What's new

General discussion Tech/Strategy/Questions

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Quick question, can you do this after any 2nd spear in a combo or do you have to end in f4,3 spear? This seems to be really good, cant wait to try it out. That bnb is a much higher damage option which means you don't have to guess right as many times as with the normal vortex. Is there a good reason to use his normal vortex options over this one besides off of a naked teleport?
The normal vortex is much more viable off of b2 or during any AA juggle situation and generally has better options due to the fact that safe resets from this new method require you to use a generic low to reset instead of the safe jump option. So yes, it's still viable otherwise.

The new method is meant for pretty much what you said.

Remember when the move was like +15 in the 3D MK games? LOL.
Lol, shit, I remember how he had fucking unbreakables leading into hellfire in MKD/MKA. Hellfire in those games was so godlike! XD

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Quick question, can you do this after any 2nd spear in a combo or do you have to end in f4,3 spear? This seems to be really good, cant wait to try it out. That bnb is a much higher damage option which means you don't have to guess right as many times as with the normal vortex. Is there a good reason to use his normal vortex options over this one besides off of a naked teleport?
You have to use f43 ender, otherwise Scorp recovers too slow to put on the guessing game. You still wanna use the same combos off of his overheads, but this is a big deal cause he now gets vortex's off of his 11 spear, f+4 spear, 33 spear ect. His low and his standard punishers now have vortex's without sacrificing chunks of damage. Pretty nice.

mingzang

Master of Disaster
You have to use f43 ender, otherwise Scorp recovers too slow to put on the guessing game. You still wanna use the same combos off of his overheads, but this is a big deal cause he now gets vortex's off of his 11 spear, f+4 spear, 33 spear ect. His low and his standard punishers now have vortex's without sacrificing chunks of damage. Pretty nice.
So it will not work if i use 11 ~ 2nd Spear :( ???

Kedra

Noob
Uh, doing a 11~ 2nd spear AT the air will work. The following normals can be followed after the 2nd Spear tech: B+4, D+3(/4), B+2, F+4( The hardest to link without using F+43~ 2nd Spear). More testings to come, lol.

Saint

Noob
Not to take anything from Slips because he took the trouble to record it on video. However, this has been in the forums for a month! http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?11919-New-tech

Kedra is who should be getting credit for this. Heck, I even posted the combo variant Slips presented at the start: http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?11919-New-tech&p=189510#post189510
Some people man..

You want to give Kedra credit for having posted Checks video?

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Some people man..

You want to give Kedra credit for having posted Checks video?
I don't want to jump to conclusions, but it seems you didn't read past the initial post. He posted a video showing the tech in practice, and there was discussion among 4-5 players about this. Alas, it went for the most part ignored by the community for a month.

At least is now known out there. Players now have to beware of the Scorpion match up, because he has the potential of shutting down entirely their wake up game with this, the old vortex, and :en Hellfire.

Onto the tech itself:

How reliable is to use the nj.:fp/:bp, :l + :bp variant?

Unless the opponent is blocking and not attempting to do a wake up, a second :l + :bp won't juggle them back but pummel them because of the amount of frame advantage gained; i.e. like Cage's nutpunch, you really can't combo after, still the opponent can use a Breaker because of the amount of frame advantage it gives.

The best is to use the other variants shown because that way you can use both the overhead and low pokes without any of them backfiring --sans the opponent blocking correctly of course.

but the differnce is that slips or check uses it after a high damaging combo, so it is an improvement. the version that was presented before was more of an alternative for the normal vortex setup as it did low damage in combos, or so i thought

Does this depend on the size of the hitbox of the character? I just tried this on Sektor (Whom I've heard has a smaller hitbox than most) and I couldn't land a f4 or a b3 for the life of me. If someone disproves this can you at least leave me some tips on the timing of it?

Kedra

Noob
Does this depend on the size of the hitbox of the character? I just tried this on Sektor (Whom I've heard has a smaller hitbox than most) and I couldn't land a f4 or a b3 for the life of me. If someone disproves this can you at least leave me some tips on the timing of it?
It works on all.
The timing on F+43 in the video shown, it will be hard to execute if the opponent is not higher off the ground.

D+1 will always work, B+2 is, I know I tested it and results can be that if B+2 hits after the second spear from the air, the opponent will either bounce off the air or slides away from you (Just some notices from the playing around the tech).
F+4 is the most that you are gonna be aware since it is slow on start-up.

Wow. This move will win you many fights. I can hear people getting confused and pissed off when I do it. I got the timing down now and it does cancel wake ups every time. They have no choice but to block and it's pretty fuckin safe cause by the time they get the second spear their healthbar has already been depleted usually close to 70% and if you got meter, you got nothin to lose.

Wow. This move will win you many fights. I can hear people getting confused and pissed off when I do it. I got the timing down now and it does cancel wake ups every time. They have no choice but to block and it's pretty fuckin safe cause by the time they get the second spear their healthbar has already been depleted usually close to 70% and if you got meter, you got nothin to lose.
I found that landing the second spear depends on the height of the jik~Teleport. The lower you land the jik~Teleport, the higher your opponent will launch after the Teleport hits, and gives you more than enough time to f+4,3~Spear

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
So, B2 won't work after the 2nd spear if you launch with it, correct? I didn't notice this with F4 however. Also can the opponent actually block period after the 2nd spear? Didn't test this nor do I have a someone to test this with offline right now.

I found that landing the second spear depends on the height of the jik~Teleport. The lower you land the jik~Teleport, the higher your opponent will launch after the Teleport hits, and gives you more than enough time to f+4,3~Spear
What I've been doing is:
B2 JIK~TP F43 spear, if you do the JIK~TP immediately after the launch it has a 100% success rate
F4~spear NJP JIK~TP F43 spear. Same concept; you CAN do a dash B2 after the NJP and try that as well but I found that much less consistent with the height restriction.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Calling all Scorpion experts, please respond!

Right, so I've been including the use of Scorpion's f2 1 4 (the one where he slashes twice with his swords and then ends with a flip-kick for those who don't recall this string) as part of my pressure game and I saw it gives good spacing after it hits on block. Does this make for sufficient pushback and a nice edge to Scorpion's game in case we lose faith in his pressure? What are your thoughts on this?

Do note that this string isn't completely safe, as there are some specials - such as Reptile's Elbow Dash - that can punish Scorpion.