What's new

FR IGAU Staff Blow up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Bro you need to go to another, and be there from start to finish. You would see the difference.
I was at SCR, and everything there ran smoothly as well, but obviously it was a completely different staff.

Maybe the fact that the TOs in our situations were entirely different were the deciding factor? Either way, my experience was still positive, that doesn't mean you had a favorable time at a different tournament though.

haketh

Noob
Like I've said before this is just a really weird situation, FR is always a great event and ye I know Pig wasn't there to run this one but other games really suffered this year. Just bizarre.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I don't know what to say then. 1 set up for tourney, 7 casuals, staff MIA. Perhaps you were in the last 2 pools and things seemed normal and didn't show up until then?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Like I've said before this is just a really weird situation, FR is always a great event and ye I know Pig wasn't there to run this one but other games really suffered this year. Just bizarre.
One point you brought up that no one really has was there was major SF drama as well , tekken drama also

Problems were afoot everywhere

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
For real ... I'm mediocre you think anybody gives a fuck if I want to play. Felt like an outsider the entire time other than the florida crew.

But at my local scene Id be on a 30 game win streak and give up my spot and give advice.
That is part of the reason I made this. So that the TYM cool guy crew can know that they do not own casuals. People come out to these events and get shit on.

haketh

Noob
Well I think Pig is referring to a match to get out of SF pools in losers, a guy was getting combo by Honda and hit by 100 Slaps and was low on life, the Honda pauses, they decide to unpause to see what happens, if Honda kills Honda gets the win, if not Guy gets the win. They upause, Honda kills, situation over.

BB also apparently had scheduling problems, I'd have to ask my boy Shinsyn about that though.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
That's true, but not everyone at a tournament (any tournament) is loud and extroverted. Some people would like to play but are too shy or nervous to actually say something (especially if the people playing are "known"). If you know you've been playing for a long time you should take it upon yourself to look behind you and ask "anyone want next?"
Yes! This! Thank you!

People at these tournies lack social skills and have absolutely no manners. I'm the type of guy to kindly and politely start asking to get some casuals in and what not...but if you throw me shade or act like I'm not waiting, that's when I start checking people.

There truly needs to be more mean mommies and soviet union style people (who are unbiased) running shit. I personally volunteer to be the watchmen of the casual stations at the next major I attend. I have no fear saying, "Hey, Zyphox (just using his name, nothing to read into here people) you've been there for 3 hours...move on!". etc., etc.,

haketh

Noob
About the hogging casual stations... speak up. I don't care if @Tom Brady is playing his long awaited rival matches against @WoundCowboy , I'm going to tell them to shove off if they've been at it for awhile so I can play. They can do that shit on the stream station or in the hotel.
This is the fighting game community, a ton of shy and awkward people that are gonna have a hard time asking for things like being able to play, if you see someone waiting behind you it's probably a good idea to nicely ask them if they want to play.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
This is the fighting game community, a ton of shy and awkward people that are gonna have a hard time asking for things like being able to play, if you see someone waiting behind you it's probably a good idea to nicely ask them if they want to play.
But if they don't and you don't say anything then it's not their fault that you never spoke up. It's not my responsibility to act for "shy and awkward" people.

I hog casuals stations at every major I go to... and if someone asks if they can get in, I'm the first one to get up and move. But they gotta ask, otherwise they are just watching my matches.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Personally whenever I see someone who is shy but obviously wanting to play, I speak up for them and say me and them want to get some sets in. Then, after I play a few sets and they are settled in, even if I win the matches I pass it off so someone else can play the guy. Hopefully, and eventually, they may do the same and the community as a whole can grow.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
When my patience is gone, I stand behind them flexing.
Then when they turn around, I look down on them and say "Bite the pillow... I'm going in dry" And that usually gets them to move.
Better hope they didn't eat almonds or shellfish before you "go in" XD ... I heard the stream, I know your weaknesses!

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Better hope they didn't eat almonds or shellfish before you "go in" XD ... I heard the stream, I know your weaknesses!
I just can't eat them, I don't die by touching them.
I'd be a bubble boy if I did, which would honestly be really hype.
The bubble Bane. Do a raging charge and just mow over people in my bubble.
Plus fucking... crowd surfing, dude. It would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.