What's new

General discussion Tech/Strategy/Questions

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I've been messing with f3 to end juggles cause it splats whenever it hits anyone airborn. It leaves scorpion with a ton of time to move around before the other player can wake up or tech roll regardless of screen position.

His basic bnb 11xx spear, njp, b2, JKxx teleport, f3 does 35%
Love it. I did this by mistake the first time I played offline. Shout outs to rushing f43 after the tele. But I never explored it. Think it could have pressure options involving a whiffed tele? Perhaps to set up otg shenanigans?

Sent from Cyberdyne Systems

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
You have more than enough time to teleport then even land and block before they can do anything. It also reverses their input.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
You can get a guaranteed EX tele of a mid lvl jump kick if you cancel it once the kick is blocked. The teleport cannot be crouched if done correctly on a standing opponent so you get a guaranteed +10 advantage for 1 bar. Not groundbreaking but it has it's uses.

Canoptek Zombie

Error Macro
Btw has anyone seen the lamest tag combo EVER....you do the normal scorpion B+2, 1,1, teleport, 1,1, spear....but as your doing the spear you rapidly click Left bumper and bring johnny cage out and immediately do, B+2 (they will still be stunned by scorpions spear) and after johnny connects, it will make them drop to their knees....EXCEPT you switch back to scorpion and do B+2, it will catch them before they hit the ground and pop them back up in the air....(reset) where you just rinse and repeat....LAME but cool at the same time...

Btw has anyone seen the lamest tag combo EVER....you do the normal scorpion B+2, 1,1, teleport, 1,1, spear....but as your doing the spear you rapidly click Left bumper and bring johnny cage out and immediately do, B+2 (they will still be stunned by scorpions spear) and after johnny connects, it will make them drop to their knees....EXCEPT you switch back to scorpion and do B+2, it will catch them before they hit the ground and pop them back up in the air....(reset) where you just rinse and repeat....LAME but cool at the same time...
He has a reset with Ermac as a partner. After a block string cancel into Scorpion's unblockable tag assist then dash in and do Ermac's b2 charge move.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
What are your guys favorite anti-air options at mid screen or when cornered where a spear won't normally work against a jump in? What are your favorite bnb's/strategies off that? I am trying to level up my Scorpion a bit and thought I would leave the question here.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
What are your guys favorite anti-air options at mid screen or when cornered where a spear won't normally work against a jump in? What are your favorite bnb's/strategies off that? I am trying to level up my Scorpion a bit and thought I would leave the question here.
For mid screen aa I use(offline)
1 (slight dash)b2 jk~teleport 111 spear jip f21~teleport. Almost 40% + vortex. Doesn't get much more optimal than this.,b2 on an airborne opponent negates air damage scaling which is,why the dmg is so high.

Online I keep it simple
1 dash 3~teleport 111~spear jip f21tele

coolwhip

Noob
For mid screen aa I use(offline)
1 (slight dash)b2 jk~teleport 111 spear jip f21~teleport. Almost 40% + vortex. Doesn't get much more optimal than this.,b2 on an airborne opponent negates air damage scaling which is,why the dmg is so high.

Online I keep it simple
1 dash 3~teleport 111~spear jip f21tele
Online you can still do 1 dash 11~teleport~11~spear into the usual vortex setup.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Online you can still do 1 dash 11~teleport~11~spear into the usual vortex setup.
Oh I know, I just like the look of 3~teleport. :) but I do use your version when I get a random aa 1.,like catching someone jumping out, I'll go for that cause it's in the heat of the moment.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
Whether online or offline I usually am able to anti- air with B2 on reads. If it's on of those people who jump for the sake jumping then i will D1, 3, teleport 1,1, spear jip f2,1 for a easy hit comfirmable combo. If i air to air I always use jip 3, teleport 1,1, spear, jip f2,1. Sometimes if I'm really feel swagg burning in my body I will try to use b2 after an air to air jip

coolwhip

Noob
Whether online or offline I usually am able to anti- air with B2 on reads. If it's on of those people who jump for the sake jumping then i will D1, 3, teleport 1,1, spear jip f2,1 for a easy hit comfirmable combo. If i air to air I always use jip 3, teleport 1,1, spear, jip f2,1. Sometimes if I'm really feel swagg burning in my body I will try to use b2 after an air to air jip
B2 as anti-air should only be used as read due to how slow it is. Against good players, this is risky. I'd recommend anti-aring with 1 since it's safer, faster, and you can get the B2 after it anyway.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
B2 as anti-air should only be used as read due to how slow it is. Against good players, this is risky. I'd recommend anti-aring with 1 since it's safer, faster, and you can get the B2 after it anyway.
I said I usually do it on reads. It's in the first sentence. Then in the second sentence it says I use D1 most of the time.

coolwhip

Noob
I said I usually do it on reads. It's in the first sentence. Then in the second sentence it says I use D1 most of the time.
I was posting a general advice, not telling YOU what to do. I can read pretty well, thank you. I merely quoted your post to continue off of what you had said about B2.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
Oh I wasn't insulting your reading bro. I don't insult people. I got sensitive about the post, and thought you were telling me what to do. Sorry bro. But yeah one should only do that on reads or poorly spaced jump ins.

is scorp's hitbox considered to be high? It seemed like I was having a harder time getting out of NDC pressure when I was playing him

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
is scorp's hitbox considered to be high? It seemed like I was having a harder time getting out of NDC pressure when I was playing him
It's about average, most strings that are supposed to whiff or hit on crouching hitboxes aren't any different for Scorp. Just sucks for him that most of Kabal's stuff is supposed to hit on crouch blockers lol.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
That combined with his shit frames on his pokes is the very reason he has such a hard time getting out. Best case scenario? +1 ..........ggs -_-