What's new

HoneyBee vs SonicFox *WBEarlyAccess MK11 Gameplay*

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
They take away alot of creative options that players have. it's a good thing to make the game more based on footsies. But atleast make the game mobile enough to make the footsies worth it. Hella recovery isnt making the footsies fun or usefull - strategic.
How You can punish move on whiff, when it have no recovery? Recovery - one of main thing in footsie mechanic, you cannot press buttons without brain, when opponent can read it and go away and punish your whiffed move on recovery

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
+Darthbrooks: Don't know what you're watching dude because this looks anything but hot garbage or like action figures huh lol, at least NRS's are more realistic movements as oppose to generic anime 100 punches that will give someone an epileptic seizure...that looks more cartoony than anything.

The animations look amazing, not sure what you're looking at but hey to each his own. They look great to me and fluid and flashy af.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I would have watched it but those two characters I'm not interested in playing and Baraka seems like a boring character to play as. Is it just I or the only combo opportunity he has is getting someone in a corner and spending all their offensive meter on chop chop?

I would have watched it but those two characters I'm not interested in playing and Baraka seems like a boring character to play as. Is it just I or the only combo opportunity he has is getting someone in a corner and spending all their offensive meter on chop chop?
I’ve heard Baraka is basically unfinished in this version of the game with very few special moves. Ketchup and Mustards breakdown showed a lot more tools he has access to and he looks a lot better. On the most recent kombat kast as well, they showcased a midrange lunge that goes hella far and looks pretty ridiculous.

trufenix

bye felicia
He has two strings that launch meter lessly on punish (krushing blow) and his blade charge launches on amplify. He also has the same wake up anti-air launcher as everyone else.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I’ve heard Baraka is basically unfinished in this version of the game with very few special moves. Ketchup and Mustards breakdown showed a lot more tools he has access to and he looks a lot better. On the most recent kombat kast as well, they showcased a midrange lunge that goes hella far and looks pretty ridiculous.
I saw that on the Kombat Kast but a flag lunge isn't going to pop up an enemy for a combo, unless they had a move where he can enhance it to do so. I hope he's unfinished cause looking at his gameplay sure feels that way.

trufenix

bye felicia
Also, shoutouts to Honeybee (can't find his tag) for taking footage and posting vids of him getting his back seriously blown out by Sonic in a game he's clearly only been playing for five minutes just so we can get a better look at it.

Bravo, good sir!

I saw that on the Kombat Kast but a flag lunge isn't going to pop up an enemy for a combo, unless they had a move where he can enhance it to do so. I hope he's unfinished cause looking at his gameplay sure feels that way.
He does have a special called gutted that he can ex to launch with. Baraka does seem like he might be meter intensive, but with large payouts when he opens you up. His damage seems pretty solid right now compared to other chars especially when you factor in KBs.

trufenix

bye felicia
The flag gives him a very "ice clone" similar set up in the corner with the armored charge. He can also combo into the flag hard knockdown to set it up. Baraka is going to be very strong in the corner.

How You can punish move on whiff, when it have no recovery? Recovery - one of main thing in footsie mechanic, you cannot press buttons without brain, when opponent can read it and go away and punish your whiffed move on recovery
Nowhere have i sayd or intent to say to have a game with no recovery. I dont know what makes you think i suggest a game that is recovery free.. like i said, SF is a good example where footsies work well. Still the game feels mobile and fast in comparisson to MK11 where the game is said to feel slow and stiff. Same can be said about T7. Game feels fluid and fast, i can move quickly across the screen while being strategic and balanced.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
In the time it took you to type this, if you had read the full 2 page thread, you would see someone else has already pointed this out. So yes, I forgot about that aspect. I’m still not sold on the system and watching the animations has already become redundant and boring in my opinion.
Why everyone is so catty over a casual opinion of an unfinished game is beyond me. Who cares, we’ll see how it plays at launch. But videos like the one in this thread aren’t hyping me up. My opinion, k bye.
Because you typed a novel talking authoritatively about a mechanic you don’t even understand and pointed to it as evidence of the game being less strategic and more casual based. That’s just dumb.

Just admit it; your issue basically amounts to “tHeRe’S nO cOmBoS nO mOrE”.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
I’d be lying if I said the tuned down combos was a good edition. Say what you want about MKX but the combo variety and execution barrier was great.
Outside of maybe Liu IAFB combos and people overrating Raiden combo difficulty where is all this execution barrier stuff? The buffer windows and cancel advantages and time to hit confirm off of safe multi hit strings and a bunch of capture state/long hit stun specials makes MKX one of the lowest execution fighters out there.

I mean, that’s fine, I find combos very satisfying and flashy, I don’t need inflated execution. Requirements to have fun, but I don’t get your point with that part.

What makes you so sure that there won’t be combo variety? Scorpion has big combos, with multiple routes depending on variation, sonic showed off good combo potential with Skarlett, Sub has big combos, 50/50s and reset/rest add, Geras has combos with certain specials.....

There may not be 25-30 hit combos that last 30 seconds like Kitana or something, but they’re not just simply comboless.

Honestly, it’s not that fun to get opened up once, and then put the controller down for 15 seconds and lose 40-50% of your life.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
lol zoning ain't running, just keeping your ass far :D
coward noob shit fuck

also:

Hi, I added you to friends on Steam because you wrecked me repeatedly so it's you who's a noob because I lost to you and it's your fault that I can't duck your trait.

Or:

Hi, you just lost a single ranked set to me and I felt like adding you to tell you how strongly I feel about defeating you because I struggle against your character. Also you're a noob and I wish horrible illness upon you and your entire family, kind sir.

Furthermore:

I crouch repeatedly because this is how I let you know that I take this game far too seriously for my own good and I'm hoping to engage in heated argument about whose mother is the bigger whore once I defeat you repeatedly. In the case of you being victorious, however, you're a noob and you cheated.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Well it didn't help that honeybee never used the string that has the krushing blow attached to it. The krushing blow lets baraka combo off that string.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Sub has big combos
I don't disagree with the overall point of your post, I just want to know what "big combos" you've seen with sub zero? Seems like every video I saw with him was a combo with him doing 1 string into ex slide KB. lot of damage, sure, but it was like 5 hits and boring af. lol

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I don't disagree with the overall point of your post, I just want to know what "big combos" you've seen with sub zero? Seems like every video I saw with him was a combo with him doing 1 string into ex slide KB. lot of damage, sure, but it was like 5 hits and boring af. lol

This has some using string into iceball, string into the mb rising ice, string into ender