What's new

FR IGAU Staff Blow up

Status
Not open for further replies.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
See you're missing the thing about the tourney being sub-par. We can do anology's all night long and yeah I'm salty about being blown off because I gave a shit.
No I'm not missing that, I'm just addressing that specific issue to you because I think you took it the wrong way. I can't comment on every problem you brought up because I wasn't there. I'm just looking at that from his perspective and anything else is just from what I've heard or been told.

But I'm sure he's intelligent enough to check badges so the guy can take a shit. The reason they don't do that at Subway is employment issues and insurance. I'm not trying to argue with you or anything, but I don't think it's proper to tell a man hey you did shitty at this tournament, so you'll probably do shitty at helping me. That's all.
I don't think he said "you went 0-2 gtfo" at the tournament but Fran is mad because someone made a thread blowing him up over misunderstandings. Yeah you shouldn't say that but I'd be angry too if I didn't do anything wrong.

i guess one could complain about the pools, the preliminary pool release had alot of problems but it turned out fine in the end

as far as how the tournament itself is run though thing always go great
I'm not denying there have been problems at East Coast tournaments, I'm just angry at everyone always blowing up KN staff when almost every problem I know of either came from the actual event staff or something outside their control. So fuck Brian Compton for the fire alarm.

I still want to hear what they say about it though. You should know me as one of the most regionally-unbiased people there is but I trust the people named. I don't think there should be so much judgment based on one side from only a couple peoples' perspectives.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I don't think he said "you went 0-2 gtfo" at the tournament but Fran is mad because someone made a thread blowing him up over misunderstandings. Yeah you shouldn't say that but I'd be angry too if I didn't do anything wrong.
Well then Arma must answer for his Casual monstering for hours on end. Perhaps Fran can get a pass.

LEGEND

YES!
I'm not denying there have been problems at East Coast tournaments, I'm just angry at everyone always blowing up KN staff when almost every problem I know of either came from the actual event staff or something outside their control. So fuck Brian Compton for the fire alarm.
lol. fair enough

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I told several guys this. I got to play and got off after 10 games or less, so 10-15 min. But it's not in a lot of people to be bullies or persistant. The first tourney I went to was so I could meet people in my state/area to play and it went just like that, it was fun. It's a great way to meet locals and when you're about to play and two previous top 8 placers that are boys come up to you about to play a set with the guy next to you and they say "hey bro we need this to prep for top 32" and proceed to play for an hour. Fool me once, fool me twice. I'll be an asshole at the next tourney you see me at about casuals. Great way to open the off-line scene to new comers. BTW I'm circumventing this btw as I have a complete set up as of today.
Most people will gladly play a ft2/3 and get off if you ask to hop in. It's not up to them to assume someone near their station is waiting to play casuals unless you ask.

AK Ace Universe

Yomi | RM Raoh
In that case I would put some things on the organizer then. It's called Final Round 17, as in the 17th time it's been run. Should be no issues by then. Again I'm speaking out where others won't or want to maintain their cred instead of saying something. I don't know how you could have been there and not seen the bullshit unless you where mesmerized by the hype matches, which there were plenty of.
Again, it's not like it's on these guys to make the decision to put pools together the way that they were. TO's made the decisions to do so based on the numbers of attendees. Blaming them for that is a waste of time, and is only causing unneeded drama at this point.

Honestly there's no face for the community from what it looks like. Nobody wants to step up, and instead you act like fucking children and blame each other. All I heard this entire tournament was people ripping on each other for meaningless bullshit when half the people complaining stood by watching instead of acting. If you're going to make threads about things that went wrong, what people should and shouldn't have been doing, step up to the plate and please take the reigns.

LEGI0N47

Most people will gladly play a ft2/3 and get off if you ask to hop in. It's not up to them to assume someone near their station is waiting to play casuals unless you ask.
In most cases yes. But I saw several that after you waited 20+ min said "oh let me get a ft5, now it's official." really? you've already got 15 gamess. That happened to two guys who had to play in pool 7 because people were "prepping."

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
God forbid he play games some while he's at a gaming tournament. Are you upset because you feel your money didn't give you the experience you though you deserved? If so do you really think that money is going to Fran or Arma?
I think he is more tiffed that Darth was supposidly sticking it up while he should've been managing the tourney which was already 2 hours behind.
I doubt Legion has any issue with people enjoying themselves.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
No I'm not missing that, I'm just addressing that specific issue to you because I think you took it the wrong way. I can't comment on every problem you brought up because I wasn't there. I'm just looking at that from his perspective and anything else is just from what I've heard or been told.

I still want to hear what they say about it though. You should know me as one of the most regionally-unbiased people there is but I trust the people named. I don't think there should be so much judgment based on one side from only a couple peoples' perspectives.
They will explain their side and I know they will and hopefully going forward none of this will never happen again. Right now they're driving and they need to be able to speak on this as well

Also my last post w the subway reference was a reference to the whole tourney not any one in particular

I really like arma Fran and co and hopefully the things that were Not their fault they will explain exactly to the T whose fault it was w no scared approach of who it may offend . I know one problem guy was this blonde shit head who was FR staff who made changes and was a dick to arma and Fran and I just recently found out about him

But this needs to be asked and said :
Including me being lied to by @ShinBlanka about the pre registering stuff

Larry DID WE NOT have a 30 min conversation about this w a PM message included. No seeding for non pre registered players by skill/ location? They would all play each other first two rounds?? Where did that go

Who changed this? What name and person decided against this which made Me look like I was lying and scaring people into pre registering? This is a problem

Also @ShinBlanka who on FR staff allowed people who didn't register on time to be added to pools late and brackets?

Also who told to KN to merge the brackets and pools 20 min before tourney started?

Also can you state in your words who was in charge for injustice at FR
Thanks

LEGI0N47

God forbid he play games some while he's at a gaming tournament. Are you upset because you feel your money didn't give you the experience you though you deserved? If so do you really think that money is going to Fran or Arma?

No. It's that you're supposed to be there for a reason if you're staff. So if i'm staff at a tourney I get to play casuals for 3 hours and let everyone run rampant and the stream station run everything form 1 set up. Did you read my post?

Frantastic23

Best 3rd Strike Player on TYM.
Things like this make it super discouraging for me to even attend events to run brackets I would love to attend a event and just play in pools and hang out with everyone. I know people in other communities I would love to hang out but I want to help make people's experience a little bit better.

Next event I'm just going to play as a competitor and I'm not going to help with anything.

I shouldn't have brought up the 0-2 thing I was wrong for that and I do apologize but next time if you need some clarification on things just pull me to the side and I have no problem breaking down situations for you.

All in all I'm just done running brackets in this community and you guys can have fun with it. Thank you for the opportunity though guys.

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
That's true, but not everyone at a tournament (any tournament) is loud and extroverted. Some people would like to play but are too shy or nervous to actually say something (especially if the people playing are "known"). If you know you've been playing for a long time you should take it upon yourself to look behind you and ask "anyone want next?"

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So you can't take criticism? Instead of thinking "Okay kaybe things didn't run well adn I could improve" or finding a way to explain what happened in a calm way you're just gonna take your ball and go home? Come on now.
If thats what he wants, I don't blame him. Theres a lot of drama in the community, I wouldn't want to run brackets either. Theres no luxury to be had by it aside from being overworked instead of enjoying the time you have there.

Like if you have a crap job and you quit it for another better one, you aren't taking your ball home, you're buying a new different kind of ball that you'll enjoy more because it didn't bounce into a pile of dogshit.

If thats what he wants, I don't blame him. Theres a lot of drama in the community, I wouldn't want to run brackets either. Theres no luxury to be had by it aside from being overworked instead of enjoying the time you have there.

Like if you have a crap job and you quit it for another better one, you aren't taking your ball home, you're buying a new different kind of ball that you'll enjoy more because it didn't bounce into a pile of dogshit.
Dude....you have the best analogies

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Things like this make it super discouraging for me to even attend events to run brackets I would love to attend a event and just play in pools and hang out with everyone. I know people in other communities I would love to hang out but I want to help make people's experience a little bit better.

Next event I'm just going to play as a competitor and I'm not going to help with anything.

I shouldn't have brought up the 0-2 thing I was wrong for that and I do apologize but next time if you need some clarification on things just pull me to the side and I have no problem breaking down situations for you.

All in all I'm just done running brackets in this community and you guys can have fun with it. Thank you for the opportunity though guys.
I'm not sure how everything went down at FR, but I really appreciate how well you and everybody ran NEC brackets. I had both my pools at the same time, and I had absolutely no issues playing matches at either spot in the ballroom.

It was my first time at a major, and everything went fantastically smooth, so thanks for that either way. Hopefully you don't get to hung up over this, because you, Arma, and crew did a great job in the EC.

haketh

Noob

Eh makes sense in that case. I've been there myself, running brackets sucks 98% if the time and it's thankless but being there to help make sure things run smoothly is worth it.

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
Ok but FR was this

U ready???

4 dudes behind the counter working at subway

Crowd comes in and orders food

Every possible mistake is made and orders are fucked through the roof

People ask the employees "who is in charge? Who can fix this?"

Competent costumer in line who use to work at subway says "I can " and asked who does he talk to to start helping

4employees working say they don't know and look at each other confused

Employee one says "guys someone fucked up this pastrami on wheat badly and made tuna on turd, who did it????"

Other 3 employees look at each other

At this time one leaves

Then shortly after Another leaves to sit down and eat lunch

Then other guy calls corporate

Corporate says "how's everything at the store?" Employee says we cool

Then pl pauses
This post is so gdlk lol

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Eh makes sense in that case. I've been there myself, running brackets sucks 98% if the time and it's thankless but being there to help make sure things run smoothly is worth it.
I personally might volunteer for it next time around. I want my community to thrive so no one has to feel this way, and no one has to take flak for things they couldn't control.

LEGI0N47

Yeah... Someone tell me how fr website moved my pool time to 2pm fri night then magically on sat it was changed to 12 without announcement and i almost get dq'd at 130....

On top of that you guys hogged casual stations which totally sucked balls.
Way to speak up

LEGI0N47

I'm not sure how everything went down at FR, but I really appreciate how well you and everybody ran NEC brackets. I had both my pools at the same time, and I had absolutely no issues playing matches at either spot in the ballroom.

It was my first time at a major, and everything went fantastically smooth, so thanks for that either way. Hopefully you don't get to hung up over this, because you, Arma, and crew did a great job in the EC.
Bro you need to go to another, and be there from start to finish. You would see the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.