What's new

Ideas for changes to Supergirl

It would be pretty weird to teleport in the range where pokes would be used, don't you think? And if people were doing something like throwing projectiles then the high teleport works well enough for that. Another thing, I don't think supergirl's teleport should even be as big as an issue as people are making it. As someone mentioned, her frames are what makes or breaks her. And right now they are breaking her.
Not really, players use dive kicks and teles all the time to punish stray buttons especially because usually they are far traveling relatively quick hits. Plus what about characters with crouching zoning attacks? Her tele isn't her most important tool for sure but I think that getting rid of the gimmick would make her a much more reliable character

Your point(s) are invalid and they have been covored since page 1,2,3 and the rest, by Juggs, CrimsonShadow, me and rest of the SG mains and ppl who actually knows her toolset and MUs in the first place. Nothing you suggested makes any sense nor can be taken seriously. All you did was coming back with more and more cringe worthy replies, including the one where you bitch about bad people getting hit in neutral without pressing buttons. And whats worse - adding "WiFi" connection excuse on top of that as if that has anything to do with the character itself lol. It's not like offline matters aswell, no no.

P.S. Look at any decent SG player doing TP in neutral (or even trying to "mix" with it in between the strings, lmao) and direct me to that footage. Since it's such a great tool I bet you'll find tons footage of Scar/Sonic/Shujinkydink/whatever doing random TPs on opponents who don't press buttons in neutral. Go for it.
Jesus Christ bro you're like a fucking broken record. How many times do I have to say this to get it through your thick skull. The overhead tele is NOT a mixup, I've said this so many times, it is useless currently in competitive play (like YOU said) and it needs to be changed. This doesn't mean that people online (that usually have shit connection) don't go for yolo ex tele (like I've said I'm sure you do since you are so defensive of it).
Again you have yet to actually talk about my point and I have not seen anyone of your rescuers directly address my point and still disagree with it.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
I've said this so many times, it is useless currently in competitive play and it needs to be changed.
Right. Then why is it then you cry about it being overhead to start with? Why do you keep telling us and crying about getting hit by it in neutral and adding Wi-Fi excuse on top that?

Since it's so hard for you to actually take a look at previous pages of this thread and realize what I mean when I said:
@Basic Stupidity no reason for me to re-write the same stuff Shazy did here.
I'll just leave it here as simple response why changing her TP into mid is one of the worst ideas you can come up with.

teleport is a wannabe read like puddle or ftd so it wouldn't change anything. Check a good Supergirl gameplay like this https://www.twitch.tv/videos/152960426 (30 minutes of sg mirror, interesting how many times they need to connect to deplete a single life bar) and tell me how much the overhead is mattering... zero... it's used as a countermove/read so being mid would have not changed anything... but
A "BOOM" sound starts like 0,5 seconds before the actual hit. Even online with 100/150ms it leaves you enough time to react by simply pressing forward (that will turn into back), block any version of the teleport and proceed for a full punish to do, usually, twice her 1 bar bnb combo damage.
Her teleport is trash versus any half decent player (with sound on LOL).
The oh to mid would be a pointless change cause if you can press down you can press forward/back too.
changing to be mid would be pointless, but if you are just throwing out random teleports when your opponent is doing nothing then you are using it wrong
if you get hit by SG's teleport at this point while you aren't pressing buttons, you're pretty horrible and have old man reactions. It has 35 frames of startup and is insanely negative on block. I can't even remember the last time I teleported because it's not even good unless the opponent is pressing buttons all game. Even then, not worth even going for it since it's so negative.
Yeah, like changing it to mid would literally not even change anything. Her teleport is ass and I'm fine with that. It only should be used in very very specific situations. Like in 200+ ms connections. ;)
It's not a problem, it just wouldn't make any sense. That's not even a compromise, lmao. You could remove her teleport for all I care. That doesn't solve any issues though, other than lag teleports online which are irrelevant.
Scorpion's teleport is way faster, just try and bait it out and you'll be fine.

"it would also make her player base actually try to use her instead abuse her teleport as if its a mixup with their shitty wifi"

Didn't know your experience represents the whole "SG player base"

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Not really, players use dive kicks and teles all the time to punish stray buttons especially because usually they are far traveling relatively quick hits. Plus what about characters with crouching zoning attacks? Her tele isn't her most important tool for sure but I think that getting rid of the gimmick would make her a much more reliable character
You're not going to be punishing a poke or a 'stray button' with a 35-frame teleport.

And in most cases characters have plenty of time to zone and still block the tele after.

Thinking that her tele punishes projectiles is a sign that you don't play the character.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
You're not going to be punishing a poke or a 'stray button' with a 35-frame teleport.

And in most cases characters have plenty of time to zone and still block the tele after.

Thinking that her tele punishes projectiles is a sign that you don't play the character.
it doesnt "punish" as in reversal projectiles, but does beat them on read

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
so you're saying there IS a difference with Supergirls TP?
Dude really? Why would we make a shitty move that nobody should get hit by unless pressing a button that in and of its self is reactable and has a sound que. this sassolino guy talking about fucking teleport mixups and telling us to use high strings with no range and full combo punishable stings that lead to nothing. No there's not a difference with SG's tele but why would we make it easier for the shit players who are actually bothered by it?

God Confirm

Dude really? Why would we make a shitty move that nobody should get hit by unless pressing a button that in and of its self is reactable and has a sound que. this sassolino guy talking about fucking teleport mixups and telling us to use high strings with no range and full combo punishable stings that lead to nothing. No there's not a difference with SG's tele but why would we make it easier for the shit players who are actually bothered by it?
I'm not saying that at all

I'm asking if thats what you are saying because I'm just spectating but i dont get what you mean

"Lololol let's make all the F3s mid cuz 30 frames is reactable what's the difference lololol"

So you are saying that obviously it makes a difference that F3 is overhead instead of mid, even though its reactable. So are you saying the same about the TP? If not, what's the difference? I'm just looking for some consistency here

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'm not saying that at all

I'm asking if thats what you are saying because I'm just spectating but i dont get what you mean

"Lololol let's make all the F3s mid cuz 30 frames is reactable what's the difference lololol"

So you are saying that obviously it makes a difference that F3 is overhead instead of mid, even though its reactable. So are you saying the same about the TP? If not, what's the difference? I'm just looking for some consistency here
Ok sorry for being a dick. F3s are useful as overheads because there is also the entire rest of the movelist to use and they are safe often plus overhead to check with.

It doesn't matter with tele because it will only be high or OH, it's removed from the rest of the move list. I mainly don't want it to be a mid because I'd hate to appease these fools who get mixup up between a 35 frame high and an OH.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
it doesnt "punish" as in reversal projectiles, but does beat them on read
The problem is the risk outweighs the reward. Especially for regular teleport. Yay I made the right read and did 5 damage. Oh no I read wrong and ate 400 damage. And with MB tele, you're betting 300-400 dmg taken AND a bar of meter all for you making the correct read and getting 280 dmg or so.

With that said, she doesn't even need a teleport anyway. So I don't care if it changes or not. I just think it's a waste to make any changes to it unless the start up is buffed.

God Confirm

The problem is the risk outweighs the reward. Especially for regular teleport. Yay I made the right read and did 5 damage. Oh no I read wrong and ate 400 damage. And with MB tele, you're betting 300-400 dmg taken AND a bar of meter all for you making the correct read and getting 280 dmg or so.

With that said, she doesn't even need a teleport anyway. So I don't care if it changes or not. I just think it's a waste to make any changes to it unless the start up is buffed.
no, you are turning a situation from where you are both neutral, into a situation where you get damage, and get to go into your game after and don't have to deal with his projectiles. The risk reward is against him as well throwing a projectile, if he does it right he chips fuck all damage, if he does it wrong he gets full combo into whatever happens. It's about making smart plays, from both sides. TP is an excellent tool, use it smart.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
no, you are turning a situation from where you are both neutral, into a situation where you get damage, and get to go into your game after and don't have to deal with his projectiles. The risk reward is against him as well throwing a projectile, if he does it right he chips fuck all damage, if he does it wrong he gets full combo into whatever happens. It's about making smart plays, from both sides. TP is an excellent tool, use it smart.
Not really, because you can't react to projectiles with a 35 frame teleport. It has to be a read. So with that in mind, the risk/reward favors the opponent.

His risk is that you might make the right READ in his projectiles, and without meter that's 5 damage taken he's risking, while the reward is him building meter while doing damage and keeping you zoned out.

My risk is making the wrong read, and getting full combo punished (with or without meter, both are -24/-25). While the reward is not letting him get a bit of meter and damage. But he will get even more damage if I'm wrong. The only time it's even a "threat" is if I have meter, but I still have to make the right read and commit to MB. So I'm sacrificing meter, which when it comes to SG, you very rarely have, and risking making the wrong read just so I don't take a little sliver of chip damage.

No matter how you look at it, the risk/reward does not favor going for the teleport. It's inly useful in very very specific situations and of course, in lag/delay. I mean it's pretty easy to bait out the teleport and full combo punish it.

Anyway, with that said, it doesn't really matter. I've already said I wouldn't even care if her teleport was removed completely. The whole "the threat of it is better than the TP itsef is alright", but no good player is afraid of taking 5 damage and they aren't even really concerned with perhaps taking 280 or so if you have meter. Because there goes my only meter and now I can't do anything since she needs meter to do medicore damage AND to be safe. And like I already said, she has an incredibly hard time building meter.

The teleport is a non issue. It's not good enough and I'm okay with that. It doesn't need buffs before her frame data. And if her frame data gets buffed it matters even less. I'd much rather be safe without gaps than the teleport being good. Teleport attacks being good in back to block games is kinda nutty anyway.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Just to put it out there, this was my buff wish list for Supergirl.

- B123 is now -5 on block. Down from -9

- B12 is now -8 on block. Down from -11

**OR**

- Regular Breath is now -8 on block. Down from -20

- Extended Breath is now -5 on block. Down from -18

- MB Breath is now +1 on block. Up from -5

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
you just listed a bunch of characters who are pretty much universally agreed as having too much. They are an excellent example of why she SHOULDN'T have all that shit. She much closer to being balanced with the mid tier than a character like Black Adam or Bats lol, im not saying she isn't undertuned, but you gotta be careful. Don't try to plug all her holes at once IMO
There is a joke there that I am clearly far too adult to make. Cough.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I'm going to be subjective, but

- Increase damage slightly
- Make 212 +3 or 4 on hit
- Lasers recover faster since she has to rely on meter for trait
- B123 go from -9 to -5 on block

Conclusion to the 1st list:
She would remain a high risk character with better rewards with more mixup potential & more reward.

Or they could do the 2nd List:
- B12 go from -11 to -8
- freeze breath (holding version) from -18 to -7/8
- Still 212 to be +3 or 4 on hit advantage
- Laser trait meter build faster

2nd conclusion: This list would make her still a risky character, but with more reliable safe options to cancel into with out doing big damage AND build meter/chip damage.

Right. Then why is it then you cry about it being overhead to start with? Why do you keep telling us and crying about getting hit by it in neutral and adding Wi-Fi excuse on top that?

Since it's so hard for you to actually take a look at previous pages of this thread and realize what I mean when I said:

I'll just leave it here as simple response why changing her TP into mid is one of the worst ideas you can come up with.

"it would also make her player base actually try to use her instead abuse her teleport as if its a mixup with their shitty wifi"

Didn't know your experience represents the whole "SG player base"
none of these gave a reasonable explanation why making her regular tele a mid would be useless and making the ex faster would be useless. Juggs said if your opponent is pressing buttons all game you can use the tele, but it wont catch many button presses if its a high and so making it a mid would guarantee the hit. Also no one addressed the fact that if the ex tele was made a mid it could be sped up to make it much faster

First of all there were plenty of other players here that said the tele is for punishing zoning. Also, if the overhead was removed it could be sped up since you no longer have to react appropriately. Plus, a 35 frame tele is not that bad if your are punishing full screen anyways

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
The only reasoning people are giving for tele staying overhead is

"duuude you must be so baahd if you can't block it! wtf lololol"

Sorry but that's not any sort of reasoning.. Why are you all so insistent to keep it when people on the other side have offered to trade it for all your issues with the character to be fixed?

You've been offered no gaps on your stings and even a faster ex launching teleport, yet you wouldn't trade all those things for a mid tele even though the overhead is supposed to be "sooo baahd" as you all keep reiterating. You remain adamant that it's so easy to block so again i'll say, why are you so desperate to keep it if it's so shit as you're all saying, when in trade you'd get everything you want out of the character.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
The only reasoning people are giving for tele staying overhead is

"duuude you must be so baahd if you can't block it! wtf lololol"

Sorry but that's not any sort of reasoning.. Why are you all so insistent to keep it when people on the other side have offered to trade it for all your issues with the character to be fixed?
I don't understand why people who aren't good enough to block a 35-frame teleport think they're in some kind of position to offer a 'trade'.. Or even to weigh in on a discussion of character balance.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
I don't understand why people who aren't good enough to block a 35-frame teleport think they're in some kind of position to offer a 'trade'.. Or even to weigh in on a discussion of character balance.
I have no problem blocking it, free punish for me outside of online yolo lag teleports. I'm asking why you'd rather have the overhead tele than all your character issues to be fixed. I'm genuinely curious, cause you're making zero sense to me.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I have no problem blocking it, free punish for me outside of online yolo lag teleports. I'm asking why you'd rather have the overhead tele than all your character issues to be fixed. Makes zero sense.
Last I checked, this is not a tradeoff that represents any kind of reality.

It's not an "either or" situation. And NRS isn't going to weaken her teleport on behalf of people who don't know how to play the game.

This discussion is literally just wasting space in the thread for no apparent benefit.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Last I checked, this is not a tradeoff that represents any kind of reality.

It's not an "either or" situation. And NRS isn't going to weaken her teleport on behalf of people who don't know how to play the game.
I'm not saying they are, i'm talking hypothetically as this entire thread is. Almost no supergirl main is willing to trade it, I ask again why is that?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I'm not saying they are, i'm talking hypothetically as this entire thread is. Almost no supergirl main is willing to trade it, I ask again why is that?
Why would Supergirl mains "trade" anything involving a teleport that's already easy to deal with? Why is this even being proposed

Again, this has nothing to do with reality and it's needlessly cluttering the thread. This is not related to any actual balance discussion.

What are we discussing? Who's exactly making that ''deal''? Nrs or random online users with highly debatable opinions? As i've already pointed out, if a nrs developer comes here and makes the deal i can bet on the fact that any supergirl main will gladly accept. Without that exact offer there's no reason to change the teleport or even discussing about it, it's a pointless change as explained by many users. These guys are the same that would eat 100% damage by 50/50s in mkx in the corner.
Except my friend Sassolino that's playing without sound and that changes a lot, i was playing a spamming Supergirl before and had to stop music to properly react to teles.

Btw this is a fixing thread, not a ''let's remove random features cause noobs can't react on laggy games'', those arguments are utter trash and the topic should be cleaned or something.
This should be a discussion about actual fixes, gaps are making the pg slightly bad so it's ok to fix em. Frame data? Not sure, have to be careful with the buff values cause better frames can make the character easily broken if the top10 gets nerfed.

ps: i don't play Supergirl but i've an huge experience with the match up.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Why would Supergirl mains "trade" anything involving a teleport that's already easy to deal with? Why is this even being proposed

Again, this has nothing to do with reality and it's needlessly cluttering the thread. This is not related to any actual balance discussion.
If it's so easy to deal with and your character buffs are SO important then just admit it's worth the trade, else this thread will drag on and on.None of this thread has anything to do with reality, why exclude this one proposal people have made as unrealistic when this entire thread is people's opinions.

You have to fight logic with logic, ignorance and petty insults will just drag it on and again you're dodging the question, the same question has come on every page, why are you so desperate to keep overhead teleport if it's so baahd if in trade you get everything you want out of the character. And don't come back to me with oh, you're cluttering the thread, or being annoying as you usually do, someone else will just take my place once I go to bed and it will drag on. Just answer the question for Pete's sake!! ^^