What's new

Ideas for changes to Supergirl

myri

Time Warrior
So we all know that Supergirl is a pretty decent character all things considered but has a few slight problems that I think will solidify her as a balanced character. We all know that she has probably the best all around toolset in the game potentially so the changes I think she needs are pretty small really.

- Remove the ability to poke in between Supergirl's string into ice breath on block if you have a fast normal like a 6 frame down 1.

- b1 changed to -3 on block from -9.

- b12 changed to -5 on block from -11.

- Slightly reduce the damage scaling on combos involving the meterburn ice breath.

That's pretty much it, nothing too huge. The changes to ice breath are just quality of life stuff that should clearly be resolved, Supergirl's damage for a bar off the meterburn ice breath is disgustingly bad especially considering it's her main combo starter. b1 and b12 currently are pretty horrible for staggers into throws or another b1 and such.

So yeah... have at it I suppose.

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
These are some pretty realistic changes even tho I think they might have to nerf her a little in some other aspects to be honest like the speed or frame advantage of her lasers but that's just my opinion.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
just make the gaps go away, make b123 safe, and B2 1+3 does not need to to be -35 or whatever

These are some pretty realistic changes even tho I think they might have to nerf her a little in some other aspects to be honest like the speed or frame advantage of her lasers but that's just my opinion.
whats wrong with laser framers theyre not even a pressure tool because 1. they dont jail and 2. theyre - on block lul

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
just make the gaps go away, make b123 safe, and B2 1+3 does not need to to be -35 or whatever

whats wrong with laser framers theyre not even a pressure tool because 1. they dont jail and 2. theyre - on block lul
As a zoning tool... Aren't they like pretty + when blocked? But anyway... That's not a big deal, I rather them being not that fast but I'd just like to see a slight change, nothing crazy.

myri

Time Warrior
As a zoning tool... Aren't they like pretty + when blocked? But anyway... That's not a big deal, I rather them being not that fast but I'd just like to see a slight change, nothing crazy.
Straight laser is +4 I think from memory, and it's a high so it's meh for for pressure. Everything else is -2 or more, meterburn laser is -1.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
i mean if you block a projectile from fullscreen the frame data is always different .... i rather harley not actually have a plus on block jailing projectile but thats none of my business awkay lul

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
i mean if you block a projectile from fullscreen the frame data is always different .... i rather harley not actually have a plus on block jailing projectile but thats none of my business awkay lul
Harley's only jails off an extremely slow cannonball or MB cupcakes from fullscreen, and it's 4 times slower lul.
I rather Supergirl get deleted from the game but that's none of my business.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Its only plus if you stand block straight/up laser that is a High, otherwise it's always minus on block.
Straight laser is +4 I think from memory, and it's a high so it's meh for for pressure. Everything else is -2 or more, meterburn laser is -1.
I think I didn't explain it well but long story short I'd rather them not be as fast haha, forget what I was teying to say
Thank you!

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Harley's only jails off an extremely slow cannonball or MB cupcakes from fullscreen, and it's 4 times slower lul.
I rather Supergirl get deleted from the game but that's none of my business.
umm b2 xx df1 jails with harley do i really have to teach you how to play her too along with wonderwoman

myri

Time Warrior
Make her Mb teleport a mid? This is such a scrubby suggestion. I can't recall the last time I've seen anyone get hit by this unless they were pressing something.
Making her meterburn teleport a mid basically kills her teleport as an mixup option. Can still use it to punish certain things though I suppose but it's really not as dirty as a lot of people seem to think.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I feel like the frame data on the B1 strings being so terrible was an oversight. There's no way that -9 and -13 are really what it's supposed to be. She is fun and unique, and I get that B12 is supposed to be a whiff punisher, but like... really?

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
I agree with the OP's suggestions

I would have her play the same if her trait recharged a fair bit faster. Even though there are gaps in D1 xx Laser, B12 xx Laser I still believe that would be enough. I truly believe her issue is that she has to use MB Ice Breath to make things safe and that in term takes away her ability to use meter for combos.

My suggestions:
- Remove the ability to poke in between Supergirl's string into ice breath on block if you have a fast normal like a 6 frame down 1.

- b1 changed to -3 on block from -9.

- b12 changed to -5 on block from -11.

- Slightly reduce the damage scaling on combos involving the meterburn ice breath.
- Trait to recharge faster

myri

Time Warrior
I agree with the OP's suggestions

I would have her play the same if her trait recharged a fair bit faster. Even though there are gaps in D1 xx Laser, B12 xx Laser I still believe that would be enough. I truly believe her issue is that she has to use MB Ice Breath to make things safe and that in term takes away her ability to use meter for combos.

My suggestions:

- Trait to recharge faster
Trait recharge is fine in my opinion.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Make her Mb teleport a mid? This is such a scrubby suggestion. I can't recall the last time I've seen anyone get hit by this unless they were pressing something.
He's suggesting that if you guys want buffs then her teleport should then and only then be a mid, she's already annoying enough to fight and can hold her own vs alot of the cast as is, she doesn't need buffs, and if she gets them, she needs nerfs in other places to balance her.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Good suggestions. Nothing overblown imo which is surprising for a buff thread lol. I'd have to get used to B1 and B12 being staggerable if they were made safe but I'm sure it'd be fine if we all learned the matchup a bit more. Hell, my reactions are shit and I can consistently deal with her teleports online, which I could not for the life of me do near launch.

Also no do not make MB teleport a mid. The idea is that normal teleport is duckable while MB teleport is not. Making it a mid makes it serve no purpose besides launching really.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
He's suggesting that if you guys want buffs then her teleport should then and only then be a mid, she's already annoying enough to fight and can hold her own vs alot of the cast as is, she doesn't need buffs, and if she gets them, she needs nerfs in other places to balance her.
Play her and tell me she needs nerfs if her problems are about to get fixed...

Srsly, not a single decent player I played, who knows the MU, gets hits by that Oh. Its a free freaking punish lol. Not to mention you dont even need to react to it visually. Her teleport sound effects gives it away before the animation of tp even starts...