What's new

HoneyBee vs SonicFox *WBEarlyAccess MK11 Gameplay*

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Seriously fellas slow your roles a lil bit.How can we expect high level play from a game that's not even out yet?Idc how good the players are that are playing.You ain't bout to master a game that's not even complete yet.I have a few issues with a mechanic here and there butI'm not gonna call a game boring when we still tryin to figure stuff out.As far as I'm concerned new game the pecking order starts over.Everyone is scrubby at this point.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Love how MK 11 the more I see the more zoney and footsie, ranged it looks lol. People who hate zoning tactics are going to hate this game I bet.:D

Skarlet's blood sucky in move is a variation move right? I know her tele is.

At any rate, I don't really care so much who's playing I could play a solid zoning game. I am kind of getting tired of big name tourney players getting first access, I mean do they really need the practice before everyone else? No.

But back to the gameplay component. MK 9 Skarlet definitely had a much steeper learning curve with her cancels. MK 11 she seems flat out zoney which I like and I like that launcher she has. I can only imagine the Jade vs Skarlet matches in this game going to be a zone fest lol.

Last edited:

kevkopdx

Noob
Seriously fellas slow your roles a lil bit.How can we expect high level play from a game that's not even out yet?Idc how good the players are that are playing.You ain't bout to master a game that's not even complete yet.I have a few issues with a mechanic here and there butI'm not gonna call a game boring when we still tryin to figure stuff out.As far as I'm concerned new game the pecking order starts over.Everyone is scrubby at this point.
You have people calling this hype, what’s wrong with people having the opposite reaction? I’m not saying I’m expecting high level play, but so far with everything shown, I’m not terribly excited from a spectator standpoint, whereas in previous games I have already preordered at this point.
I find it worrisome that NRS still haven’t made up their mind on how variations will work competetively.
I understand things can change and we haven’t seen half the roster, so I’m still hoping I get amped up soon.
But so far for me, I’m honestly underwhelmed.

The only thing I want to make an early judgement about is that the characters don't feel unique to me at all. They just look to me like different sets of ranges, damage and frame data. I'm a big fan of gimmicky/unique moves. I think the three most interesting moves so far come from Geras which are the round time modifier and rewind, and Sonya's mech pet. The non-default moves on all the other characters should be just as crazy and exciting to use. I also think Skarlet should lose health when she hurts herself to access strong moves like mk9 bloodball but should also have a healing move like Inj1 Cyborg (except actually useful) where she absorbs blood from the stage. I think NRS are playing it too safe when it comes to character design.

Just putting this here for fun.
Kotal Kahn command grab and totems
Quan Chi spellcircles
Subzero ice clones
Shokan jump stomp
Kung Lao teleport
Solomon Grundy grabs
Flash time slow
Lex Luthor set ups and armorup
Doomsday
Captain Cold freeze mechanic
Jax (mk9) ground pound cancels
Zatanna mirror images
Dr. Fate ankhs
Bane venom

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Really, Juggs? You're gonna respond like this? Might as well just have ignored it and moved on.

He made perfectly valid points based off of what he saw and provided his opinion, even if you don't agree with it.
If you say so

Agilaz

It has begun
This is the last forum where I would expect "K" to trigger people so bad lol

Anyway, footage looks good. Early days, but seeing some nice footsies on both sides. It'll be nice to see Sonic play this game, with itbeing less reliant on gimmicks and set play.

Little cool thing I noticed is that apparently Baraka gets a free damage buff from his flag after landing a Fatal Blow, even if he's not using the flag variation.

Don’t crucify me, I know it’s early... but imo these matches are really boring from a spectator aspect... lots of single hit countering and redundant short combos.

I’m guessing the game might be more fun to play than watch, but I’m already bored with Krushing blows, they still feel very random... like if a blow is activated by being a counter move I just don’t see how tactical you can be... like are you really NOT going to counter something just to save it for when you need it?
I know there are all sorts of different requirements but they just aren’t looking very tactical.
And the lack of combo variety and slow floaty gameplay... I dunno, it’s the first post 3D NRS game that I’m really not hype about.
Also, I’m a huge fan of zoning but those last Sonya/Baraka zoning fights were excruciatingly boring.
As I said, I know it’s early, I imagine this game will take a long time for the meta to evolve but it’s not looking too exciting from a pick up and play aspect.
I’m gonna hold my breath and hope for the best.
It probably seems boring simply because they don't know all of their options yet, hence why there's a lot of single hit countering and really short combos. Once the game releases and there's a training mode, I'm sure players will squeeze more out of combos. For example, Baraka can assign his Gutted special which launches when amplified, so in the full game you could probably do things like string>gutted>string>chopchop, which is pretty much along the lines of the combos we're used to.

Plus, you could even extend that combo using krushing blows. I think the usefulness of each krushing blow will depend on the requirements, but Baraka has several that activate on a punish, like his 122 string which launches on punish. So the above combo could theoretically be extended to 122>string>gutted>string>chopchop, which is a pretty long combo. His blade charge also krushing blows on punish (and does a ton of damage in the builds we've seen). So you could end that same combo with blade charge for absurd damage if you want to cash in all your krushing blows at once, or you can save blade charge for a later punish if you want to spread out your damage. I think there's a capacity to have quite a bit of combo variety depending on how players want to use their krushing blows.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower

Anyway, footage looks good. Early days, but seeing some nice footsies on both sides. It'll be nice to see Sonic play this game, with itbeing less reliant on gimmicks and set play.

Little cool thing I noticed is that apparently Baraka gets a free damage buff from his flag after landing a Fatal Blow, even if he's not using the flag variation.

The flag is a base move for Baraka, it can be used across all variations and provides the damage buff. The extra flag moves are part of the flag variation.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Don’t crucify me, I know it’s early... but imo these matches are really boring from a spectator aspect... lots of single hit countering and redundant short combos.

I’m guessing the game might be more fun to play than watch, but I’m already bored with Krushing blows, they still feel very random... like if a blow is activated by being a counter move I just don’t see how tactical you can be... like are you really NOT going to counter something just to save it for when you need it?
I know there are all sorts of different requirements but they just aren’t looking very tactical.
And the lack of combo variety and slow floaty gameplay... I dunno, it’s the first post 3D NRS game that I’m really not hype about.
Also, I’m a huge fan of zoning but those last Sonya/Baraka zoning fights were excruciatingly boring.
As I said, I know it’s early, I imagine this game will take a long time for the meta to evolve but it’s not looking too exciting from a pick up and play aspect.
It is important to note that Baraka's moveset was incomplete in this build (or just variation?). He's missing his War Banner Run and also his dash attack special where he goes forward with his arm blades and stabs them, then throws them behind him. So he pretty much just had Blade Spark, Chop Chop, and a War Banner buff that wasn't really used. Super basic.

But to be honest, these matches weren't really fun to watch. I don't agree with Krushing Blows being boring and not fun, but these matches weren't really exciting. It is Day 0 gameplay that uses incomplete movesets along with a very limited roster, so it's to be expected I guess. Plus they weren't really using Krushing Blows, Fatal Blows, Flawless Block and Short Hopping correctly.

I don't think anyone is "Triggered" just annoyed that any time the game gets any sort of criticism against it along with a thought out post on WHY the user feels that why, they get shot down with responses like "scrub", or "why is this a problem?", or "it's day 0 you aren't allowed to complain", or "K".

Like it's okay for you to talk about how OMG AMAZING the game is in pre-release when you haven't even played it, but if you say anything against it this forum acts like you aren't allowed to and shuns you by complete dismissing any points you have -- even if they are fair and/or valid.

Pretty sure the last time I was on this site before today I was in a thread where someone said that Jade uses the same mask as Skarlet but it's recolored, and they aren't sure how they feel about that because they would prefer it if everyone had unique gear. Like 5 replies in and we already had people saying things like "Uhhh, you know this is a non-issue right?" or "This is like a Reddit thread" and things like that, just because this guy had an opinion they didn't like. He didn't even say it was bad, just that he wishes everyone had unique gear.

Saying anything like "OH MAN THIS LOOKS HYPE" = You get multiple likes and everyone moves to the next comment.

Saying anything like "Not sure how I feel about this" = responses like "K", or "This is a non-issue", or whatever generic defensive/dismissing reply.

^ This has absolutely been the case since this game was shown at the Reveal Event.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I think they’ve gotten the “K” before and they have PTSD.
I know it can be annoying for people to get seemingly pissed off over a small comment, but you have to look at the full picture. Read my response to @Agilaz above.

No one is "triggered" or has PTSD, and I doubt anyone is even that pissed as it seems. No one is really going after you. It's just that it's annoying to see people who make thought out posts completely dismissed just because they said something against the game.

No offense, but if you make a dickish comment you have to be prepared for people to get annoyed because they have been dealing with comments like that since the game was shown off. Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but you should be able to see how someone would take it that way.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Juggs, I know it can be annoying for people to get seemingly pissed off over a small comment, but you have to look at the full picture. Read my response to @Agilaz above.

No one is "triggered" or has PTSD, and I doubt anyone is even that pissed as it seems. No one is really going after you. It's just that it's annoying to see people who make thought out posts completely dismissed just because they said something against the game.

No offense, but if you make a dickish comment you have to be prepared for people to get annoyed because they have been dealing with comments like that since the game was shown off. Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but you should be able to see how someone would take it that way.
Yeah I know, but I mean it’s a letter. People need to relax lol.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I haven't been following the footage and news super closely, is this footage from the reveal a couple weeks ago or do they have access to the game some other way?

Regardless game looks fun as fuck to me but I hate mkx with a passion and think injustice 2 is the best nrs game so I know I am in the minority lol

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela

You have the option to make krushing blows only trigger with a specific button press. Meaning you not only have to meet the conditions, but then you have to hit the right input as well. So they won’t be happening randomly, it’ll happen much like conforming a special into a MB.

I don’t get how people have such strong and definitive opinions about things when they’ve not actually looked all that deep into it.

In the time it took you to type that you could’ve learned that’s not how they work.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
MK11 has potential to be an exciting game to watch once people learn how to play it properly.
But I say potential because it could go the other way. NRS is taking a huge gamble by slowing the game down and focusing on neutral. Don't get me wrong, it's exactly what I want out of a new MK after X and 9.
However, NRS gameplay has never been as crisp as any japanese fighter, there is still so much wanky awkwardness, it might not be able to replicate SF's tension and pace, but I'm glad it's trying.

Either way though, even if they knock it out of the park, a lot of people are still going to be upset and hate it because of the new focus, it's such whiplash after X, the combos are significantly toned down, the pace is slowed to a crawl, and stuff isn't as flashy. Like they said, they are going way back to MK2, and it shows.

I already know from watching it that I will enjoy playing it, but I don't think it will be as exciting to watch as pre Tanya MKX for the casual audience.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
You have people calling this hype, what’s wrong with people having the opposite reaction? I’m not saying I’m expecting high level play, but so far with everything shown, I’m not terribly excited from a spectator standpoint, whereas in previous games I have already preordered at this point.
I find it worrisome that NRS still haven’t made up their mind on how variations will work competetively.
I understand things can change and we haven’t seen half the roster, so I’m still hoping I get amped up soon.
But so far for me, I’m honestly underwhelmed.
You don’t know that NRS hasn’t made up their minds, they simply haven’t said.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
MK11 has potential to be an exciting game to watch once people learn how to play it properly.
But I say potential because it could go the other way. NRS is taking a huge gamble by slowing the game down and focusing on neutral. Don't get me wrong, it's exactly what I want out of a new MK after X and 9.
However, NRS gameplay has never been as crisp as any japanese fighter, there is still so much wanky awkwardness, it might not be able to replicate SF's tension and pace, but I'm glad it's trying.

Either way though, even if they knock it out of the park, a lot of people are still going to be upset and hate it because of the new focus, it's such whiplash after X, the combos are significantly toned down, the pace is slowed to a crawl, and stuff isn't as flashy. Like they said, they are going way back to MK2, and it shows.

I already know from watching it that I will enjoy playing it, but I don't think it will be as exciting to watch as pre Tanya MKX for the casual audience.
One of the things I was thinking of while watching this was that it looks more fun to play than to watch. At least from this early footage. Hopefully the end product is just as exciting to watch, but we'll see if the tension properly transfers from the players to the viewers like it does in SF or Tekken.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
KombatKast matches are way more interesting than this......because KombatKast players knows the game.
It´s simple: the more you know the mechanics and the moveset, the more you use them.
I´m not worried

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
One of the things I was thinking of while watching this was that it looks more fun to play than to watch. At least from this early footage. Hopefully the end product is just as exciting to watch, but we'll see if the tension properly transfers from the players to the viewers like it does in SF or Tekken.
Ya, with a lot of practice I'm hoping the gameplay can become super crisp like a good SF4 match.
If it can truly create even half as much tension as a SF4 match then it will be good.
On positive, with the Krushing Blows and Fatal Blows, they have the potential to create really hype explosive comebacks and sequences.
As much as everyone hated getting Ultra'd in SF4, it made for some really fun moments.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
KombatKast matches are way more interesting than this......because KombatKast players knows the game.
It´s simple: the more you know the mechanics and the moveset, the more you use them.
I´m not worried
The KombatKast matches are fun but I wouldn’t say that they’re a good representation on how the meta of the game will play out. If the game doesn’t change drastically the matches between Sonicfox and Honeybee are more accurate to how the game will play out competitively.