What's new

I believe Liu Kang actually goes 5 5 with kabal/ is the answer for that burnt madman.

I use Liu kang myself, and I beat PL and Cat's kabal at Dallas just to make a statement. Unfortunately, that won't be enough to prove my point. So I'll need to fight REO's kabal, and win to prove liu goes 5 5 with him.
Liu has many tools for kabal that I believe make him the best char for him:
*Low fb
*Back 3,1,2 and Standing 2,1,3 in footsies
*Iafb to bait ex dash and punish it accordingly
*Fwd 1,2 to knock kabal out the air when he jumps back/ to use in footsies
* High fb
* Standing 2 AA in case kabal jumps
*Alot of neutral strings to frustrate kabal up close.

So what do you guys think, I think Liu is definitely the one.

redeyes

Button Masher
alright, can you tell me why? I gave you my reason in depth.
oh no it was just a joke.
remember back when everyone said 6-4 kabal vs everyone?

but seriously i think liu has the tools to shut down that burnt mofo as well hopefully you can take reo down and prove it.

Winter

Alfred Hitchcock reincarnated.
I've also said this to the mk community many times and they look at me like im crazy :(

oh no it was just a joke.
remember back when everyone said 6-4 kabal vs everyone?

but seriously i think liu has the tools to shut down that burnt mofo as well hopefully you can take reo down and prove it.
haha i didn't know you was joking, alright i guess ppl do believe he can shut down dat burnt punk.

Yes, yes, yes!

I completely agree. Been saying this way back when I picked up liu Kang but everyone ignores us lowly online players. Lol

Low fireball is a big reason why. fire them off and lol in the face of iagb.

Maybe ppl will listen to you. :)
yes indeed, i got something to prove.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Yeah, he totally is. I remember a few months back facing Cat;s kabal in casuals and I did pretty damn well at the low level I was. Once you poke out of his pressure you can do any string and with buffering you can frustrate Kabal. Might be 6-4 just because of Flash parry though.

zaf

professor
Liu kang also has armor to slow down kabals ndc pressure. I seen mygod use this against reo successfully.

My only problem is how fast does liu kang recover from low fireball? Ex nomad wont blow this up? Or is lius fireball like freddys claw were it recovers very fast?

Winter

Alfred Hitchcock reincarnated.
Liu kang also has armor to slow down kabals ndc pressure. I seen mygod use this against reo successfully.

My only problem is how fast does liu kang recover from low fireball? Ex nomad wont blow this up? Or is lius fireball like freddys claw were it recovers very fast?
ex dash works midscreen, not mid to full though

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

Not sure exactly how you have to time it, but I know I've recovered in time to block ex dashes before.

to bait ex dash, i use liu's iafb. He can ex dash a low fb, but has to be very careful how he does it because if he times it wrong then I'll just punish and send him across the screen.

Skitzo

Noob
Agreed. Mygod & I go back & forth.

But it's not the low fireball, that's easy to deal with imo

& a smart Kabal player wouldn't try to EX dash iafb because it's all on read. which is really risky

I believe it's the fact that Liu can hold his own up close. & this is what Kabal has to do to win the match, stay in Liu's face.

The fireballs are just a bonus.

YoungTrunks

There's a storm coming
I always thought it would be reptile or jax. But after reading this it could be Liu. Also you have to take into account that MIT could just be a better player then his kaballin opponents. And he makes a 4-6 matchup much easier then the average player (like myself).

Edit: Just remembered this is the dude who counterpicked Detroit's Kabal with Scorpion...and WON so maybe it is MIT