What's new

HoneyBee vs SonicFox *WBEarlyAccess MK11 Gameplay*

E

Eldriken

I think the short hop just works when you jump vertically, in contrast KOF allows you to hop in any direction.
I think the short hop is done by just tapping up and holding up makes you do a full vertical jump.

trufenix

bye felicia
I think the best part is the person who originally said "less combos" has actually since retracted that statement about 4 times.

DeftMonk

Noob
I think the short hop is done by just tapping up and holding up makes you do a full vertical jump.
Well, still gonna add some really interesting stuff to the neutral. Imagine a char with a really far reaching njp and also a JC f3 knee from mkx. I’m looking forward to getting my hands on this game...I just hope the variations are done in such a way that you don’t need to unlock certain moves via lootboxes or something. Have they said wether or not perfect block will apply to projectiles? One thing I loved about sf4 was fdc to soak a projectile and get in. The way Nrs has always approached zoning (not that it’s impossible to get in) with projectiles not canceling each other when you both do them, and no real way to get in other than block inch forward block... never really made for fun gameplay in my opinion. Getting in always seemed less of a reward and more of a chore to me.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Well, still gonna add some really interesting stuff to the neutral. Imagine a char with a really far reaching njp and also a JC f3 knee from mkx. I’m looking forward to getting my hands on this game...I just hope the variations are done in such a way that you don’t need to unlock certain moves via lootboxes or something. Have they said wether or not perfect block will apply to projectiles? One thing I loved about sf4 was fdc to soak a projectile and get in. The way Nrs has always approached zoning (not that it’s impossible to get in) with projectiles not canceling each other when you both do them, and no real way to get in other than block inch forward block... never really made for fun gameplay in my opinion. Getting in always seemed less of a reward and more of a chore to me.

They've confirmed that all variation moves will be available from the start.

They haven't confirmed wether or not there will be base variations or if it's all customizable.

They have confirmed that Flawless Block applies to projectiles too.

E

Eldriken

They've confirmed that all variation moves will be available from the start.

They haven't confirmed wether or not there will be base variations or if it's all customizable.

They have confirmed that Flawless Block applies to projectiles too.
There's proof of Flawless Block applying to projectiles in the video. HoneyBee uses it a few times early on. It was nice to see.

JDM

Noob
ya this footage is ass. The killer xinok stuff is awesome. Geras vs Sonya set was so fun to watch and I actually am hype again to play. Just waiting on a character now!

Zaccel

Noob
Well, still gonna add some really interesting stuff to the neutral. Imagine a char with a really far reaching njp and also a JC f3 knee from mkx. I’m looking forward to getting my hands on this game...
Indeed. It'll be fun to see who gets the most utility from them.
It also informs how MK11's mixups may look overall--characters all have universal overheads, not universal lows.

Have they said wether or not perfect block will apply to projectiles? One thing I loved about sf4 was fdc to soak a projectile and get in. The way Nrs has always approached zoning (not that it’s impossible to get in) with projectiles not canceling each other when you both do them, and no real way to get in other than block inch forward block... never really made for fun gameplay in my opinion. Getting in always seemed less of a reward and more of a chore to me.
Flawless Block hasn't been stated to work versus projectiles, but it stands to reason that it does (blocking is blocking).
I might be in the minority, but I love how MK projectiles don't clash and see it as an important part of its identity under-the-hood. Say what you will, but zoning in SF--strategically dense and entertaining though it is--is slow-paced, perhaps even too much so for MK11 (so far). I have faith that NRS will continue to refine how the series works with that particular idiosyncrasy.

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
I think the best part is the person who originally said "less combos" has actually since retracted that statement about 4 times.
He hasn't retracted it, he's just had to provide further explanation because people are incapable of using common sense and understanding context. They turned a nuanced statement from 16Bit that was explaining there is less emphasis on those longer, set-your-controller-down combos into a statement that "there are no combos in the game." Which is not what he said.

kevkopdx

Noob
He hasn't retracted it, he's just had to provide further explanation because people are incapable of using common sense and understanding context. They turned a nuanced statement from 16Bit that was explaining there is less emphasis on those longer, set-your-controller-down combos into a statement that "there are no combos in the game." Which is not what he said.
Thank you! A person capable of comprehending something instead of being an idiotic troll!

+Darthbrooks: Don't know what you're watching dude because this looks anything but hot garbage or like action figures huh lol, at least NRS's are more realistic movements as oppose to generic anime 100 punches that will give someone an epileptic seizure...that looks more cartoony than anything.

The animations look amazing, not sure what you're looking at but hey to each his own. They look great to me and fluid and flashy af.
Ok, I should've written "my personal opinion is that the animations tend to look like hot garbage". Stiff grandpa-looking lows (Baraka, lol) and non-moving Batman-necks (most of the cast) still remind me of people unable to let go of the drawing doll in animation class. Jade looks hella cool though and I dig the presentation overall. I've spent thousands of hours on worse-looking games so I could care less in the end. I'm happy you like it!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ok, I should've written "my personal opinion is that the animations tend to look like hot garbage". Stiff grandpa-looking lows (Baraka, lol) and non-moving Batman-necks (most of the cast) still remind me of people unable to let go of the drawing doll in animation class. Jade looks hella cool though and I dig the presentation overall. I've spent thousands of hours on worse-looking games so I could care less in the end. I'm happy you like it!
Hi there! It's all good you're entitled to your opinion, I see the necks moving lol(except for Kabal) and improvement but all good. A lot of feedback in general with the animations in this game compared to some previous NRS games have been pretty positive plus these are earlier builds to be fair like I noticed in Kabal's trailer his neck is stiff but I'm sure it'll be polished once released, some moves that impressed me like the way Geras tackles you literally looks like someone is rushing you and picking you up and of course Jade. NRS games at least MK with martial art moves, tend to go for that realistic slower animation as oppose to some other fighters with anime "blur" effects. To each his own, thanks. The animations looks awesome to me overall though I definitely think that some characters animated better than others I agree with ya there.

Atleast MK11 looks like an improvement over mkx. Mkx animations... lol

MK11 did alot better overal. Idle poses could be better tho.

i just watch the new videos from Bee and it was boring AF , its not the combos but mostly how to open people up since almost everything is reactible i get the same vibe watching SFV

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I cant pass judgement on the game yet. People havent discovered tech, havent lab-ed characters long enough, are still learning and getting used to the motion, etc.
In like a year, we are gonna look back at those videos and think wow did we suck. Hell go watch very early MKX videos, that shit is painful to watch.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
imo
Mk9 skarlet > mk11 skarlet
mk11 baraka > mk9 baraka
I said this a while back. I've never seen a characters playstyle so drastically changed than Skarlet. Mk9 Skarlet looks way more appealing than Mk11 but I still have to play it to know for sure.
Rose tinted glasses, MK9 Skarlet only works on MK9, was extremely demanding in execution, shit without meter, and in most cases was forced to do what make huge risks, condition people to stand block to play the long game?

From everything i've seen so far, its true that she has none of her normals, or specials, but most of her moves have most of her MK9 proprieties without all the things that were heavily attached to that game brokeness, like projectile OTG, Imba Armor, restand, stance jailing, insane chip loops and super demanding execution.

Outside of these, her walkspeed seems just as fast as in MK9, and walking back seems to be a lot more faster while covering more ground compared to MK9, her dash recovers much quicker than most, her range seems long as her MK9 space control, her projectiles no longer have mosquito size hitboxes and a lot of things that where shit in MK9 were actually improved on redesign in Mk11 as a better teleport, more consistent restand, better projectiles, hability to actually regain health by blood, armor replacement with a cancelable/holdable parry.

She still has one blockstring with 1,2, 4 ~ blood tentacle, and there is a possiblity of having chip loops, something to test on game's release.

Basically her main difference from previous interaction are on normals and combo starters, MK9 Skarlet had among the best d3s in the game, hitbox was so low that low profiled some mids, these Skarlet pokes outside of standing 1 are all slows.

MK9 Started combos from specials which where all overhead starters, MK11 Skarlet has low starter strings that can start a combo in corner or midscreen with a certain special.

My only concern so far seems to be that her mids are pretty slow, so i'm not seeing just yet how will i deal with certain types of pressure if i can't cover that angle with a quick mid she doesn't have, seems like her choice will be to read lows to hop and crush or mids she can parry.

Outside of that she really looks like ready to collect some blood.

So i don't buy these Mk9 Skarlet greater than Mk11 Skarlet, if we take Skarlet from MK9 and put her in this game without the armor, no jailing system, no uber plus frames, no projectile OTG, she will suck balls

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I don't disagree with the overall point of your post, I just want to know what "big combos" you've seen with sub zero? Seems like every video I saw with him was a combo with him doing 1 string into ex slide KB. lot of damage, sure, but it was like 5 hits and boring af. lol
Like I'd almost want to get rid of slide, since it doesn't avoid anything but high projectiles, and go with ice ball (free combo/trades/etc), rising ice (combo ability/potential anti air), and puddle (potential anti wakeup/combo ability) lol.
Sub-Zero's slide is a meterless launcher in the corner. I don't know if you know that yet or not, but it's pretty awesome and opens Sub up for some corner swag.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Sub-Zero's slide is a meterless launcher in the corner. I don't know if you know that yet or not, but it's pretty awesome and opens Sub up for some corner swag.
I don't do swag. lol

I mean, that's great and all, but I like efficient and simple combos/setups that are easy to get consistently. Doesn't matter how swaggy something is if you can't land it all the time in an actual match.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I don't do swag. lol

I mean, that's great and all, but I like efficient and simple combos/setups that are easy to get consistently. Doesn't matter how swaggy something is if you can't land it all the time in an actual match.
I'm sure it'll be practical.

E

Eldriken

I don't do swag. lol

This, so much. I'd rather stick to what works and has hardly any room for error. Imagine trying to showboat by being flashy and losing in grand finals due to dropping the shit. No thanks.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Hi there! It's all good you're entitled to your opinion, I see the necks moving lol(except for Kabal) and improvement but all good. A lot of feedback in general with the animations in this game compared to some previous NRS games have been pretty positive plus these are earlier builds to be fair like I noticed in Kabal's trailer his neck is stiff but I'm sure it'll be polished once released, some moves that impressed me like the way Geras tackles you literally looks like someone is rushing you and picking you up and of course Jade. NRS games at least MK with martial art moves, tend to go for that realistic slower animation as oppose to some other fighters with anime "blur" effects. To each his own, thanks. The animations looks awesome to me overall though I definitely think that some characters animated better than others I agree with ya there.
The only "complaint" I have with the animations, and this is more of a wish for the future than anything, is that it would be amazing if there were two similar sets of stand/idle/move animations for fighters, the regular one they start with, and a more tired looking set with heavier breathing and less controlled posture, that kicks in, say, halfway into round 2 if they lost round 1, and halfway into round 3 if they lost round 2. Basically -- a more realistic version of what MK9 tried to do with flesh being ripped off.

Now that the graphics are this god damn good, it's getting a little weird how characters look perfectly postured and perfectly ready to keep fighting, when they're at 1% hp on the second round, about to go dizzy and get Fatality'd.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The only "complaint" I have with the animations, and this is more of a wish for the future than anything, is that it would be amazing if there were two similar sets of stand/idle/move animations for fighters, the regular one they start with, and a more tired looking set with heavier breathing and less controlled posture, that kicks in, say, halfway into round 2 if they lost round 1, and halfway into round 3 if they lost round 2. Basically -- a more realistic version of what MK9 tried to do with flesh being ripped off.

Now that the graphics are this god damn good, it's getting a little weird how characters look perfectly postured and perfectly ready to keep fighting, when they're at 1% hp on the second round, about to go dizzy and get Fatality'd.
haha that's a great idea man, yeah because in real life(and I know MK, games etc aren't real) but I know what you mean after a while your stance, posture changes depending how the match is going. Maybe down the line? Cause I mean MK introduced real battle damage, scraps, bruising then they went from that to the whole real life rounds where the guy just gets up, while the other gives him space as oppose to full black screen and "Round 3" starts at the same exact position as early MK's and SF's where it just reset the whole round from the start.

Yeah, I feel like they toned down the battle damage a little bit with the last two MK games compared to MK 9 and Deadly Alliance etc

E

Eldriken

Hopefully there isn't an abundance of sweat on your character like in MKX. There was so much that even your fingernails had sweat on them.