What's new

HoneyBee vs SonicFox *WBEarlyAccess MK11 Gameplay*

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I just like the bigger combos that we’re used to. I do like footsies and like I said I’m hoping the game is fun to play. It’s early, this isn’t the final build, and I’m still excited to play, just not as hype as with previous games.
I have to agree with you on the combos. I hope there's a lot more potential than we are seeing, but even 16 Bit has mentioned that the game isn't super combo based. That's always been the most fun aspect of MK for me.

I'm still super excited about the game, but the short combos are definitely a turn off for me. Seems as though damage really comes from Krushing Blows, not 40% midscreen/corner combos anymore.

Having said that, they've seemed to pay attention to every aspect of what people loved about previous games and given at least one character that mechanic. Kabal has his dash cancel if you choose to equip it, Scorpion has a NJP, Jade can run, etc. Maybe there will be a few very combo heavy characters to please players like you and I.

I trust NRS and still couldn't be more excited, regardless.

Skedar70

Noob
I'm sorry but that was sad to watch. At 11:30 it gets disgusting and then it continues to the last matches. Not digging this game at the moment.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I dont even know if there will be default variations anymore lol. At this point I hope not, just balance the individual moves out. They already have the slot system as a backup safety net for balancing
I really hope there are no default variations either. I hated that some special moves were just left behind and never used in competitive play in Inj2.

Like I'd almost want to get rid of slide, since it doesn't avoid anything but high projectiles, and go with ice ball (free combo/trades/etc), rising ice (combo ability/potential anti air), and puddle (potential anti wakeup/combo ability) lol.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
I don't disagree with the overall point of your post, I just want to know what "big combos" you've seen with sub zero? Seems like every video I saw with him was a combo with him doing 1 string into ex slide KB. lot of damage, sure, but it was like 5 hits and boring af. lol
It’s a set K&M posted between killer Xinnok and Verda I think his name is and he equipped the ability that allows Sub to launch for extended combos.

Go watch it.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I really hope there are no default variations either. I hated that some special moves were just left behind and never used in competitive play in Inj2.

Like I'd almost want to get rid of slide, since it doesn't avoid anything but high projectiles, and go with ice ball (free combo/trades/etc), rising ice (combo ability/potential anti air), and puddle (potential anti wakeup/combo ability) lol.
Its been 2 years and I still havent unlocked Banes back breaker... so yes I dont want to be left out either. Hoping they just let us make our own variations, which the slot system already keeps i check. I want Cold shoulder and ice puddle for the corner carry and oki

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
I see some people praising the similiarities between SF and MK11 footsies, but to me SF4 was very slow, and footsies were way too heavy and one dimensional. Now MK11 feels a little too focused on footsies and slow paced; on contrary MKX felt way too focused on rush down long combos and fast paced. In my opinion MK9 had the correct and best balance between pace, combos and footsies. I really hope gameplay wise MK11 will be more similar to MK9 than SF.
i bought street fighter 5 day one and have played it the first month and dropped it. felt too slow and certain characters are pointless to play with because others can get in better. i loved mk9 and was disappointed that the fundamentals didnt crossover to mkxl. mkxl was visually amazing but gameplay wise was just ok i was waiting for injustice 2!!! so i agree i hope somehow mk11 adds some elements from mk9 because i can careless about streetfighter!!! ive never really been a footsie kind of guy so maybe thats my problem. what i liked about mk was the combos and the bouncy njp. injustice has the wall bounce to extend combos what does mk11 have?

kevkopdx

Noob
I have to agree with you on the combos. I hope there's a lot more potential than we are seeing, but even 16 Bit has mentioned that the game isn't super combo based. That's always been the most fun aspect of MK for me.

I'm still super excited about the game, but the short combos are definitely a turn off for me. Seems as though damage really comes from Krushing Blows, not 40% midscreen/corner combos anymore.

Having said that, they've seemed to pay attention to every aspect of what people loved about previous games and given at least one character that mechanic. Kabal has his dash cancel if you choose to equip it, Scorpion has a NJP, Jade can run, etc. Maybe there will be a few very combo heavy characters to please players like you and I.

I trust NRS and still couldn't be more excited, regardless.
Yeah, the nice thing about NRS is it seems they always listen to what people want. So, hopefully, there is a character or two that I will really enjoy playing.
It's a bit annoying that people just cry "no more combos" as if its some blanket insult for a complaint that has a lot more depth than that.
Obviously, there are combos in the game, no one is disputing that. However, the combo potential looks seriously boring.
But I am right there with you; I do trust NRS and look forward to actually playing the game in its finished state!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
coward noob shit fuck

also:

Hi, I added you to friends on Steam because you wrecked me repeatedly so it's you who's a noob because I lost to you and it's your fault that I can't duck your trait.

Or:

Hi, you just lost a single ranked set to me and I felt like adding you to tell you how strongly I feel about defeating you because I struggle against your character. Also you're a noob and I wish horrible illness upon you and your entire family, kind sir.

Furthermore:

I crouch repeatedly because this is how I let you know that I take this game far too seriously for my own good and I'm hoping to engage in heated argument about whose mother is the bigger whore once I defeat you repeatedly. In the case of you being victorious, however, you're a noob and you cheated.
Awee that's not nice, it's not cowardly to keeping you there hehe. :p

lol well I certainly hope not. Did we play MK 9 cause I hardly played MK X honestly. I'm actually an Ermac, I rarely use the Noob hehe

I'll let you know if I get the stream version, hopefully it doesn't take up too much space(I mean it's a FG how big can it be right?) I'm deleting diablo and Heroes of the storm off my PC, my friend put it on when he got me the laptop as a gift few years back but I never play them, they suck and are boring af lol

It's ok little guy though, I shall go easy on you when we meet again.:cool:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
im keeping an open mind, I think I’ve watched all footage that is available. I remain skeptical about krushing blows.
I’ve reiterated that I realize it’s an early build, my opinion is based on what I’ve seen. Yes, there are other more interesting matches, but overall I’m still on the fence.
I’m sure there’s still a lot to be revealed.
I don’t know how, after we’ve seen footage of Scorpion and Sub doing hardcore rushdown and respectable combos.

We know the potential for that type of gameplay exists. For now it seems to be entirely up to what character and variation you pick and how well you know their moves.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
The krushing blows allows you to extend your combos, but so far I think that's all.
-______-!
We’ve seen several non-Krushing blow combo starters/extenders that are both metered and Meterless.

What we haven’t seen is many people who can use them without dropping their combos. If you watch the PND videos on the game you’ll see some early examples, and every now and then in the kast 16bit will bust something out.

But most of the footage is people with hardly any play time abusing easy stuff because neither them or their opponent know what to really do.

Or Tyler and Derrick who have experience but (no offense to them) not much skill.

I’ve come to notice that it’s hard to discuss the pros and the cons of this game becuaee there is a surprising amount of footage and information but everyone has seen, read, or heard different amounts.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
I said this a while back. I've never seen a characters playstyle so drastically changed than Skarlet. Mk9 Skarlet looks way more appealing than Mk11 but I still have to play it to know for sure.
Are you sure? MK9 Skarlet was a bit generic in terms of her tools. She was very execution heavy with the command run slashes and cancelling. She also had the blood ball that injured her if used. Her daggers were like a standard ninja kunai throw. Meter burned kunai in the air threw three from what I recall.

I don't think I really enjoyed her play style all that much but she was challenging to use for me. I got some satisfaction from the command run shenanigans, though. In my opinion, the new Skarlet has some fun looking tools to use. Also, it looks like she perfected that blood magic of hers. She no longer losses health from using it and there are more moves that involve blood.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Are you sure? MK9 Skarlet was a bit generic in terms of her tools. She was very execution heavy with the command run slashes and cancelling. She also had the blood ball that injured her if used. Her daggers were like a standard ninja kunai throw. Meter burned kunai in the air threw three from what I recall.

I don't think I really enjoyed her play style all that much but she was challenging to use for me. I got some satisfaction from the command run shenanigans, though. In my opinion, the new Skarlet has some fun looking tools to use. Also, it looks like she perfected that blood magic of hers. She no longer losses health from using it and there are more moves that involve blood.
I agree totally about Skarlet, I felt in MK 9 the learning curve for her was a lot more than MK 11(at least from what I've seen) the cancel tactics, the self hurting blood projectile and that god awful "hi yaaaaa" lmao She sounds a lot better now, sexy yet deadly. Only thing I miss from MK 9 is her longer hair, which I hope they have as an unlockable look. I also love how she just has a basic BnB string launcher now. Honestly not sure who looks more fun to play with, Skarlet or Jade. I can see both being great to zone the hell out of people though.

DeftMonk

Noob
I still don’t really understand the jumping mechanics can someone elaborate? They just add like a universal kof style short hop to every character? And normals during short hop are the same etc? If so that, combined with the krushing blow(which imo is just an evolution of sfv crush counter). This game is gonna be heavily focused on having fun in actual matches instead of comboing a training dummy all day long. Lots of casuals might not like that but I’m totally cool with it!

I feel like a lot of people seem to be taking it like it's a binary thing; they don't like the fact that there arent long combos so they don't like the game, or they love the change from the rush down heavy 5050 shenanigans mkx had. Looking at both sides (things you like and dislike about the game) would put things into a much better perspective and maybe help you to wait and see how it pans out on release.

We know for a fact that this game is not as fast paced as either mk9 or mkX, especially X. 11 doesn't have as long of combos as either as well; this is pretty much fact. Now, wether you like this or not is obviously dependent upon you. Taking myself into example, I liked the long combos from Mkx. I loved the aggressive play style. It was fun to play and fun to spectate, and completing a long/hard combo during a real match that you labbed for hours to learn was very satisfying.

Mk 11 in this regard is not what I like in particular. But we have to remember that it is an absolute fact that longer combos are going to be done when the game releases. The combos we are seeing right now are NOT the combos that we will see during professional matches; nobody has gotten an immense amount of time to learn them, and to double down on this, we don't even know the whole cast yet, so just like jade has run, there might be characters who are more combo heavy.

So on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being no combos at all and 10 being mkx, everyone is seems to be getting up set that the game looks like a 3 or 4 on this scale right now, but after release it will probably end up somewhere between a 5-7.

So someone in my position may say "well this went from a 10 in combos to a 5-7, this sucks!" But what are we getting in return for this "down grade" in combos (if you liked mkx style combos)? We are getting a much more honest, neutral based game, that focuses more on footies and less on 5050's and just has less dirt than mkx overall. To me, even from someone who much prefers mkx style combos, this is just one minus with a bunch of pluses. Yes, it does suck knowing the game is going to be slower and less combo intensive that the previous two mk games, but it's also good for many other reasons (I mean remember pre patch Tanya and alien? Wtf kinda shit was that? Lol). Mkx's combo system itself single handedly killed the last match hype for me during the tekken master-sonic set of evo (screw armored launchers).

I think criticism of the game and voicing opinions now is perfectly fine though, I don't want anyone to think I'm saying this to shush other opinions, I'm saying this just to kind of calm the nerves of people who aren't to fond of what they are seeing as of now

Zaccel

Noob
I still don’t really understand the jumping mechanics can someone elaborate? They just add like a universal kof style short hop to every character? And normals during short hop are the same etc?
It's not a "short hop" per se; you can only do it straight up. It's easier to think of them as universal overheads (which happen to press up and jump a little).

If so that, combined with the krushing blow(which imo is just an evolution of sfv crush counter).
I sort of agree. I agree that it evolves SFV's Crush Counters, but it does so by emulating SoulCalibur VI's Lethal Hits (a mechanic I prefer). Having "counter hit plus extra" is one thing, but having to get extra benefits through very specific conditions is an interesting way to liven up MK--a series that has basically never tried CH mechanics before.

This game is gonna be heavily focused on having fun in actual matches instead of comboing a training dummy all day long. Lots of casuals might not like that but I’m totally cool with it!
Agreed. I'm sure there'll be lots of intrigue for the lab monsters, but MK11 seems to be making an appreciable push toward 'learning by doing.'

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I still don’t really understand the jumping mechanics can someone elaborate? They just add like a universal kof style short hop to every character?
I think the short hop just works when you jump vertically, in contrast KOF allows you to hop in any direction.