What's new

Breakthrough I might have a way to figure out Cyrax Toasty Boost!

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
sounds to me like it was bbd1, or bbd3. If you notice in my video, i already tried bbd4. I'll give sonya one more shot...

Hey check, i've been trying to work a toasty boost input for mileena, after quick google i found out this- > Quote

"I was in an online match, the other player uppercut me and then the toasty guy popped up but I quickly did the roll move with Mileena and the words "Toasty Boost" appeared at the bottom of the screen, Above the player 1's X meter."

if he's speaking the truth he did a roll, so it must be ???+4 i already tried BBD+4 but pretty sure it didnt work.
hope this helps

Invincibeast

Stay Free
Thanks Cat . That does help a lot.

Scorpions is also bbd1, so we have two bbd one's: Stryker and Scorpion (BBD4 and BBD1). To me, the pattern is two more characters have this pattern, but with 2 and 3.

If you want this to move quicker, i suggest posting here which characters you will be trying this for, then report back with your results. Do it, before i start assigning characters to players lol.

Attempting
BBD2. BBD3 = Kabal
FFB3, FFB1, FFD4, = Kabal
DDF2, DDF3, DDF1 = Kabal

Feel free to choose.
If this pattern is true, this means that with the 32 character roster (Kratos included) there will be 8 different variations of the BBD#, FFB#, DDF#, etc ( 5 other patterns with different # input endings) in order to give the whole cast a possible Toasty Boost. Knowing this makes it easier to keep track of when a certain option is full (has reached all # endings of 1,2,3, and 4).

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Hey check, i've been trying to work a toasty boost input for mileena, after quick google i found out this- > Quote

"I was in an online match, the other player uppercut me and then the toasty guy popped up but I quickly did the roll move with Mileena and the words "Toasty Boost" appeared at the bottom of the screen, Above the player 1's X meter."

if he's speaking the truth he did a roll, so it must be ???+4 i already tried BBD+4 but pretty sure it didnt work.
hope this helps
I read something with roll as well. Also, someone said they got Sindel's boost when trying to perform a stage fatality, which is ddd1.

Flagg

Noob
These boost refill a characters Meter bar back to full?

That's crazy, crazy cool though :D

EDIT: Question, say Sheeva and Kitana are both playing, both know their toasty boost input.

If Sheeva uppercuts Sonya, can only Sheeva input the command or could Sonya as well? I guess only the person landing the uppercut as the person in mid air has to be standing on the ground and the window for the boost would have closed by then?

Flagg

Noob
I honestly think Toasty boost is legit for tournament play.

I think the only way to make the toasty boost effective is to figure out Quan Chi's input.

Almost every punish he has is an uppercut. All you have to do is be prepared to input after the uppercut in the off chance that it will say ''toasty''.
Damn, Quan Chi would be an absolute beast if he could keep resetting his meter.

Are characters with slow uppercut recovery going to be at a disadvantage I wonder, like Shang?

And this creates whole new mind games. People might rather upper cut a jax dash punch than full combo if a possibly toasty is the reward.

Update on a few...

Nightwolf - is not FF4

Kabal - is not BBD 1/2/3/4

Thanks everyone. Report your results so that people don't waste time trying the same combinations.

I'll try Sektors. Im going for FFB2, DDB2, DDF2 and DBF2 (if i can get it in).

Was trying Cyrax just before, was going for BBD3, BBD2, FFB1, FFB2, but never got Toasty! to appear

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
also TONY-T Check @anyone else

im very close to confirming the inputs to quan chi's toasty boost,got it twice now.
its either ddb2 or dbb2, both times i ended up throwing a skull just as i got the boost
(could be a very small chance its fdb2 seeing other option to get a skull to come)

Check edit:bdb2 final option could think of so it has to be one of those 4 if the skull came out when i got it

so help from anyone on confirming would be great

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

im very close to confirming the inputs to quan chi's toasty boost,got it twice now.
its either ddb2 or dbb2, both times i ended up throwing a skull just as i got the boost
(could be a very small chance its fdb2 seeing as thats only other option to get a skull to come)

Quan w toAsty boost is top 3

Check I'm going to find kenshis

I got a feeling it is bfd4

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
Damn, Quan Chi would be an absolute beast if he could keep resetting his meter.

Are characters with slow uppercut recovery going to be at a disadvantage I wonder, like Shang?

And this creates whole new mind games. People might rather upper cut a jax dash punch than full combo if a possibly toasty is the reward.
its like a fun game, game of speed who can input their codes first

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC

(could be a very small chance its fdb2 seeing as thats only other option to get a skull to come)

> Do rune trap 3 bars
> opponent tries to jump over
> crossover uppercut
> TOASTY

Daaaamnnn...........

Flagg

Noob
In these videos you guys are geeting toasty after e or 3 uppercuts but even with kode 303 I'm getting one toasty every other match.

Flagg

Noob
Guys, how are you getting rapid toasties? It seems I get one toastie one in three games, let alone one in three uppercuts.

i think a d3... i can't remember

when i got sonya's the first time, i uppercutted jax out of f413, noticed dan, dashed back, ducked, and for some reason pushed b+1234... i think i was blocking then though, or i just plain didn't see it. when i tried it the second time with quick uppercut recovery i just pushed all the buttons.. i couldn't find a way to get dan to pop up more consistently so i just wanted to see if it would work with those inputs and it did the second/first time, but i don't remember what attack came out

Check Maybe it is just b,b,b? Sindels is d,d,d+1 discovered over a year ago lol see the link.

http://www.kamidogu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=434352

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
for quan, its not ddb2.. i also did bbd2. no good. my bad i forgot to do dbb2. ill try again
ah no are you serious? but the skull came out both times, im so confused :(

some guy wrote that online he got the toasty boost by accident and he did a roll by the time he got it so it must be something into a roll i think

but i cant get the toasty guy to come out :S

yea i rember that aswell.
use 303 303 for quick uppercut recovery

Flagg

Noob
Five matches and 2 toasties.

I dont know how some of you getting lots of toasties. I Dashboarded, went back to two player and im still getting zip even with 303.