Gorilla Grodd General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gorilla Grodd' started by Wemfs, May 17, 2017.

1. Skedar70

Skedar70 Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

I still dont get it

2. Wigy

Wigy There it is...

if forward jump for grodd took like 40 frames now it takes 38 frames. This is just from how they worded it, i havent tested anything.

Not sure why they'd do this.. his jump is so floaty than 2 frames means jack shit unless its there to specifically get rid of his ghetto vortex or something.

3. Skedar70

Premium Supporter

Probably so that he can also jump in between molten trap and the mb like everybody else. Don't know maybe.

gofrogs827 and Wigy like this.
  4. Wigy

Wigy There it is...

Ah shit yeah, hadnt thought of that. Thats probably the most likely thing. Will have to see how it effects his game otherwise though i doubt 2 frames will do anything.

gofrogs827 likes this.
  5. Cursa

Cursa Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.

It means length of time. Frames are a unit of time, not a distance. They just worded it poorly I think.

Wigy likes this.
  6. Cursa

Does it affect the vortex where you end in B2xxStampede cancel into ambiguous J2?

Also just seen how much difference it actually makes. Seems pretty good considering it was only 2 frames.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  7. Ive noticed 2xxleap up close crosses up now, it didnt before.

2xxSC crossover 2 very hard to stuff. Tested on aquamans d2

Marinjuana likes this.
  8. TheRealOnlyGoonie

TheRealOnlyGoonie Hey You Guys

WHOS GOT THE FRAMES ON HIS CANCELS NOW????

Flamelurkr and gofrogs827 like this.
  9. Labbing his leap cancels seem more consistant now... holding away after leap then cancelling into grab, leap, and even stampede

2xxleap crossover followed up with 22 can be backdashed, cant be d2 out of. Low risk

Backdashes get stuffed with leap cancel into throw ...but of course gets stuffed with d2. Much more risky.

ChoseDeath and Marinjuana like this.
  10. Marinjuana

Marinjuana Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes

D2~SC is at least -4, being safe against SG's super. You can easily combo off of it. That's pretty neat.

ChoseDeath likes this.
  11. Marinjuana

12. Cursa

I'm assuming this now works because of the recent changes to stampede. Any frame data on it? I assume it's basically safe unless armour broken.

Actually a kind of important tool though, especially in accordance with Grodd's gameplan as a whole. It gives him more threat in the neutral, even if it is pretty situational. And far more in his plus frames.

13. Belial

Belial Noob

Stampede armor has startup of 7 frames so its a gimick at best

14. Marinjuana

I think it's only situationally useful but I don't think it's a gimmick. There will be situations where you can use this where a MB B3 or a MB B3 Dash wouldn't work. Plus, if you can do both a Flash Parry and a MB B3 in a given situation, it could be more optimal to go for the FP depending on what you are trying to do in your combo path. I think in general this is useful for getting past some projectiles and maybe even punishing them in certain situations. And more options are always good.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    PND OmegaK likes this.
  15. Skedar70

Premium Supporter

This has always worked. This isn't new. Its not a big deal either and its unreliable because Grodd only has armor while he is running and not when he cancels the stampede so if you are imprecise you will get hit.

Wigy and gofrogs827 like this.
  16. dribirut

dribirut BLAK FELOW

17. Marinjuana

Not vouching for the usefulness of what was shown in the video, just that it's the first video I've seen showing off the concept.

18. Cursa

So basically you can't do instant MB stampede and as a result you can't get instant armour?

That's trash as shit

19. Skedar70

Premium Supporter

The move requires some frames to become active in order to get armor. Its not that instantly. You than have to absorb a hit with the armor and then cancel and then punish. Its useful but you gotta be precise.

gofrogs827 likes this.
  20. Cursa

Yeah that's what I am saying

gofrogs827 likes this.
  21. Wigy

Wigy There it is...

So fucking around with things as I'm bored.

112 SC on hit, depending on timing can end up in front or behind the opponent for a f3 or b1 which hits meaty. People surprisingly don't tech roll this cause it's a launcher so they're expecting the combo.

After wall bounce on gorilla city u can do a dash and sc, and again can end up in front or behind them based on timing.

Same also goes for f2 SC after a b3 (ya need the gravity to not scale much for this one to work)

Not sure if this is known. People get so used to the restand that u can really fuck with them with side switching and doing a f3 or b1 instead.

Probably better to just use his b2 vortex but I always found the j3 conversion finnicky.

ChoseDeath, Skedar70, Belial and 2 others like this.
  22. Wigy

Wigy There it is...

If anyone's interested I can do a video of all of this but I'm sure grodd mains know what's going on here with the SC corpse hop

TotallyNotKotalKahn likes this.
  23. ChoseDeath

ChoseDeath Bane, Grodd, Wonder Woman, Swamp Donkey.
    Premium Supporter

PSN:
    ChoseDeath
    I'd like to see it, if you wanna make it. I haven't played in months so I'm out of the loop.

24. After d3, immediately perform stampede mb.... cancel after crossup.. any attack gets armored or you can continue pressure if they dont wake up

25. gofrogs827

gofrogs827 Noob

Hopping corpses my dudes

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might