead) b2u3, ji2, f23~df2(MB), d2~bf1, ji2, 111 38%

I cant land bf1 after d2 in this combo, it always whiff :c help

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
(overhead) b2u3, ji2, f23~df2(MB), d2~bf1, ji2, 111 38%

I cant land bf1 after d2 in this combo, it always whiff :c help
This is a very tight combo, try doing it but omitting the first ji2 (i.e. b2u3, f23) hold forward after the b2u3 and delay the f23 so that df2 connects.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
This is a very tight combo, try doing it but omitting the first ji2 (i.e. b2u3, f23) hold forward after the b2u3 and delay the f23 so that df2 connects.
but I dont have any trouble landing ji2 or connecting df2 , I just cant land bola after d2 in this combo

RiBBz22

So here is a nifty little ambiguous cross up that you can do mid-screen after landing a 12b2. Dash in, then slight walk backwards then j2. Also works with j1 and j3. It'll get beat out by good wakeups. The timing for the j1/j3 is a bit different.

@RiBBz22
@Pan1cMode
@SonicFox5000
@Youphemism
Cool, more setups are never a bad thing, and it is nice that 12b2 ends with an overhead so you can change it up and do 12b3 for another mixup into a setup. Maybe good in the Aquaman MU also? I usually just go for max damage in that MU instead of setups atm.

RiBBz22

The only "tool" of hers I don't use much is db32. I'm convinced it was invented to troll BG players.
Yeah it is terrible. I tried to convince myself I could use this as a good to avoid charging moves...by doing the evade and keeping yourself in the air a while...but that is just a bill because the recovery is so bad there is no chance to get anything off it.

Youphemism

The only "tool" of hers I don't use much is db32. I'm convinced it was invented to troll BG players.
Yeah it is terrible. I tried to convince myself I could use this as a good to avoid charging moves...by doing the evade and keeping yourself in the air a while...but that is just a bill because the recovery is so bad there is no chance to get anything off it.
What are you guys talking about?! It's her best tool! I'm surprised people don't complain about it and cry for nerfs, it's super OP! :DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE

Youphemism

So here is a nifty little ambiguous cross up that you can do mid-screen after landing a 12b2. Dash in, then slight walk backwards then j2. Also works with j1 and j3. It'll get beat out by good wakeups. The timing for the j1/j3 is a bit different.
I do something similar with this after b2d3 at the end of a vortex combo, after the b2d3 I'll either do a jump-in attack which doesn't crossup and gives me a free combo or offensive option (which works probably once on some opponents because most of the time they'll assume the only reason I have to jump after a combo that leaves them near is for a crossup so they'll block the other way) or an empty jump to mess with them and keep them defensive rather than offensive and use one of my options from there (ie b1, b2, throw, etc)

If that makes sense...

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Cool, more setups are never a bad thing, and it is nice that 12b2 ends with an overhead so you can change it up and do 12b3 for another mixup into a setup. Maybe good in the Aquaman MU also? I usually just go for max damage in that MU instead of setups atm.
I think it's a nice little way to get your offense going in general. It's easier to hit them with 12b3 or 12b2 than b1/b2 in neutral because it jails off j2 and it's much faster. After that, you could use this to cross them up and start the usual vortex. It is good against Aquaman due to his poor wake ups and he can't trait out so it's almost a mini vortex on him. However, some characters can blow this up with wake ups. I haven't done a ton of testing but I believe a meaty j3 could stuff some of those wake ups.