What's new

Breakthrough I might have a way to figure out Cyrax Toasty Boost!

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Randomness is an illusion, it doesn't exist even in nature, or reality if you want (getting philosophical here). Every time I did Sheeva's boost (ddf4) it worked, different stages, different characters.

Randomness is an illusion, it doesn't exist even in nature, or reality if you want (getting philosophical here). Every time I did Sheeva's boost (ddf4) it worked, different stages, different characters.
beat you to this by like a page, but yours is a good tl;dr version, lol. that's good to know that it's consistant though. what i was saying about the stages and characters is just for dan to pop out and say "TOASTY!!!" I'm saying the programming for "randomness" might have something to do with your system's game clock (down possibly to the frame) and the circumstances in which you hit an uppercut. (or at least that's what i would do to simulate randomness... and im pretty sure that's the industry standard)

Ill try Sheeva's. Didn't know that was confirmed. I thought there was an extra input in there? (Block or something)

Oh, by the way, if i remember correctly it was also confirmed that you can toasty boost if you're the one getting hit by the d2... thought that might be pertinent :)
Yes it is. I'm waiting for someone to post up on here to get online to try with me. 2 heads are better than one.

Anyone interested?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Oh, by the way, if i remember correctly it was also confirmed that you can toasty boost if you're the one getting hit by the d2... thought that might be pertinent :)
this is how my friend got his first two toasty boosts. What remains to be seen is wether both characters can get a toasty boost at the same time, or is it the first person to input there toasty boost command.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Pretty sure I've seen Dan Forden pop out after KL spin, Rain's geyser kick, and other strings that launch at the end like Kabal's (maybe Jax f22b1).

I would test all the ones we know so we can really confirm them and learn more about the timing, and health or meter requirements.

Also, it was MK2 where you press down and start (arcade) during "toasty" on the portal stage to fight smoke.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Someone said it gives you around 3 seconds to input the command after the "Toasty" sound. Looks like it's true.
It looks like you have to uppercut right under so the opponent toys in the other direction.

I have some Ermac updates for you, Moe :) I tried man.

Give me a sec to post it. Good shit with Stryker. I was hoping you were trying Ermac with me! :(

Ermac failure of the toastys

I know the last toasty attempt was pretty bad and i shouldn't have included it, but oh well. My mind is drained from this.

So far it's not:

-BBD1
-BBD2
-BBD3
-BBD4
-DDF4
-DDB2
-DDB4 (i think i did this)

Let me know if you see any others in there i did. Let's get Ermac!

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Ermac failure of the toastys

I know the last toasty attempt was pretty bad and i shouldn't have included it, but oh well. My mind is drained from this.

So far it's not:

-BBD1
-BBD2
-BBD3
-BBD4
-DDF4
-DDB2
-DDB4 (i think i did this)

Let me know if you see any others in there i did. Let's get Ermac!
Good job so far man! i have a feeling that cyrax toasty boost is bb+3 or bbf+4