What's new

Ideas for changes to Supergirl

Last I checked, this is not a tradeoff that represents any kind of reality.

It's not an "either or" situation. And NRS isn't going to weaken her teleport on behalf of people who don't know how to play the game.

This discussion is literally just wasting space in the thread for no apparent benefit.
I don't understand this at all. How would it be weakening it if it's useless? Getting rid of the gimmick would only make it stronger because then they wouldn't be restricted to having to make sure it's reactable for everyone and they can make it much faster once it's not an overhead, don't understand the opposition

I've been trying to use supergirl as a secondary but have real trouble justifying using her purely because of her b123 being unsafe.

Alot of people are complaining about her teleport the only time I use it is in the air for punishing moves like deadshots ex rifle. He'll I'd say get rid of her tele if you can make b123 -5 and remove the gaps between canceling into specials.

At this point there is no reason to play supergirl over superman and people saying ending in ex trait gives good damage are foolish, Spending 2 bars on a Bnb when you struggle to build meter is a joke.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I don't understand this at all. How would it be weakening it if it's useless? Getting rid of the gimmick would only make it stronger because then they wouldn't be restricted to having to make sure it's reactable for everyone and they can make it much faster once it's not an overhead, don't understand the opposition
It doesn't need to be much faster. None of this makes any sense at all. Please stop spamming the thread with this.

Ah more fool me picked up the character yesterday still it's very situational to have full trait to access any sort of respectable damage.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Ah more fool me picked up the character yesterday still it's very situational to have full trait to access any sort of respectable damage.
I wouldn't use the long laser trait with full meter unless you're trying to chip them out or close out the rounds. You'll need it for the entire match depending on who you're fighting against.

I wouldn't use the long laser trait with full meter unless you're trying to chip them out or close out the rounds. You'll need it for the entire match depending on who you're fighting against.
That's what I mean there's no point in saying she does decent damage if you end in ex trait. you then end up in neutral with no lasers unsafe strings with gaps if you ice breath this makes you pretty much give up any advantage you had in the neutral.

JDE

That's what I mean there's no point in saying she does decent damage if you end in ex trait. you then end up in neutral with no lasers unsafe strings with gaps if you ice breath this makes you pretty much give up any advantage you had in the neutral.
I think being able to use what's left of your trait meter would be cool. Like have the ultimatum to hold it & then end it whenever you choose with the trait meter. That would be dope because you would be doing something while building meter & sacrificing some of your trait in the process

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Tr
I've been trying to use supergirl as a secondary but have real trouble justifying using her purely because of her b123 being unsafe.

Alot of people are complaining about her teleport the only time I use it is in the air for punishing moves like deadshots ex rifle. He'll I'd say get rid of her tele if you can make b123 -5 and remove the gaps between canceling into specials.

At this point there is no reason to play supergirl over superman and people saying ending in ex trait gives good damage are foolish, Spending 2 bars on a Bnb when you struggle to build meter is a joke.
Trait doesn't cost a bar

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
If it's so easy to deal with and your character buffs are SO important then just admit it's worth the trade, else this thread will drag on and on.None of this thread has anything to do with reality, why exclude this one proposal people have made as unrealistic when this entire thread is people's opinions.

You have to fight logic with logic, ignorance and petty insults will just drag it on and again you're dodging the question, the same question has come on every page, why are you so desperate to keep overhead teleport if it's so baahd if in trade you get everything you want out of the character. And don't come back to me with oh, you're cluttering the thread, or being annoying as you usually do, someone else will just take my place once I go to bed and it will drag on. Just answer the question for Pete's sake!! ^^
Why would anybody 'trade' anything in this situation? It makes absolutely no sense.

Please stop filling the thread with this nonsense.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Why would anybody 'trade' anything in this situation? It makes absolutely no sense.

Why was my post deleted? I'm not trolling as your PM said, you're blatantly avoiding the question, obviously it's not nonsense to a lot of people. If you'd just answer the question that's been going on for pages without resorting to insults and authoritarian antics, we'd let it go. But yet you refuse to do that. Just admit you're downplaying and we can all move on.

Frenzy

Noob

Yeah, for some reason people keep treating the mb teleport as if it's some overpowered move and think that supergirl should have to trade it for buffs. I think the reason that supergirl players don't want the teleport worse despite it being bad already. I don't see why anyone would want any of their tools to be worse if it's already considered bad. I don't think anyone has even made a good argument for the overhead being taken away.

Why was my post deleted? I'm not trolling as your PM said, you're blatantly avoiding the question, obviously it's not nonsense to a lot of people. If you'd just answer the question that's been going on for pages without resorting to insults and authoritarian antics, we'd let it go. But yet you refuse to do that. Just admit you're downplaying and we can all move on.
You got your answer many times, maybe stop flooding this thread that's supposed to be useful.
People have 0,5 seconds to press BACK and full punish the teleport, so there's no need to change the way it's designed by the nrs guys (one hit from up and one uppercut).
That said the whole ''trade'' thing you are talking about it's nonsense, no one made that offer, so stop talking about it.

Thanks, bye

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Firstly, making the MB teleport a mid wouldn't solve anything. Also, How is that a good trade off anyway when the teleport isn't even good to begin with? It's not that no one is willing to "trade" a nerfed TP for other buffs, it just doesn't make any sense. Why should there need to be a "trade", that doesn't make any sense. Especially when y'all are complaining about one of the weakest moves she has.

The reason no one is seriously entertaining the "trade" question is because it's an incredibly scrubby request.

Reactions: JDE

myri

Time Warrior
Just to put it out there, this was my buff wish list for Supergirl.

- B123 is now -5 on block. Down from -9

- B12 is now -8 on block. Down from -11

**OR**

- Regular Breath is now -8 on block. Down from -20

- Extended Breath is now -5 on block. Down from -18

- MB Breath is now +1 on block. Up from -5
If I have to pick I'd take the changes on breath if nothing else were to change.

JDE

Slight damage increase
B123 being -5
212 being +3 on hit
Ultimatum to change ground laser, likevshe can her straight air laser

I wish they would consider this.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I personally would like to see B12 combo into MB teleport or just any string combo into it. The only thing that combos from it is a J2. Not only would it let her combo into her most damaging special but it would also give an option for side switching.

Do you guys think having her lasers as a special and float as trait is viable? Would it break her? Only help her but not break her? What?

myri

Time Warrior
I personally would like to see B12 combo into MB teleport or just any string combo into it. The only thing that combos from it is a J2. Not only would it let her combo into her most damaging special but it would also give an option for side switching.
This would only help her punish on block / whiff punish though. Otherwise it would be another very unsafe way for her to get any damage, which is her entire issue right now, literally anything she commits to has huge risk for low reward. Which is why I feel like she needs a safe stagger or special to help her out just that little bit. If that were to happen than I can live with her damage staying as is.

JDE

I don't think they would consider that anyway, and yeah her trait is fine as it is. The only thing that you could change about the trait is that lasers would have faster recovery, trait meter to build faster, or/& the 4+R2 version to be canceled at any time like her straight lasers in the air without having to have a full bar to use.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
sigh there you go harley player thank me later

Thought I was going crazy for a second because I tested it earlier into the game. It's character specific. Doesn't work on some and is inconsistent on others.

EDIT: Tested it again. It's ...weird. Regardless of spacing, it sometimes works for me, or it doesn't.