What's new

Gorilla Grodd General Discussion Thread

112 plus 11 B1 plus 9 F2 plus 5 S2 plus 2 B2 plus 2 S1 minus 1 D2 minus 3 D1 minus 4 or 5 11 minus 5 all variations of s3 minus 4 or less

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
1 is high so u can uppercut or d1, also 112 has a gap. I wonder what is his best blockstring that can highly jail closer to block infinite? B1 x sc x b1? any ideas?

Wigy

There it is...
1 is high so u can uppercut or d1, also 112 has a gap. I wonder what is his best blockstring that can highly jail closer to block infinite? B1 x sc x b1? any ideas?
All his mega plus are slow as shit.

His pressure doesn't work like cage, it's more for creating staggers. He's a footsie beast

I mean if they don't punish the gap you could do 112 sc f2 sc b2 sc d1 mb stampede and they would have to hold it all

Last edited:

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Yeah we can just have endless unavoidable mindless chip zoning instead.
seems pretty avoidable to me, and if they can keep you where they want you the whole match, then that means the character works.

an ineffectual zoner isnt a zoner at all, they need to be able to actually do what they're playstyle suggests.

there are several characters in this game that rushdown very well without extended jailing pressure. your comment fell completely flat.

Wigy

There it is...
seems pretty avoidable to me, and if they can keep you where they want you the whole match, then that means the character works.

an ineffectual zoner isnt a zoner at all, they need to be able to actually do what they're playstyle suggests.

there are several characters in this game that rushdown very well without extended jailing pressure. your comment fell completely flat.
When did I comment on the state of rushdown? Putting words in my mouth there.

And Starfire. Watched enough of her at the top level chipping the living shit out of everyone doing the same 0 read nonsense and if you get tagged it starts all over again, same flowchart shit that removes the ability for most characters to do anything but duck walk and hold it.. You know something they don't aye?

This arguments been done over and over I'm not really interested. Just a matter of perception on whether folks think all the zoning is cheesy or not. Agree to disagree.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
well starfire wouldnt be a very good zoner if you could just barge your way in now would she? i wouldnt say her zoning is the problem, more so the functionality of her bf2 and the fact that they gave her a command grab which she didnt need. Anyway this is getting way off topic.

Wigy

There it is...
well starfire wouldnt be a very good zoner if you could just barge your way in now would she? i wouldnt say her zoning is the problem, more so the functionality of her bf2 and the fact that they gave her a command grab which she didnt need. Anyway this is getting way off topic.
I'm not saying she's mad OP. Just she needs to make way less hard reads with way lower execution.

But like ya said off topic.