What's new

I believe Liu Kang actually goes 5 5 with kabal/ is the answer for that burnt madman.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Fuck no

Liu Kang's high hitbox can eat Kabal's 2~NDC 2~NDC 2~NDC 2~NDC 2~NDC all day
Liu Kang's "zoning" can eat Kabal's EX NDC/Flash parry all day
Liu Kang's safe normals and strings can eat Kabal's EX NDC/Flash parry all day
Liu Kang doesn't have good wake-up game, Kabal can keep him on the floor all day guessing

Fuck no

Liu Kang's high hitbox can eat Kabal's 2~NDC 2~NDC 2~NDC 2~NDC 2~NDC all day
Liu Kang's "zoning" can eat Kabal's EX NDC/Flash parry all day
Liu Kang's safe normals and strings can eat Kabal's EX NDC/Flash parry all day
Liu Kang doesn't have good wake-up game, Kabal can keep him on the floor all day guessing
king pls, you have no clue what liu can do vs kabal, if you went to dallas and fought my liu then you'd find out. I dnt think you watched mygod's match vs REO or my match vs PL. Liu kabal 5 5, don't believe me then i'll just prove it. Underestimating liu kang is a mistake many have made and paid for unfortunately.

ForeverKing

king pls, you have no clue what liu can do vs kabal, if you went to dallas and fought my liu then you'd find out. I dnt think you watched mygod's match vs REO or my match vs PL. Liu kabal 5 5, don't believe me then i'll just prove it. Underestimating liu kang is a mistake many have made and paid for unfortunately.
Liu cannot really zone Kabal, Kabal can just EX dash all Liu's fireballs on reaction for full combo. Nobody goes 5-5 with Kabal

ForeverKing

did u see doctrinedark's video? if they crouch block he can only do it like 3 straight times, the only way it is an infinite is if the opponent is crazy enough to stand up on kabal al day, which if a player knows kabal, won't ever happen. So 2ndc wont cause me problems at all and i'm not saying you dnt have elite knowledge, i'm saying that's false info saying he can infinite liu, bcuz he can't.
Ok, so Kabal can just 2~NDC 2~NDC 2~NDC, than b1~NDC 2~NDC 2~NDC 2~NDC rinse repeat lol. And b1~NDC is really fast and hard to poke out of on reaction

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
FK has a good Liu Kang and I saw him beating Kabal's with it at Season's Beatings Summer Slam. However, just because Liu can win and give Kabal some problems I don't think the match is a 5-5. Maybe a winnable 4-6.

Liu cannot really zone Kabal, Kabal can just EX dash all Liu's fireballs on reaction for full combo. Nobody goes 5-5 with Kabal
stop it LMAO, if i do an iafb and you try and ex dash, my iafb recovers too fast and the dash will get blocked and punished. If you try and iagb, i'll just low fb under them. Kabal doesn't have the footsies tools to compare with liu's b3 and standing 2. Then when kabal tries to jump back, i can f1,2 him. I know what to do inside and out vs him. Also many are convinced that liu is the one for kabal, just ask aroudn you'll find out.

Ok, so Kabal can just 2~NDC 2~NDC 2~NDC, than b1~NDC 2~NDC 2~NDC 2~NDC rinse repeat lol. And b1~NDC is really fast and hard to poke out of on reaction
2 ndc doesn't work all day LMAO, did you see doctrinedark's video?, if i crouch block you can only pull it off like 3 straight times. Pls play a WC liu kang, you will be enlightened.

AssassiN

Noob
Gotta disagree with you, full screen LK outzones Kabal and the only thing Kabal can do is get closer in order to use the stuff you described.
Before Kabal reaches LK, LK can block or fire another fireball.
Since the armor of Kabal only works on startup, Kabal has to wait till the fireball is about to hit him.

Jump/half-screen distance LK is restricted to high fireballs and IAFB's, low fireballs can be EX dashed on reaction.
High fireballs are bit tricky at that position, IFB's can be used to bait out EX dash.

I don't think it's 5-5, but a 6-4 with advantage to Kabal ofcourse.
Kabal can't be full screen away, he has to be at a certain distance in order to fight LK.

AYSAMO

Noob
I used to think this was 5-5 too, but after running this MU a lot with MortySeinfeld it honestly feels more like a 6-4. The problem is he's at too much advantage after a NDC, and even if he just decides to counterpoke you with d3/f4, you can't really do anything to stop him from being aggressive since kang is neutral on pretty much anything. All kabal has to do is stay in on liu kang, and LBSH kabal gives no fucks about zoning and will stay on you the whole round if they actually know how to counterpoke on Morty's level. If Kabal knows the MU it's gonna be uphill.

Still I can only really deal with kabal using liu kang. I'd probably go with scorpion over kang if I was better with him since you can hellfire pressure, and you have 2 full combo punish options with ex spear and instant teleport if kabal tries to zone, plus safe ex slide tackle to get out of pressure.

I used to think this was 5-5 too, but after running this MU a lot with MortySeinfeld it honestly feels more like a 6-4. The problem is he's at too much advantage after a NDC, and even if he just decides to counterpoke you with d3/f4, you can't really do anything to stop him from being aggressive since kang is neutral on pretty much anything. All kabal has to do is stay in on liu kang, and LBSH kabal gives no fucks about zoning and will stay on you the whole round if they actually know how to counterpoke on Morty's level. If Kabal knows the MU it's gonna be uphill.

Still I can only really deal with kabal using liu kang. I'd probably go with scorpion over kang if I was better with him since you can hellfire pressure, and you have 2 full combo punish options with ex spear and instant teleport if kabal tries to zone, plus safe ex slide tackle to get out of pressure.
i played cat's kabal at evo and pl's, beat both. So i'm going off experience with what i'm saying as well. I'll get back into this after i finish my homework.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
But that's the thing: only off certain NDC's is he at enough advantage to lock you down, and even then, there are ways around it. As mentioned above, 2 xx NDC can be ducked after taking a hit, and the b121 can be armored through or poked out I believe. If he's doing f32 xx NDC you either poke that shit or jump it. Even better, Liu Kang actualy has a punish for saw: f12 and you can either get +24 with EN Tiger Shot or take your almost guaranteed throw.

And really, Kabal does care about Tiger Shots, because, as mentioned before, Liu Kang recovers very quickly from not only instant air, but low tiger shots at the distance necessary for Kabal to get EN dash with armor on it. And also, and most importantly, Liu Kang takes away one of the best ways he has to build meter, so Kabal is actually FIGHTING for meter. C'mon, what other char can force that against Kabal?

If a matchup is about restricting options, both characters force each into a slugfest up close with minimal advantage at the end of each other's strings. Evenly matched, equal options.

AssassiN

Noob
When Kabal does B1 after a 2,NDC there is a 4 frame hole.
When Kabal does 2 after B1,NDC there is a 8 frame hole => enough for D3 or 213 if LK is on P1 side. And the 2 whiffs when LK is neutral crouching, so D3 or even D1 is a viable option in this situation.

So yeah, that's kinda fucked up for LK when Kabal is up close.
Which is why I believe it's 6-4, if LK couldn't outzone him it would be 7-3.

Skitzo

Noob
Kabal not knowing the distance of when he can EX dash low fb shouldn't be a factor here, because at the highest level they should.

Also, what if you take the hit on 2ndc to duck the next one but the Kabal player goes into a launcher? People need to start respecting b1ndc as well. No one has brought this up. The fact i can make you guess if i'm gonna b1, b12 or go for the full launcher is huge. This is what FOREVER KING was mentioning.

Skitzo

Noob
But that's the thing: only off certain NDC's is he at enough advantage to lock you down, and even then, there are ways around it. As mentioned above, 2 xx NDC can be ducked after taking a hit, and the b121 can be armored through or poked out I believe. If he's doing f32 xx NDC you either poke that shit or jump it. Even better, Liu Kang actualy has a punish for saw: f12 and you can either get +24 with EN Tiger Shot or take your almost guaranteed throw.

And really, Kabal does care about Tiger Shots, because, as mentioned before, Liu Kang recovers very quickly from not only instant air, but low tiger shots at the distance necessary for Kabal to get EN dash with armor on it. And also, and most importantly, Liu Kang takes away one of the best ways he has to build meter, so Kabal is actually FIGHTING for meter. C'mon, what other char can force that against Kabal?

If a matchup is about restricting options, both characters force each into a slugfest up close with minimal advantage at the end of each other's strings. Evenly matched, equal options.
It's not hard for Kabal to gain meter in this mu because the fact Kabal will get in on Liu. I mean, his zoning ain't Kabal but it is decent & can give Kabal problems. A simple blocked 50/50 like 2ndc f32saw is like half a bar. So dumb lol

RiBBz22

5 5, and I'm willing to prove it.
I am not arguing that you or any other great Kang player can't win this MU. His fireballs are really really good and give Kabal similar problems as Reptile's FB's. I totally agree that he is a pretty solid pick against Kabal, but I just don't think he has enough tools to say he goes even in the MU. With that said I deffffinitely think it is winnable.

I am not arguing that you or any other great Kang player can't win this MU. His fireballs are really really good and give Kabal similar problems as Reptile's FB's. I totally agree that he is a pretty solid pick against Kabal, but I just don't think he has enough tools to say he goes even in the MU. With that said I deffffinitely think it is winnable.
i'm keeping it as a 5 5, can't go to NEC unfortunately because plane tickets to high, i wanted to play REO in that mu, but when i do get a chance I'm willing to prove my point, my bro is willing to prove my point as well.

Also I keep telling ppl, i dnt just say stuff just to say it, I actually have proof and great evidence to back it up. 5-5, it'd be 6 4 liu if he had a low hitbox.

RiBBz22

i'm keeping it as a 5 5, can't go to NEC unfortunately because plane tickets to high, i wanted to play REO in that mu, but when i do get a chance I'm willing to prove my point, my bro is willing to prove my point as well.
I hope you are right mang, any problems for Kabal is just fine with me.