What's new

General discussion Tech/Strategy/Questions

If you spam crouch, you'll turn around faster I think...I still do D1~Teleport to crossovers, and I just spam crouch over and over until it's D1 time.
Ill give it a shot. I appreciate the advise.

For the record, you shouldn't bother trying this online.
Lag does make it more difficult just like everything else but someone I was playing against today did it to me steady. His cross ups were why I lost cause he could escape the vortex.

Well, I got my friend Victor Guapo as a sparring partner and we realized that my problem was that I was always blocking so Scorpion wouldnt turn around fast enough, so now that I dont block when I see them jump I can hit the d1 AA pretty consistantly cause his hit box is bigger than I thought, meaning that it's fairly easy to do even with lag. Lag only causes them to fall down quicker.

My d1 anti cross up is:

D1, Dash, 3~TP (33 sometimes), Dash, 111~Spear into vortex.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Well, I got my friend Victor Guapo as a sparring partner and we realized that my problem was that I was always blocking so Scorpion wouldnt turn around fast enough, so now that I dont block when I see them jump I can hit the d1 AA pretty consistantly cause his hit box is bigger than I thought, meaning that it's fairly easy to do even with lag. Lag only causes them to fall down quicker.

My d1 anti cross up is:

Btw, I LOVE your Air to Air punch, d4 into vortex combo. So fucking cool looking.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I find the follow up 1,1 mucch easier to do than any other alternative, but thats just me
I use 3~teleport instead for aesthetic reasons and cause it's more reflexive for me. 11~TP is easier on paper and probobly for most people but they both do 30% damage so it doesnt matter.

Btw, I LOVE your Air to Air punch, d4 into vortex combo. So fucking cool looking.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
:)

So... why doesn't this work? I connect with the f 43 spear after doing a spear earlier in the combo and no b2 yet they just lay there and the f4 or b2 miss as they're on the ground. I've seen it work before, why doesn't it now?
youre doing the f4 or b2 too late probably

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
The secret is not holding block or releasing it very prematurely. The devs wont admit it but releasing block add's 2 frames of start up to your d1 which can cause failure. If you aren't holding block and you attempt d1, your opponents cross up JP will whiff anyway.

So just try to condition your muscle memory to react to the situation correctly, eventually it will become second nature.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!

My d1 anti cross up is:

There is better and easier one. D1 D4 teleport punch 111 spear into vortex.
You don't need to dash for the d4 and d4 has bigger hit box. Try it!

BTW in case u didnt know. d4 teleport can also be used against crossups. sometimes when I throw out a d4 people jump over me, since my fingers are already on the d4, I sometimes throw out another d4 to mess up their cross jump punches
Yes, I know. I also know that a standing 3~TP and 11~TP can be used as anti cross ups.

There is better and easier one. D1 D4 teleport punch 111 spear into vortex.

You don't need to dash for the d4 and d4 has bigger hit box. Try it!
Many options there are.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
The secret is not holding block or releasing it very prematurely. The devs wont admit it but releasing block add's 2 frames of start up to your d1 which can cause failure. If you aren't holding block and you attempt d1, your opponents cross up JP will whiff anyway.

So just try to condition your muscle memory to react to the situation correctly, eventually it will become second nature.
Ugh, why isn't the transition 0 frames? GJ NRS.

Scorpion has an excellent mix up game due to his combination of overheads, lows, D1, and 33. Feel free to be critical or contribute. Im pretty sure I forgot a few things.

Safe Mix Ups:

Use these to condition or "check" your opponent to block high or low and take note of their reactions to your pressure to make your unsafe big damage mix ups safer. It's important to use 33 after 11, for example, early on to condition your opponent to keep blocking so you will have the freedom to follow it up with a vortex starter.

Pay attention to when they cross up before attempting an extended mix up so you dont get full comboed and also so you can be better prepared to AA them into vortex. After they've been conditioned to keep their cross ups at a minimum you will essentially have them in a Scorpion "frame trap" so you will pretty much have free reign to beat them down as long as you do it right, meaning use the D1 and 33 as stoppage.

Keep in mind that you can also cancel their wake ups after you knock them down with safe strings as long as you can get to them in time. This is a very useful safe strategy to get them cornered and just beat the hell out of them.

Note: You dont have to start with a JIP every time.

JIP, 11, 1, 11
JIP, 11, 1, 11, D1
JIP, 11, D1, 11
JIP, 11, D1, 11, D1
JIP, 11, D1, 11, D1, D4
JIP, 11, Takedown
JIP, 11, 1, 11, Takedown
JIP, 11, D1, 11, Takedown
JIP, 11, D1, 11, D1, Takedown
JIP, 11, D1, 11, D1, D4, Takedown
JIP, 11, 2, 1, Takedown

JIP, 11, 33, 4
JIP, 11, 33, 4, D1
JIP, 11, D1, 33, 4
JIP, 11, D1, 33, 4, D1
JIP, 11, 1, 11, 33, 4
JIP, 11, 1, 11, 33, 4, D1
JIP, 11, D1, 11, 33, 4
JIP, 11, D1, 11, 33, 4, D1

JIP, 11, F3
JIP, 11, F3, 33, 4
JIP, 11, F3, 33, 4, D1
JIP, 11, F3, D1, 33, 4
JIP, 11, F3, D1, 33, 4, D1

JIP, 11, F4, 3
JIP, 11, F4, 3, 33, 4
JIP, 11, F4, 3, 33, 4, D1
JIP, 11, F4, 3, D1, 33, 4

JIP, 11, F4, 3, D1, 33, 4, D1

JIP, 11, 2, 1+2, Takedown
JIP, 11, F2, 1, Takedown
JIP, 11, 2, 1, 2

JIP, F3
JIP, F3, D1
JIP, F3, 33, 4
JIP, F3, 33, 4, D1
JIP, F3, D1, 33, 4
JIP, F3, D1, 33, 4, D1

JIP, F4, 3
JIP, F4, 3, D1
JIP, F4, 3, 33, 4
JIP, F4, 3, 33, 4, D1
JIP, F4, 3, D1, 33, 4
JIP, F4, 3, D1, 33, 4, D1

Unsafe Big Damage Mix Ups:

Vortex and Void starters are best used after a safe string for various reasons. After taking note of your opponents reactions to your safe pressure you will know if they'll be blocking low or high after 11, for example. Now it's no longer a 50/50 and if they've already been conditioned to be wary of crossing you up, there will be no escape from the vortex. Their health bar will be in the red. No coming back from that.

It's also much harder to fuzzy guard a starter after a safe string.

Note: You dont have to start with a JIP every time.

JIP, 11, 2, 1+2~TP or Spear
JIP, 11, 1, 11, 2, 1+2~TP or Spear
JIP, 11, D1, 11, 2, 1+2~TP or Spear

JIP, 11, F4~Spear
JIP, 11, 1, 11, F4~Spear
JIP, 11, D1, 11, F4~Spear

33~Spear should mostly be used for punishing and anti pressure.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
So... why doesn't this work? I connect with the f 43 spear after doing a spear earlier in the combo and no b2 yet they just lay there and the f4 or b2 miss as they're on the ground. I've seen it work before, why doesn't it now?
Ya, I practiced with scorp for a few hours this morning and got the timing down. The window to hit the F4 etc is not huge and you cant wait too long to do it

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
Well, looks like I'll have to re-adjust my game against you HANZO.

Always a good game between you and I. Where have you been lately? Practicing in player matches?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
<----How Scorpion's meant to be played!

The dollar menu is good, variation of the dollar menu with takedown/throw, f4~takedown/throw, 21+2 takedown(nice high, mid, low mixup), F3/throw, 33/throw, 334/throw, 33~takedown, d1~takedown, d4~takedown

F43 has some bad recovery though. People need to use more 21+2 though, it's safe on block with takedown!

<----How Scorpion's meant to be played!

The dollar menu is good, variation of the dollar menu with takedown/throw, f4~takedown/throw, 21+2 takedown(nice high, mid, low mixup), F3/throw, 33/throw, 334/throw, 33~takedown, d1~takedown, d4~takedown

F43 has some bad recovery though. People need to use more 21+2 though, it's safe on block with takedown!
Yeah, I think I may use a throw once per fight but I should use them more often. I didnt link Takedown to 33 or any kicks cause if you hit them with it you also stop pressuring them and I've realized that you cant get to them in time to cancel their wake ups. But with a 33, 4 knockdown, for example, you can dash to them in time and cancel their wake ups with F3, f4, 3, so on and so forth. The idea is to get them cornered.

F4, 3 has long recovery but it's useful for provoking cross ups or following it up with 33, 4 or D1. I'll still include your stuff in the list. D1 and D4~Takedown is already in there.

The trick is to know when to let go of block. I was dickin' around in player matches using my tertiary Johnny Cage and his D+1 is anti-crossup just like Scorpion's. So I did it a few times by accident then I invited a friend to practice it. Now I D+1~Flash Kick and is beautiful. Scorpion's is still way better IMO.
JC can D1 anti crosss up into frame trap which is almost as powerful as Scorpion's D1 anti cross up into vortex imo.