What's new

Gorilla Grodd General Discussion Thread

TotallyNotKotalKahn

Low Tier Addict
Or we could actually discuss Grodd you know. Who am i writing these big posts for
Scrubs like me. Also thanks for the competitive write up. We need to find a way to get paolo to read and respond to that post. I feel like its very well thought out and has valid concerns about grodd's overall design in relation to what "role" he is designed to play. I dont want to accept grodd as a non tourney character but as a bo rai cho main i dont see much of a way to avoid that. Bo was the same way, great animations, buttloads of fun to play and watch, but seemingly intentionally designed to keep him out of top 8s.

I pray that there will be a XL like pack that gives tk push to grodd's regular kit, or something to help deal with AM and WOWO. Until such time you have to have a pocket counterpick for those characters if you wanna break top 8 with grodd anywhere near your controller. Not gonna stop labbing him though, too much fun.

Hopefully i can convince tampas bison (a guy belial found) to enter WOTG a couple of times to get some grodd representation cause that dude has the execution to be hella dangerous, and he seems to have the instincts to land some wins.

Wigy

There it is...
With dd1-2

I cant seem to link any specials aside from db2 and leap is that meant to be the case?

Fucking around with f2 float as an oki option vs certain characters.
If you time it right they will go flying under you (which can be punished with dd1 mb) and if they dont wake up you’re +7 or get a combo.

Restands great but cant really open them up aside from grabs after.

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
* Gorilla Grodd - reduced length of jump forward, backward, & up by 2 frames

* Gorilla Grodd - slightly increased initial step forward and step backward speed

* Gorilla Grodd - Stampede Cancel now have a more distinct animation and recovers 2 frames faster

Skedar70

Noob
* Gorilla Grodd - reduced length of jump forward, backward, & up by 2 frames.

I don't get this change does this mean that Grodd has less reach when he jumps. Reducing the length doesn't mean he jumps faster.

* Gorilla Grodd - slightly increased initial step forward and step backward speed.

This means that his startup walk speed has been increased. Startup not his walkspeed. This is good though.

* Gorilla Grodd - Stampede Cancel now have a more distinct animation and recovers 2 frames faster

The animation sucks. It says that the stampede cancels recover faster so that means that some of his cancel pressure should be plus again, but I was testing yesterday and it seems the same 22sc is still negative b2 cancel is neutral and 112 sc is very plus.

Wigy

There it is...
@Skedar70

Reducing something by a unit of time does make it faster? from the way its worded, length is the same just his hang time thats changed.