What's new

Gorilla Grodd General Discussion Thread

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
general gripes

- 22 shouldn't be punishable on block
- if 22 should be punishable on block, please don't make 223 punishable on block, like -4 or -6. Cause I don't wanna have to rely on stampede cancels which are finicky at best to make my only normal string that leads me to any real damage safe. And if I botch the stampede cancel then im even more punishable on block again.
- despite what you heard about cheetah and batman, grodd vs aquaman probably most lopsided match in the game. Even outside the fact aquaman does more damage, has more range, faster good moves etc etc, simple matter of fact is grodd combo structure leaves opponent standing because of multiple b2's which means aquaman breaks out with trait for free all the time. Grodd's opportunities to get damage don't come often and by the time you get your next one its very reasonable to expect trait to be up again.
That and grodd is fat as hell and aquaman d2 laughs at all his attempts to be in the air.
- trait and trait moves kinda suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why does trait fly-earthshaker take a full bar to do no friggin damage.

I would rather fight fate or deadshot then aquaman lol I also agree with the stampede cancel bullshit If they were more reliable then alright fuck it but having to rely on shitty input that comes out 1 time out of 100 is really fucking dumb.

I get they wanted to make this character difficult because of his damage out put but giving him lack luster tools , honestly a useless trait besides the immunity (goodluck getting that on without killing your self) a hand full of strings that are only safe when you use stampede cancels (goodluck) or his tele push which on hit pushes them almost full screen... because I want them full screen.

The more I play long sets against good ppl the more obvious his problems are.

TRG

Grodd God
On a slightly lighter note I just made a sick comeback vs a decent Deadshot online. Was at around 10-15% health and my opponent had a full bar but I managed to clutch the W.

Not my smoothest gameplay by any means (had a lot of input errors) but still very satisfying so I thought I'd share. I'll also gladly take any critiques.

TRG

Grodd God
Yeah I do tend to fall in love with his leap too often. I feel like my Grodd game will improve a lot of I can get my vortexes going without relying on it so heavily.

Also, that Primitive Pound gear move is pretty sweet, it replaces his Ground Pound and comes out with an overhead and then a low attack. I think it's fast enough at 14 frames of startup to not be hit out of after a string like the default pound, although it's -10 on block. And the meterburn works like that ground pound move Kuatan Warrior Goro had in MKX. Could be a cool buff if they made it default.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I knew this character was going to be bad the instant I tried out all his moves. Sucks because playing as a talking Harambe sounds hype.

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
There are a few gripes I have when it comes to grodds frame data TBH.

But honestly. The only thing that would make him low tier to me would be like 2-3 match ups that could end up being horrendous. Catwoman is already one for me. Some others are on the way (harley quinn, aquaman)

the 22 strings are by far the saddest things for me to look at

Stand 2 by itself is -21
22 has a gap
223 is -11
22 1+3 is -15 (this is the only one that makes some kind of sense because it can launch)

All in all. the stampede cancels hold a lot of weight. Seems like they're easier on hitbox. But i'll just try to master it on stick. Too valuable

There are a few gripes I have when it comes to grodds frame data TBH.

But honestly. The only thing that would make him low tier to me would be like 2-3 match ups that could end up being horrendous. Catwoman is already one for me. Some others are on the way (harley quinn, aquaman)

the 22 strings are by far the saddest things for me to look at

Stand 2 by itself is -21
22 has a gap
223 is -11
22 1+3 is -15 (this is the only one that makes some kind of sense because it can launch)

All in all. the stampede cancels hold a lot of weight. Seems like they're easier on hitbox. But i'll just try to master it on stick. Too valuable
I honestly dont understand why they fuck over his 22 string so much lol already unsafe but they add a gap in it. stampede cancels help just hard af to do but like you said to valuable to not do. The difficulty is holding this character back.

Last edited:

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
Guys. NRS needs our feedback. We must write them about Grodd.
I think, first things, that Grodd must recieve:
1) 22 have gaps and unsafe. Choose one, NRS
2) 223 safe on block will be good.
3) Trait most ussless now. Need reworking trait abilities
4) SC must buffered
5) Ground pound looks ussless too, in most times... Rework Paulo, plz

Guys. NRS needs our feedback. We must write them about Grodd.
I think, first things, that Grodd must recieve:
1) 22 have gaps and unsafe. Choose one, NRS
2) 223 safe on block will be good.
3) Trait most ussless now. Need reworking trait abilities
4) SC must buffered
5) Ground pound looks ussless too, in most times... Rework Paulo, plz
22's gap being removed and having 223 be safe on block would be a nice pairing.

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
GODS OF NETHERREALM!! WHY U HATE US SO MUCH??? BICOZ WE DIFFERENT?? ANOTHER SKIN COLOUR, TOO MUCH HAIR??? OUR LEGS LOOKS LIKES ARMS, BICOZ OF IT??? APE'S LIFE MATTER!