What's new

"I'm a Real Pain in the @%# huh?" - Batgirl General Discussion Thread

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Lets get this straight and this is not pertaining to you or anybody else.
BG has no bad matchups. Private message me and Ill explain every "bad" mu.
The only 2 I need convincing on are MMH and Batman, otherwise I believe it's possible for the rest to be even or good MU's.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
The only 2 I need convincing on are MMH and Batman, otherwise I believe it's possible for the rest to be even or good MU's.
MMH vs Bg is 5-5 and so is batman. Have you not seen any footage of me vs Darth arma? Or my matches against king in team tourneys?!

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
MMH vs Bg is 5-5 and so is batman. Have you not seen any footage of me vs Darth arma? Or my matches against king in team tourneys?!
I think I saw the Arma match in tournament (right?) but I don't think I saw the King matches. Link?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Absolutely no offense is meant to you or to those you played, but you did get away with so much in those matches. Not once did I see them punish your blocked overhead vortex starter and they let you wake up for free when they should be stuffing shit up. It seemed like they didn't know the BG MU all that well or what their options were against certain moves.

I find it kinda hard to see these two MUs in particular as even.

Last edited:

SOLEdier

IHideBehindIceClones
To do the Flying Bat crossover midscreen what is the way to do it consistently? I can do it a few times, but sometimes it doesnt cross up. Is there a trick to it?

I normally do the B12, D2, Bola, 1 (for frames) then dash flying bat.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
To do the Flying Bat crossover midscreen what is the way to do it consistently? I can do it a few times, but sometimes it doesnt cross up. Is there a trick to it?

Huh, I've never used that setup, might mess about with it tomorrow. You can do 12b3 or 12b2 (which I think are hard knockdowns) and do a certain number of dashes before doing flying bat and it crosses up as they get up. I think it's 1 for 12b3 and 3 for 12b2 but test this as I may be recalling this wrongly.

SOLEdier

IHideBehindIceClones
Huh, I've never used that setup, might mess about with it tomorrow. You can do 12b3 or 12b2 (which I think are hard knockdowns) and do a certain number of dashes before doing flying bat and it crosses up as they get up. I think it's 1 for 12b3 and 3 for 12b2 but test this as I may be recalling this wrongly.
The one I normally do is like this one. It starts at 0:10

I have a hard time doing it consistently. Is there a way to improve my odds?

Youphemism

The one I normally do is like this one. It starts at 0:10

I have a hard time doing it consistently. Is there a way to improve my odds?
Ah ok you whiff the 1, you didn't say that. Yeah everyone knows about that. It's not too hard to time, just look at Batgirl when you throw the bola and whiff the 1 as soon as the recovery from the bola ends.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy

Whiff the 1, double dash into them, then flying bat.

SOLEdier

IHideBehindIceClones
Whiff the 1, double dash into them, then flying bat.

Yeah, I do whiff the 1. So does double dashing improve the chances for the crossover? I normally did just one dash and I was able to not crossover most of the time with one dash.

Youphemism

Yeah, I do whiff the 1. So does double dashing improve the chances for the crossover? I normally did just one dash and I was able to not crossover most of the time with one dash.
Yeah double dashing pretty much ensures the flying bat will cross up

Youphemism

i use Zod....and i hate fighting this 50/50 spamming piece of shit :I
Yeah you need to get trait out basically. Whip it out right in front of her. Show her what you're packing in your Phantom Zone. Slap her across the back of the head with it. Get her to kneel before it....

And tread carefully with your zoning of course.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
@SonicFox5000 okay have many months of struggling with batgirl I still haven't found the success I want. Anyone can do a 50/50. (Which I a super common misconception about batgirl) she way more than that.

But my issue is in the neutral. Like what are her main tools. What do I want to make my opponent do? How should I condition them?