What's new

HoneyBee vs SonicFox *WBEarlyAccess MK11 Gameplay*

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Didn’t see anyone talking about this. Some nice early access matches from the two legends.

For more entertainment look at the scrubby comments.

Game looks fantastic from what I’ve seen. Very pleasantly surprised. Really hope NRS sticks to their guns and keeps MK11 how it is. I like most of what they’re doing with MK11, I’m so hyped right now!

kevkopdx

Noob
Don’t crucify me, I know it’s early... but imo these matches are really boring from a spectator aspect... lots of single hit countering and redundant short combos.

I’m guessing the game might be more fun to play than watch, but I’m already bored with Krushing blows, they still feel very random... like if a blow is activated by being a counter move I just don’t see how tactical you can be... like are you really NOT going to counter something just to save it for when you need it?
I know there are all sorts of different requirements but they just aren’t looking very tactical.
And the lack of combo variety and slow floaty gameplay... I dunno, it’s the first post 3D NRS game that I’m really not hype about.
Also, I’m a huge fan of zoning but those last Sonya/Baraka zoning fights were excruciatingly boring.
As I said, I know it’s early, I imagine this game will take a long time for the meta to evolve but it’s not looking too exciting from a pick up and play aspect.
I’m gonna hold my breath and hope for the best.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Refreshing to see more good Skarlet gameplay. We got more good matches of most other characters after the reveal, but I haven't seen anyone else play her on a high level. The combos ending in the restand look tasty. Even though there is a lot of projectile war again, this gives me hope that there will be other viable playstyles with her than heavy zoning.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Don’t crucify me, I know it’s early... but imo these matches are really boring from a spectator aspect... lots of single hit countering and redundant short combos.

I’m guessing the game might be more fun to play than watch, but I’m already bored with Krushing blows, they still feel very random... like if a blow is activated by being a counter move I just don’t see how tactical you can be... like are you really NOT going to counter something just to save it for when you need it?
I know there are all sorts of different requirements but they just aren’t looking very tactical.
And the lack of combo variety and slow floaty gameplay... I dunno, it’s the first post 3D NRS game that I’m really not hype about.
Also, I’m a huge fan of zoning but those last Sonya/Baraka zoning fights were excruciatingly boring.
As I said, I know it’s early, I imagine this game will take a long time for the meta to evolve but it’s not looking too exciting from a pick up and play aspect.
K

I just like the bigger combos that we’re used to. I do like footsies and like I said I’m hoping the game is fun to play. It’s early, this isn’t the final build, and I’m still excited to play, just not as hype as with previous games.
Pretty much any negative input gets the "K" response in this board. No need to further explain why you feel the way you do.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I just like the bigger combos that we’re used to. I do like footsies and like I said I’m hoping the game is fun to play. It’s early, this isn’t the final build, and I’m still excited to play, just not as hype as with previous games.
Pretty much any negative input gets the "K" response in this board. No need to further explain why you feel the way you do.
Dayum Juggs' getting milked over here

It's the zoner vs the "good buttons" matchup on day -whatever.

There's plenty of footage shown of other matches with different characters and players that are a lot more interesting in the traditional way.

kevkopdx

Noob
It's the zoner vs the "good buttons" matchup on day -whatever.

There's plenty of footage shown of other matches with different characters and players that are a lot more interesting in the traditional way.
im keeping an open mind, I think I’ve watched all footage that is available. I remain skeptical about krushing blows.
I’ve reiterated that I realize it’s an early build, my opinion is based on what I’ve seen. Yes, there are other more interesting matches, but overall I’m still on the fence.
I’m sure there’s still a lot to be revealed.

Ger187

Noob
im keeping an open mind, I think I’ve watched all footage that is available. I remain skeptical about krushing blows.
I’ve reiterated that I realize it’s an early build, my opinion is based on what I’ve seen. Yes, there are other more interesting matches, but overall I’m still on the fence.
I’m sure there’s still a lot to be revealed.
The krushingblows are not so random since you have an option to hold a button to activate it

always shooting from the corners ... I'm really starting to doubt about this game ... I'm waiting for the beta ... but if that corner shooting remains I will never play the game online

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain

Friend, you're not even looking at day 1 footage. You're looking at hour 2 footage. Neither SonicFox nor HoneyBee had more time to learn the game, so the gameplay you see won't be the prettiest. And HoneyBee himself said that zoning is always big during such early exhibition matches, because special moves is the best, fastest and safest strategy to learn at the beginning.

You seem to be comparing MK11 to MKX judging by the gameplay you've seen so far, yet you don't pay attention to the fact that you're looking at two hours worth of playtime against two to four years worth of playtime.
The gameplay Ketchup and Mustard showed looked much better than what we saw from the younger players. And Ketchup and Mustard had a day to play the game, where the others are showcasing gameplay after only a couple of hours.

hatyr

ball roll enjoyer.
Looking at those MKX Fatal 8 combos compared to where MKX is now or even just a few months after the game's release. Them sexy 2-hit NJP converts of Ketchup for a bat setup.

I found it just as exciting as the pre-release MKX stuff, if not little more.

Last edited:

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I thought that was pretty hype. Yeah, it’s same same few strings and specials right now, but it’s pre-release. And that’s every fighting game, anyway. Is there any 2d fighter where you’re not using the same 3-4 strings 90% of the time?

The footsies and mind games were real. You could literally see Honeybee make Sonic respect the 2-hitting knee string before using staggers and canceling it into specials. Sonic following his restand ender with throw, high starter, or mid string. Honeybee doing d1~chop, d1~chop, d1~back-the-fuck-off-and-whiff-punish. That’s the kind of stuff that makes it entertaining to watch. If you just like long flashy combos, MvC is probably what you should be watching.

Even the zoning wars were nail-biters. They each came down to the last bit of chip and it could have gone either way. Thanks to the meter system, that wasn’t your classic fireball war. There were reads, guesses, risks, and heavy meter-management at play. I don’t think I’d ever seen a straight up zoning battle that was that interesting to watch.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Friend, you're not even looking at day 1 footage. You're looking at hour 2 footage. Neither SonicFox nor HoneyBee had more time to learn the game, so the gameplay you see won't be the prettiest. And HoneyBee himself said that zoning is always big during such early exhibition matches, because special moves is the best, fastest and safest strategy to learn at the beginning.

You seem to be comparing MK11 to MKX judging by the gameplay you've seen so far, yet you don't pay attention to the fact that you're looking at two hours worth of playtime against two to four years worth of playtime.
The gameplay Ketchup and Mustard showed looked much better than what we saw from the younger players. And Ketchup and Mustard had a day to play the game, where the others are showcasing gameplay after only a couple of hours.
His whole "I know it's early, but..." statement means that he knows the game will change once it's released. There's nothing wrong with stating concern over early footage because he's perfectly aware that it can and will change. But until it does, this kind of gameplay may be what we see early on.

Y'all gotta learn to just take an opinion for what it is.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
These matches are scrubby af. Look completely lost without lab time for set play and uses zero of the new mechanics except on complete accident

No doubt the game will be great when people actually learn it but these are jot a good showcase